Thread: Adding foster kids to plan? Or just sign them to tmobile?

Device(s)
    Pocket PC
    Feedback Score

Adding foster kids to plan? Or just sign them to tmobile?

My wife and I have the 55+ plan. We now have 2 foster children who we may get phones. Should we move to a family plan with sprint if we are being absorbed into tmobile eventually? Also are there cheap phone options that will be good on both networks? I don't want to have to get them $1000 phones when they break everything or upgrade next year or so. I have the note9 so I think I'm good, my wife has a sprint galaxy s5 sport. I doubt the s5 has all the bands for tmobile. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score

Adding foster kids to plan? Or just sign them to tmobile?

I would stay with Sprint if you like the service and like to be patient for the merger to get done.

iPhone XR is a good phone that should be capable to use T-Mobile’s network. It’s $10 per month.

I am hoping iPhone 8 and above can be migrated.

The Pixel is one of the most unlockable phones and the Samsung Galaxies.

But Android is so unpredictable. You almost have to go late model flagship to guarantee T-Mobile will migrate you.

T-Mobile did get my Verizon Galaxy Note 8 working a while ago without an issue.

But you don’t want to have the models they will find unattractive to migrate. It might they could say, “We will do the 10 and the 9 but not the 8 or 10, 9 and 8 but not the 7...etc...”

I expect there will be buyouts and promotions eventually to get people off of Sprint, but the first wave of migrations will probably be the Store unlocking the Sprint Phones and giving you a T-Mobile Sim Card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    I would stay with Sprint if you like the service and like to be patient for the merger to get done.

iPhone XR is a good phone that should be capable to use T-Mobile’s network. It’s $10 per month.

I am hoping iPhone 8 and above can be migrated.

The Pixel is one of the most unlockable phones and the Samsung Galaxies.

But Android is so unpredictable. You almost have to go late model flagship to guarantee T-Mobile will migrate you.

T-Mobile did get my Verizon Galaxy Note 8 working a while ago without an issue.

But you don’t want to have the models they will find unattractive to migrate. It might they could say, “We will do the 10 and the 9 but not the 8 or 10, 9 and 8 but not the 7...etc...”

I expect there will be buyouts and promotions eventually to get people off of Sprint, but the first wave of migrations will probably be the Store unlocking the Sprint Phones and giving you a T-Mobile Sim Card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am staying with Sprint - and have been continuous for 20 years. Not always the best depending on my travels, but getting much better.

One rep suggested that the switchover will take a few years in terms of antennas - wanting to mitigate customer impacts. I suspect that iPhones 8 and above will be fine. I jumped from Android several years ago and cannot comment on those devices.

At the end of the day, I am hopeful that the merger will be the best for both customer bases regardless that T-Mobile is the surviving g company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    I'd get them prepaid lines on something like a Moto G7 or one of the other Moto phones. They're good phones that aren't too expensive.