Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $60 NEW iPhone SE 32gb is back on BestBuy.com!! (SIMPLE Mobile)

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (mobile), iPad mini 2 on GV (WiFi)
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice & T-Mobile via Tracfone/SafeLink
    Feedback Score

$60 NEW iPhone SE 32gb is back on BestBuy.com!! (SIMPLE Mobile)

Last edited by Scott in Boston; 11-17-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    You order one?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    You order one?

PLEASE SEE ORIGINAL POST:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...1#post17103931

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    if someone doesn't mind the small 4inch screen, the 6S internals are still very very very smooth, I'm sad to say more consistently smooth than even my v35. Updated an old iphone 6S to ios13 the other week which happily seemed to fix the degraded camera quality problems I was having with it oddly and toyed around with it and you can just feel the smoothness.

basically I'm trying to say still very competent as a daily driver in late 2019

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scott in boston View Post
    Okay…now they're sold out locally again…but keep checking daily as i did…they will probably be restocked again at some point. Took 3 days in my case, but it paid off.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Once again available!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/simple-...?skuId=6370444

If they sell out, just keep checking…seems they become available every day for a short window…twice now, I've seen them switch from store pickup to FREE SHIPPING…like just now…I logged in and was able to switch my order from store pickup 11/27 to free shipping to my home on 11/22…YAY!

Feedback Score
    Bought one today. Anybody bought one and activated it on Tracfone with IMEI so that it can be unlocked in a year?

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you rebrand this over to TF, does it work on T-mobile or Verizon?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    If you rebrand this over to TF, does it work on T-mobile or Verizon?
    Comes with a Simple Mobile (T-Mo) SIM.
    Should work on ATT or VZW too, if TF will link the SIM to the IMEI so that the IMEI gets credit for being active and can be unlocked in a year.
    I'm thinking of giving my old SE to a friend on VZW postpaid when it unlocks in April, but I have to be able to use the new SE before I give up the old one. Somebody on Safelink had difficulty getting the SE activated, I hope that was because they were on Safelink.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Can I just move my already activated Tracfone AT&T or T-Mobile sim to use in this phone? Don't care about unlocking a year from now. Thanks

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post
    Can I just move my already activated Tracfone AT&T or T-Mobile sim to use in this phone? Don't care about unlocking a year from now.
    Yes, you can do that.

Feedback Score
    Potential bad news.
    I used Apple's warranty checker on the SE I bought yesterday.
    https://checkcoverage.apple.com/us/en/

It told me there was a valid purchase date attached to the phone, and that tech support and warranty coverage were expired.
    Does that mean tech support and warranty have not yet started, or does that mean I'm not the original purchaser?

EDIT:
    It appears from the discussion on SlickDeals that expired means expired.
    If it's new unactivated it tells you it can't give you a warranty end date because you haven't activated it yet.
    If it tells you warranty has expired, it was activated over a year ago. (nearly two years ago in my case)
    Last edited by taxmantoo; 02-16-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Feedback Score
    I looked at the reviews, saw the one where he posted an image of the warranty checker results, and then read ALL the one star reviews.

Apple online chat could only tell me that the purchase date/warranty start date was 02-20-2018. So now I'm waiting for a callback from the phone support advisors.

Package appears to be factory shrink wrapped, and has the Simple Mobile SIM kit attached to the wrap with the two adhesive circles, so I'm pretty sure if it's used that Simple Mobile repacked it not Best Buy. I do NOT want to open it and find a dirty scratched phone inside like some reported on Slick Deals. And I don't really want to spend my Sunday afternoon driving 30 miles to Best Buy to get rid of it either. The guy who called Best Buy and got a $60 gift card and told to keep the phone, now that's a result I could live with, as long as there's actually a phone inside the box when I open it.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13814234-32...-free-shipping

Feedback Score
    Who knows where these things came from. I bought one a couple of weeks ago only to have it DOA. Would not turn on or charge. It looked new in shrink wrapped box. Returned it as there were none available for exchange. Still nothing available in my area (SoCal).

Feedback Score
    It's possible that yours was made in 2016 and the battery ran down so far that it wasn't safe to charge it.
    I can't remember how low the battery was in the one I bought new from Tracfone in March, but I'm pretty sure it was well under 50% but battery life was 100% until I let it run down a couple of times in the first week. I was used to LG and Samsung phones that I recharged weekly and the SE needs charging every couple of days. So I ran it flat twice and battery life was 98%. Fortunately it's still 98% ten months later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast