Thread: Tracfone transfer issue with Samsung J7 Crown

Feedback Score

Tracfone transfer issue with Samsung J7 Crown

Hi,
    I did the live chat on TF yesterday to transfer my LG Fiesta 2 to Samsung J7 Crown. 1st live chat took quite a while she gave me my bucket balances then I tried to do the transfer and got some strange questions from the rep. She said first you have to check to see if the new phone is compatible to hotspot! I asked What, why, never had to do this before? After another long wait she came back and apologized and said to disregard that. I decided to end that chat before going further. Next live chat started around 1pm and she made the transfer but I had no phone service! I stayed on the live chat for about 1 hour and she could not get the phone to work. She told me Tech support would call me in 15 minuets on my land line to get the phone working. Well no phone call ever came! I called the Miami CS and that was the worst phone call to be on due to the loud noise level from the bull pen style setup! I could barley her the rep. but she did try to get it to work but no luck. (even though I told her my reason for calling was Tech support did not call me and that was who I was trying to get in touch with) finally after way to many failed attempts she finally transferred me to Tech. Here is what the tech said the known problem with the J7 Crown is - You have to do the update on the phone 1st before you do the transfer for the phone to work! So I asked him why the CS did not know this - he said they all should and he apologized. Finally 3+ hours later my phone works and all the buckets are correct. I am not sure I like the new layout now on the phone after the update but I will have to get use to it. Hope this helps someone else that buys this phone to make sure you do the update 1st before you transfer or setup a new account.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Was it a security update or an Android version upgrade?

Feedback Score
    Not real sure but I think it was the Android version. I now have android 9.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shay3 View Post
    Not real sure but I think it was the Android version. I now have android 9.
    Must have been an Android version upgrade because the J7 Crown was released with Android 8. The home & navigation button/method changed in Android 9.

Feedback Score
    Curious why updating the OS version would have any impact on activating the phone.(?)