Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Biggest network reach?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Biggest network reach?

Hello everyone, I'm looking to switch to att or verizon from tmobile. I'm looking for a network that has the most coverage, either 4g or 3g I'm just looking for the most coverage in the states. It says att has 70% 3g and verizon has 70% 4g. But I read somewhere att has more 3g coverage than verizon 4g coverage. So who really covers more?

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by berry05 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm looking to switch to att or verizon from tmobile. I'm looking for a network that has the most coverage, either 4g or 3g I'm just looking for the most coverage in the states. It says att has 70% 3g and verizon has 70% 4g. But I read somewhere att has more 3g coverage than verizon 4g coverage. So who really covers more?
    I would say Verizon based on proven facts but also talk to people who have the other three carriers

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Verizon seems to cover more AT&T will be dropping 3G sometime soon.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The carrier with the biggest reach is the one that works where and when you need it too, whether that be a big carrier, like AT&T, a regional carrier, like U.S. Cellular, or one of the many local carriers. In my rural area, we have 4 carriers, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular. Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have the most overall coverage, that is for sure.

Feedback Score
    I would get a plan from more than one carrier if coverage is that important. I encounter dead areas from VZW, ATT, and T-Mobile regularly when traveling. Plus, you'll get a bit extra coverage with the roaming partners of each carrier you have.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFNube View Post
    I would get a plan from more than one carrier if coverage is that important. I encounter dead areas from VZW, ATT, and T-Mobile regularly when traveling. Plus, you'll get a bit extra coverage with the roaming partners of each carrier you have.

That's usually what I do. A backup carrier is always nice just in case

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    That's usually what I do. A backup carrier is always nice just in case
    Yes that's what I do. I have T-Mobile postpaid as my main carrier. But I have project fi and at AT&t prepaid SIM card as a backup.

Feedback Score
    I've traveled the USA extensively over the past 11 years as an rv'er. You'll be hard pressed to find a place that you'd want to spend much time that doesn't have Verizon coverage.

I spent a lot of those years in the West. No coverage areas usually were a desolate five mile stretch in the middle of an Indian reservation or on a forest service road at the top of a mountain, etc. Those are great places to see and pass through, but not places you'd spend any kind of time. Those are also the kinds of places which no carrier will have a signal.

JMO

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    I've traveled the USA extensively over the past 11 years as an rv'er. You'll be hard pressed to find a place that you'd want to spend much time that doesn't have Verizon coverage.

I spent a lot of those years in the West. No coverage areas usually were a desolate five mile stretch in the middle of an Indian reservation or on a forest service road at the top of a mountain, etc. Those are great places to see and pass through, but not places you'd spend any kind of time. Those are also the kinds of places which no carrier will have a signal.

JMO
    Even though I now have T-Mobile I still can't deny that Verizon is still top dog when it comes to coverage.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by berry05 View Post
    Fortunately, they're both expanding. They have a tower sharing deal to push into new areas. You'll also want postpaid as roaming can help in a big way. At&t just recently started roaming with us cellular. If you go with T, make sure you have a band 14 phone. With either carrier, I'd get the newest Samsung or LG flagships. Reception is stellar with Qualcomm.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Fortunately, they're both expanding. They have a tower sharing deal to push into new areas. You'll also want postpaid as roaming can help in a big way. At&t just recently started roaming with us cellular. If you go with T, make sure you have a band 14 phone. With either carrier, I'd get the newest Samsung or LG flagships. Reception is stellar with Qualcomm.

They are expanding even T-Mobile. But T-Mobile at the top three still has a lot of ground to make up in terms of coverage. My recommendation if the original poster really wants comprehensive coverage get both AT&t and Verizon. Even if you have to do just prepaid. But yes Romy is also important so postpaid would be the best option for the OP.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post

When did the roaming agreement between us cellular and at&t fall into place ?! I couldn't figure out why in the world my LG V40 was connecting to a known us cellular tower on band 5 where at&t usually drops for a second. All the while my dad's iphone 6 that has never had a service update still had terrible service while my moms updated iphone 6 had 5 bars of service like my phone.

Do you know the ins and outs of the agreement ? Damn now at&t is like perfect in New Hampshire.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    When did the roaming agreement between us cellular and at&t fall into place ?! I couldn't figure out why in the world my LG V40 was connecting to a known us cellular tower on band 5 where at&t usually drops for a second. All the while my dad's iphone 6 that has never had a service update still had terrible service while my moms updated iphone 6 had 5 bars of service like my phone.

Do you know the ins and outs of the agreement ? Damn now at&t is like perfect in New Hampshire.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Within the past month. That's all I know, lol.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I think firstnet requires a certain amount of roaming in spots that aren’t native coverage until att builds it out.

Feedback Score

Biggest Network Reach?

Quote Originally Posted by HFNube View Post

Yes, we have a winner. If you want ONE carrier to work in most places, in the United States, then Verizon is clearly the definite choice...right now. I say that, living in Minnesota, where AT&T has the best coverage in Minnesota and Verizon second.

Is you want to go with TWO carriers, I would definitely go with AT&T and Verizon. I have two of the $20 per month AT&T unlimited data plans. If we are traveling, our smartphones are on Total Wireless, which is a Verizon MVNO. I also bring the AT&T hotspot, which allows wifi calling with Google Voice, etc.

Some smartphones, like some of the newest Apple iPhones, will natively do two SIMs. One physical SIM and one e-SIM. Some Chinese smartphones, possibly others, too, will take two physical SIM cars. Or, if you want to get by on the cheap, get an inexpensive smartphone from Wal-Mart, Target or wherever and get one of the SIM cards that gives you a year of service for $40. That is pretty cheap to have a year of service for $40.

My wife and I are ATVers and we get in some VERY remote places while we are out riding. Peeps with Sprint or T-Mobile are dead in the water. Folks on AT&T and Verizon have much better coverage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast