Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsung Galaxy A10e (S102DL)

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    going from a 16:9 5.7" v20 to the 18:9 6" v35 took awhile to get used to maybe not only the larger screen but it being more narrow as well....after about a week or two I did though. I did compare the keyboard height side by side with the previous phone and raised it on the v35 and that is what mostly helped.

I was actually going to get the a10e as a nice little budget phone but I guess it was a very popular deal for walmart black friday because they were wiped out. At customer service there was a cart of stuff they had found just tossed randomly on aisles/shelfs around the store and there was (I'm assuming) way more expensive a50 but that was it. Internet wouldn't be hooked up for a small time after a move and I wanted to have lots of data via a ST unlimited plan with reasonably priced other phone to watch lots of vids/surf internet. The one time in years I regretted only having TF with 1gb data total....but eh, it's saved me 60 a month for years so this one time it didn't hurt :P

would have been a nice little phone for the cheaper price and octa core cpu, although unless somebody has personally DLed the CPU-Z app or something to see if it's actually octa core who knows....I know some TF/ST/N10 phones are nerfed specs for some reason. For example the Stylo 3 was octa core on other carriers but only quadcore on ST, and I vaguely remember years ago about the stylo 2 being nerfed too alongside less ram and an older OS on it, on the flipside, the j3 orbit is octa core but the ATT version is only quadcore....weird with the spec nerfs depending on carrier...

in regards to the post earlier, if the stylo 5 is indeed 3gb ram that's great for the price actually...the more ram the better, I honestly feel like that's more of a limitation than most of these budget phones being 16gb storage

Device(s)
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Carrier(s)
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I took a quick look at the A10e demo at my local Walmart a few days ago.

I like the idea of the fuller display (smaller bezels) in the given size of the device, but with its 18:9 display ratio it is very narrow, and viewing most sites in portrait mode that narrow-ness would seem to translate to a more cramped keyboard, smaller default font, etc. It's really a skinny device.
    I agree, this phone is really small. The first thought that I had upon opening the packaging was "is this a kids phone?" lol. I've come across a few reviews that actually state that its aspect ratio is 19.5:9. Not sure how to do the math myself. Didn't this skinny phone thing start with Apple? I think they sell to a high number of women and they have smaller hands, generally. Thought I read that somewhere...

Anyway, while the screen is skinny, I also find it overly backlit and too bright. Plus there is no auto brightness setting. Whenever I look at a page that is mostly white, I can't look at it straight on. I've tried unsuccessfully to find a happy medium.

The loud speaker is pretty loud. Not as good a quality as the Moto phones, IMHO, but the closest in volume.

I also went back the next day and purchased an LG Journey for $40. Just fired it up today and so far I like the tactile feel of that phone better. I'll play with both for a few more days. Probably end up returning the A10e.

Feedback Score
    The thing that sucks about the A10e is no fingerprint scanner and no auto adjust brightness for the display.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    I've come across a few reviews that actually state that its aspect ratio is 19.5:9. Not sure how to do the math myself. Didn't this skinny phone thing start with Apple?
    It's just large dimension divided by small dimension. Then make that an integer ratio.

Actually screen, not including bezel.

4:3 is 1.33
    16:9 is 1.78

When they went to 2.0, they used 18:9 to sound similar to 16:9 d emphasize the extra height for the same width. Could have used any two integers, 8:4, 10:5, 20:10, etc, but 18:9 would feel familiar.

19.5:9 is nonsensical, but would get the exaggerated height across better than saying 2.17.

2.17 happens to be the aspect ratio of the iPhone X, so in this case yes Apple looks to be first.

But they were not first with 16:9 or 2.0 (18:9).
    Apple didn't do 16:9 until the iPhone 5 in 2012 (3:2 before that) while Android used it long before that (like the Motorola Droid in 2009). I believe LG was first with 2.0 (18:9). And Sony is playing with 21:9 right now.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lux&hl=en_US worked well tor auto brightness on my LG Phoenix 2, which has no built in auto adjust brightness.

Feedback Score
    In case anyone is interested TracFone eBay store has Total Wireless A10e for $50. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Total-Wirel...oAAOSwQApd3a30)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2