Thread: Transfer from Samsung to Alcatel Zip

Feedback Score

Transfer from Samsung to Alcatel Zip

I just did a transfer from my TF Samsung Luna Pro (VZ service) to my Alcatel Zip (AT&T service). It transferred fairly fast.

The chat CSR (Sheila) told me I could check the balance by texting the word balance to 611611. The balance info didn't arrive and I couldn't get my usage info in my TF account for any of my phones (it usually works) so I tried the AT&T inquiry method, using the phone dialer and dialing *777*1#

The reply came quickly.

I posted that here for anyone with an AT&T service based TF.

I wanted to try my service on the Zip since I hadn't activated it, and if I don't like it I can revert back to the Samsung.

I haven't seen any evidence of VoLTE or advanced calling features. It just says LTE under network type (Settings/About Phone).

It's a pretty basic 7.1.1 Android platform smartphone.

I like the size. Like the Samsung, despite being 5" it fits well in my hand. It's not big & slippery.

I also wanted to have at least one phone on TF/ AT&T.

It boots up slowly and doesn't feel or seem as nice quality as the Samsung but I felt I should try it out. I don't want an active smartphone bigger than the Zip or Samsung smartphones, anything bigger than 5" is awkward.

My first official incoming call on the Zip was a junk spam caller. Woopee

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Is the ZIP a A576BL? If so, did it come with an AT&T SIM or did you use a BYOP? What TF brand? AT&T does not provide VoLTE to MVNOs. so that setting may not show.

Cheaper Alcatel models vary in performance. My Raven is lousy, while the TCL LX is quite good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Is the ZIP a A576BL? If so, did it come with an AT&T SIM or did you use a BYOP? What TF brand? AT&T does not provide VoLTE to MVNOs. so that setting may not show.

Cheaper Alcatel models vary in performance. My Raven is lousy, while the TCL LX is quite good.
    Yes, it's the A576BL. I got it at the TF website with a plan card to get a discount and it came with the AT&T sim.

I thought about getting a Raven but the Zip sounded better.

I looked all over for any sign of advanced calling features before and after activation but I guess if AT&T doesn't provide VoLTE to mvno's, good reason I didn't find anything.

I like the phone okay, it does the basics. Fast enough for my simple needs. I use Wifi for the mobile web so I'm not sure how good it is on mobile data.

The screen is responsive. It has 16gb memory. Probably a good starter smartphone for someone who can use AT&T. My only issue is mine boots up slowly.

Sent from my A576BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Here are some screenshots from my Alcatel Zip, part of the "grayed out" APN to show AT&T, and some CPU-Z shots.

Name:  Screenshot_zipAPN1.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  21.2 KBName:  Screenshot_zip2.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  34.4 KBName:  Screenshot_zip1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  44.3 KBName:  Screenshot_zipp4.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  37.5 KB

Feedback Score
    I just went to add a 60 minutes/ 90 day plan card to my Zip, but checked to see what plans would show if I put in the phone number and said I needed to buy a plan. I only was offered smartphone only cards and add ons even if signed into my account.

I wasn't sure if the card would add as a tripled value (180/180/180) or 60/60/60, so I added the card to my ZTE flip, using the TF bonus code I saw at Turk forums, 12745 which gave me an extra 60 minutes talk time. I got 240/180/180 and the service end date is September 2020.

I got the plan with the reconditioned ZTE flip I bought this week to keep as a spare in case my current one breaks.

I finally got my balance for the Zip by texting the word usage to 611611 but I can also use the AT&T phone code *777*1# to inquire.

Feedback Score
    Zip's current home screen buddy. Name:  Screenshot_zipHome1.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  47.1 KB

Feedback Score
    Kind of scary.