Thread: SIMO Wireless

Feedback Score

SIMO Wireless

Has anyone used the SIMO Wireless service? The technology seems pretty nice but not sure why this is not more mainstream. This comes prebuilt on certain phones like this one for e.g. Blu G9 This is a great option for global use. The rates seem very reasonable too.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I’m pretty sure it’s just a eSIM which is widely available on the pixel and iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s just a eSIM which is widely available on the pixel and iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not because I checked a few of the phones that they list as compatible and none have eSim. This uses vSim from Skyroam which may be identical to eSim but named and patented differently. Looks like Simo is just a Skyroam reseller.

Their site is pretty lacking in any details including pricing but the Skyroam site is pretty clear its $9/mo per gb, no rollover. $99/month unlimited. They sell a hotspot device also. Not so great in the US but maybe great for travelers where the price remains the same in any country this works in.

Lenovo has invested $215 million in Skyroam and they mention Lenovo devices being compatible but they aren't listed on the Simo site at all.

https://www.chinatravelnews.com/article/93902

There are some different vSim schemes also and at least one shows a service in the UK where you could (coming soon it says) share the same number across different devices such as a landline and a cell phone sort of like Google Voice but it seems without forwarding because the number exists in two places. Carriers that have implemented IMS across their network can do the same thing but I'm not sure whether anyone is doing this across different networks they own like AT&T allowing you to have the same number from your home phone on your cell but TMobile's digits and AT&T's Number Sync use IMS on cell networks.

http://www.swytch.com/pricing/

Feedback Score
    It allowed me to install the SIMO Wireless app on my Pixel 3a not on Pixel or other phones. However, when I opened the app it said my device is not supported by the software.