Thread: What Plan Is This?

Feedback Score

What Plan Is This?

I have the $2 daily plan and have about $380 in my account because I don't use my cell phone a lot.

Coincidentally, my mother also has the $2 daily plan and has about $380 in her account. However, she has a flip phone while I have smartphone. She called ATT to talk about her service and she told me the guy gave her a deal I can't figure out. He said she doesn't have to pay for a year. At the end of the year, she has to pay $10 for another year. At the end of 2 years, she'll have $150 in her account.

Can anyone figure out what this guy did? It sounds like they're charging her account balance $120/year instead of charging her credit card $25/quarter. How did they do that? I'd like to know because I might want the same deal!

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, sounds extremely lousy on the face of it. Can you login to her account and view her plan/transaction/balance. Why did she call in the first place?
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Yeah, sounds extremely lousy on the face of it. Can you login to her account and view her plan/transaction/balance. Why did she call in the first place?
    Lousy? Seems like a great deal to me. She only has to pay $10 over the next 2 years.

I logged into her account a few years ago, but can't find the login credentials. I don't know what her reason for calling was.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidZz View Post
    Lousy? Seems like a great deal to me. She only has to pay $10 over the next 2 years.

I logged into her account a few years ago, but can't find the login credentials. I don't know what her reason for calling was.
    True, as long as she's comfortable staying on the plan for the 2 years. It's good if you just want to use up the existing balance. But it seems to be trading off any flexibility for the next two years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    True, as long as she's comfortable staying on the plan for the 2 years. It's good if you just want to use up the existing balance. But it seems to be trading off any flexibility for the next two years.
    It's not clear to me that she's given up any flexibility. That's why I'm curious to figure out what this CS rep did.

However, it's not that important to me to dig any deeper about it because, for my $380 balance, I went with the $35/$30 monthly plan, which works best for me. It's not worth pestering my mother to find out more.

Based on my experience and what some posters here have said, the ATT reps are getting very flexible and accommodating lately. Moral of the Story: If you don't ask you wont get anything.