Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Airalo International Data Roaming For eSIM Devices

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Folks,

Another followup.

I just received an email from Airalo saying that if I knew anyone stranded abroad because of the recent travel restrictions, they would provide free esims to keep in touch with family and friends while trying to get back home. That is pretty generous and really helpful to folks in that situation.

Eric

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the updates. I too have found Airalo to have great customer service and if there was ever a problem they made it right.

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Feedback Score

Is this still on T Mobile network when buying the USA data plan?

Is this still on T Mobile network when buying Airalo's USA data plan?

I'm trying to find:

- a good eSIM data plan, on a non-T Mobile network
    - a good physical SIM data plan for an older iPad cellular, on a non-T Mobile network.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ono1 View Post

I'm trying to find:

- a good physical SIM data plan for an older iPad cellular, on a non-T Mobile network.
    Right now it’s back on AT&T which makes it useful again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ono1 View Post

I'm trying to find:

I just reloaded to test (so apparently you all are worth at least $11 to me ), but it seemed that the existing eSIMs still roam on T-Mobile/Verizon. Once data kicks in (seems to take up to 45 minutes), I'll report back on who it's using. For new eSIMs, it uses AT&T.

What kind of iPad do you have? How much data? My favorite right now has been the FreedomPop yearly SIMs (buy at Target and a few other places) - don't put your credit card info into the account and use it for the year - 1GB/month and roams on AT&T.

Edit: I'm on T-Mobile with my old Airalo eSIM.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fv22652 View Post
    Folks,

Just an update. I purchased an airalo esim for Germany last week. 10Gb for $18 good for 30 days. I'm in Germany now and cannot get the esim to activate and/or connect to the cellular network. I find it strange as the esim is through Ja!mobile, which it TMobile in Germany, but the information provided says truphone? When I scanned the Q code on my Pixel 3a, it show up as Telna? On top of that, I get four APNs that don't match the information from the esim? Things aren't matching up all the way around. I gave up and sent an email asking for a refund. We'll see what happens. Really disappointed.

Eric
    I have tried Airalo ATT esim for us in the US; worked well (I think now only TMobile in US) I reached out to Airalo a couple of times and was impressed with their customer service. Did you get it resolved?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bukzin,

Yes, I posted earlier in the thread. Airalo reached out to me very quickly and provided me with a voucher for a new esim. It turns out that when I had installed the original esim, they were experiencing a widespread outage (just my luck). I purchased a new esim, installed it, and everything worked great.

Their customer service was Excellent! I definitely plan on using them again when I travel to Europe.

Eric

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just got a return email from Airalo. Their current network providers in the US
    are TMobile and Verizon. March 27th 2020

Good news.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bukzin View Post

Good news.
    Weird. Just last week it was back on AT&T

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Good news.
    That's a weird combination. When on Verizon, the devices would have to be from the ones whitelisted by Verizon for VoLTE.

LE: I was wrong, it doesn't have voice, so no need for VoLTE: "This eSIM doesn't come with a number. LTE-Data only. T-Mobile and Verizon"

Name:  airsim.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  44.7 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    That's a weird combination. When on Verizon, the devices would have to be from the ones whitelisted by Verizon for VoLTE.

LE: I was wrong, it doesn't have voice, so no need for VoLTE: "This eSIM doesn't come with a number. LTE-Data only. T-Mobile and Verizon"
    Yeah, it was a blink-and-you'd-miss-it time on AT&T. Verizon is a bit weird in that it works without displaying signal bars, but it might have to do with how Verizon displays a signal if VoLTE isn't present or something else due to roaming.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Name:  airsim.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  44.7 KB

Of course there is always WhatsApp, Google Voice, Viber etc for voice calls over your esims data

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Of course there is always WhatsApp, Google Voice, Viber etc for voice calls over your esims data
    If you're on iOS and your main carrier supports Wi-Fi calling, you'll be able to make calls over "Wi-Fi" using the other data line if (you'd need to make sure you either have international roaming disabled on your account if postpaid). Most prepaid carriers that support Wi-Fi calling allow it in most countries.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ecs0013,

I was wondering about WiFi calling with an iphone that has the esim. Thanks for the information!

Eric

Feedback Score
    I know you can call real phone #s for free using GV (US & Canada) and Viber (any # using Viber Out), but can you use WhatsApp to call real phone #s? Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast