Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 60 Day locking policy

Device(s)
    Moto 5G+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks all. I wound up buying an unlocked Moto Z3 Play from Amazon for $229. It won't be much lower on black friday and one less thing to worry about.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i told t-mo i was leaving the country for 6 months due to a family situation and they unlocked my phone for me. after spending hours on the phone playing russian roulette and getting some csr torcher

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If people would stop scamming Verizon they wouldn't have to have this policy. The fact is if you're getting a phone why would you leave within 60 days unless it's to get a free phone then bail to another carrier. Maybe they should get rid of the policy and just increase prices of the phones by $25. No wait I prefer this policy because I'm not a scammer an I shouldn't have to pay for scammers
    Some of us travel for work and need dual SIM. I bought an 11 Pro Max from Verizon (I had $300 in "device dollars" due to what we pay each month), and it's just sitting in a box until it unlocks. I've already paid it off too with essentially cash, and my account has been around for 12yrs, so it's not like i'm going anywhere.

This policy I understand for new accounts, and this is frustrating but I shall live until Dec 18th, then i'll sell my Xs Max.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Some of us travel for work and need dual SIM. I bought an 11 Pro Max from Verizon (I had $300 in "device dollars" due to what we pay each month), and it's just sitting in a box until it unlocks. I've already paid it off too with essentially cash, and my account has been around for 12yrs, so it's not like i'm going anywhere.

This policy I understand for new accounts, and this is frustrating but I shall live until Dec 18th, then i'll sell my Xs Max.
    ALL carriers lock their phones down. Verizon is not the bad guy. Even the all mighty T-Mobile does for 40 days. Sprint is 50 days. At&t is 60 days. Keep your old phone around until the 60 days are up if you're going to be traveling.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    This policy I understand for new accounts
    That would be incorrect, it is for all accounts since June or July of this year.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    That would be incorrect, it is for all accounts since June or July of this year.
    Either you or I have misread it. I read it that he can understand doing this for new accounts, but if you a long time customer you are probably going to continue to stay around, so locking it for 60 days just causes potential issues if you need it unlocked. Say for travel.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No the 60 day unlocking policy cannot be over ridden. CS and store reps cannot change that. The policy is what it is as it stands currently. I did work for Verizon for a short time this summer to understand the policy.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My sister bought a Pixel 3 directly from Verizon and 2 weeks after she received it she went to Italy. I told her that there was no way her phone would work in Italy. But it actually did work over there using a non-Verizon SIM. I was really surprised.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Duke View Post
    My sister bought a Pixel 3 directly from Verizon and 2 weeks after she received it she went to Italy. I told her that there was no way her phone would work in Italy. But it actually did work over there using a non-Verizon SIM. I was really surprised.
    When did she buy it? Before or after the new policy kicked in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    ALL carriers lock their phones down. Verizon is not the bad guy. Even the all mighty T-Mobile does for 40 days. Sprint is 50 days. At&t is 60 days. Keep your old phone around until the 60 days are up if you're going to be traveling.
    BUT, Verizon made the agreement they did to get a foothold on LTE. AND now have just decided to do otherwise.. so yes that does sorta make them the "bad guy"

And if you had read my post in it's entirety... you would ascertain the other information that I did just keep my Xs Max until this unlocks

Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Either you or I have misread it. I read it that he can understand doing this for new accounts, but if you a long time customer you are probably going to continue to stay around, so locking it for 60 days just causes potential issues if you need it unlocked. Say for travel.
    You read it correctly, I was stating i'm paying Verizon more than a car payment every month for 12yrs now.. it's not like i'm going anywhere

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You read it correctly, I was stating i'm paying Verizon more than a car payment every month for 12yrs now.. it's not like i'm going anywhere
    You aren't the "bad guy" and doesn't sound like you are trying to scam the system. The problem comes from the folks who try to buy phones at a discount and then turn around and try to sell them for a profit and not paying their bills. These folks are why such policies exist in the first place. It is the "fraudsters" that ruin it for everyone else.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'm over 60 days on my Note 10+ 5G and it did not automatically unlock. Tried both my AT&T and T-Mo SIM but it won't allow me to set the APN and access the networks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    10mm, you should reach out to customer service to find out why. Is the phone on the Device Payment Plan ?? Setting the APN does not require the phone to be unlocked with either At&t or T-Mobile. While CS reps cannot unlock the phone, they may need to file a technical ticket to troubleshoot the issue.

You should confirm that the device has the proper LTE bands to work on At&t/T-mobile networks.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    10mm, you should reach out to customer service to find out why. Is the phone on the Device Payment Plan ?? Setting the APN does not require the phone to be unlocked with either At&t or T-Mobile. While CS reps cannot unlock the phone, they may need to file a technical ticket to troubleshoot the issue.

You should confirm that the device has the proper LTE bands to work on At&t/T-mobile networks.
    The device was purchased directly from Samsung at full price. What's strange is when I insert another carriers SIM, it doesn't give me the normal pop up screen indicating that the device can't be used on another network, or ask for a PIN. Just stays on no service. When I check the APN setting, it doesn't show the other carriers APN and blocks my attempt to create a new one.

Pretty much all the bands are supported but most likely not the CA combos. When you enable service Mode, you can change the CSC to default in the sub menus and after a reboot all LTE bands become enabled.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like even though you bought it from Samsung directly, the phone might be locked to Verizon. Normally the APN settings can be changed through the phone settings. You need to confirm the correct APN settings for At&t or T-mobile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast