Thread: Straight Talk iPhone 6s, wanting to switch to Net10

Feedback Score

Question Straight Talk iPhone 6s, wanting to switch to Net10

I have a locked Straight Talk (VZW) iPhone 6s that’s currently running on Walmart Family Mobile using a BYOP SIM. While it’s working, the coverage on T-Mobile is spotty in my area, and I want to take advantage of Net10’s $20 1GB plan on VZW, but I’m confused about whether I should try and have them (re-)activate the SIM that came with the phone or buy a new VZW BYOP SIM from Net10.

The SIM it came with was previously active on Straight Talk, so I’m not really sure that would throw a wrench in the process.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Original sim will work. Verizon type sims can be re activated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnnyx View Post
    I have a locked Straight Talk (VZW) iPhone 6s that’s currently running on Walmart Family Mobile using a BYOP SIM.
    The SIM it came with was previously active on Straight Talk, so I’m not really sure that would throw a wrench in the process.
    Did you transfer the original ST/VZW service to the BYOP SIM used on WFM? If so, the original ST/VZW SIM should be clear to activate again. Not sure about future unlocking with these transfers though. You might ask a CSR about this.

Feedback Score
    I can confirm that no separate unlock is needed. You don't need a new SIM when bouncing between Tracfone Verizon brands. You can re-use your SIM as long as it has been activated by one of the Tracfone VZW companies.

Feedback Score
    I got a PM from a Net10 rep shortly after posting this confirming that my ST iPhone can indeed be rebranded to Net10 but that I would need a new SIM card to do so. I'm going to err on the side of caution and go ahead and order one even if the original one may also work. Thanks for the responses guys.

Feedback Score
    So, I called Net10 yesterday to rebrand my phone and port my number over, and frankly, it was the easiest time I've ever had dealing with Tracfone's customer service. They knew exactly what I wanted to do right off the bat and did it with no hiccups. I was expecting to have to convince them or bounce around reps for a while. Probably just got lucky, but I'm definitely not complaining.

Also, you guys were correct, I did not need the new SIM. They rebranded and activated via the IMEI and the SIM that came with it remained tied to it.