Feedback Score
    Yep, no 1x or 3g with Visible.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    Like someone mentioned, I also think Verizon is testing out LTE network. Service is through LTE only.

I'm currently on TW and was inside a building today with poor reception and my phone changed to 3G. Are you saying no 3G in poor reception areas?
    Thank you
    Not only that but they are testing out the cloud system. They are making slow improvements so over time it’ll get better and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Ok no 3G, so like I said I was inside a building today with very poor reception, my iPhone 6s goes to 3G. What would happen if a had a visible sim? Zero capability to make/receive calls?

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    A Visible customer in that situation would likely have no cellular service because it's a Verizon LTE based service but calls could still be made using WiFi calling if there was accessible WiFi service or a cellular MiFi device running on a different carrier that does work in that building.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I don't see many comments or you tube reviews commenting on being cut off from cell service in an area where there is poor reception due to the lack of 3g. Is that trade off worth the cheap visible price? It must be to the thousands who signed up or they just did not know the limitations like me. I believe mvno pricing will be very interesting in 2020.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    It's probably a moot point on Verizon 3g since it will largely be shut down by the end of 2020...they want to refarm spectrum for 4g and 5g.
    Agree Visible is not for everyone (lots of alternatives) but am considering it myself because their pricing is now more competitive with the T-Mo/Mint plan that my main cell number is on and native Verizon LTE coverage has closer towers in several areas I am often in and they have unlimited data with some caveats. I could live with the occasional Visible techno-glitch, the lack of 1x, 3g, LTEira roaming, no foreign roaming, and a lower data priority. In no rush to port out to Visible but am keeping an eye on their offerings.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    I don't see many comments or you tube reviews commenting on being cut off from cell service in an area where there is poor reception due to the lack of 3g. Is that trade off worth the cheap visible price? It must be to the thousands who signed up or they just did not know the limitations like me. I believe mvno pricing will be very interesting in 2020.

It all depends how well your area is covered by vzw lte. Living in the northeast, we are blanked by native vzw lte coverage. My phone used to drop to 3g in lower signal areas on other vzw mvnos and I found it extremely annoying. Now on visible it holds the low lte signal.

You just have to know your area and whether lte only is an option right now. I'd suspect for a large percentage of the population it is. But if you need 1x/3g then visible isn't the option for you.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=GadgetKen;17110403]It's probably a moot point on Verizon 3g since it will largely be shut down by the end of 2020...they want to refarm spectrum for 4g and 5g.
    Agree Visible is not for everyone (lots of alternatives) but am considering it myself because their pricing is now more competitive with the T-Mo/Mint plan that my main cell number is on and native Verizon LTE coverage has closer towers in several areas I am often in and they have unlimited data with some caveats. I could live with the occasional Visible techno-glitch, the lack of 1x, 3g, LTEira roaming, no foreign roaming, and a lower data priority. In no rush to port out to Visible but am keeping an eye on their offerings.

Same with me no rush to port out over to Visible. I'm sure other MVNO's will come close to Visible's pricing in 2020.
    Strange how Straight Talk is still charging $45 for UT&T 25gb's, I see this changing to a lower price as well.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=sevillelady;17110414]
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    It's probably a moot point on Verizon 3g since it will largely be shut down by the end of 2020...they want to refarm spectrum for 4g and 5g.

Same with me no rush to port out over to Visible. I'm sure other MVNO's will come close to Visible's pricing in 2020.
    Strange how Straight Talk is still charging $45 for UT&T 25gb's, I see this changing to a lower price as well.
    Straight talk isn't a carrier owned subsidiary and instead have to pay Verizon to use the network. This is why the main carriers you see offering cheaper fully unlimited plans are carrier owned entities. Boost, metro, cricket, visible. Every other mvno with an unlimited offering has a hard cap that once hit, throttles you to 2g speeds, this is due to there being a point where that mvno is paying more to the carrier for you as a customer, than you are paying the mvno for service. I doubt you see any change in straight talks offering, unless they can get a new, cheaper mvno deal with Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Net-10 became somewhat competitive with their Ebay plan which I just purchased for vz service. UT&T 5gb a month $240 per yr or about $22.50 total per month. My service has volte activated & visual vm. Red Pocket may be a little cheaper but I prefer Tracfone companies for more reliable service at this time.

Feedback Score
    I have very spotty service with Visible to the point that I have to carry a t-mobile hotspot around to use data about 50% of the time. I will be paying for my 2nd month with Visible in a few days and will receive a $100 virtual MC. So I will have invested $50 and will make a $50 profit plus a free tablet si I can't complain too much.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9