Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: T-Mobile open up Wireless home Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Well fun fact The tower near me has every single cellular carrier on there. So for me there might be some redundancy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think it is long past clear that the yella carrier surely is redundant.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I think it is long past clear that the yella carrier surely is redundant.
    So for me T-Mobile just has to densify their Network enough in order to be able to deploy ineffective 5G Network. The cell site density in my town sucks.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So I've signed up...

The gateway is a little larger than I was expecting. Maybe about 6 x 7 inches by 3 inches high.

I've connected my wireless router to one of the gateway's Ethernet ports and disabled the Gateway's own WiFi. I did move the gateway (and the router, etc) to an upstairs room next to my desktop PC for better cellular signal.
    The best signal strength I've seen is 4 of 5 bars but usually it's three bars. I've seen 50 Mbps but only in the middle of the night. Typically I'm getting 10-20 Mbps, but the thing is, that seems to be enough for me. I can stream on my TV and surf without any issues, and occasionally stream on the TV and the laptop at the same time. I'm the only one in the household, so I don't have to worry about multiple people streaming simultaneously. Between VOIP, cellphone, thermostat, some doorbell cameras and a few TiVos and other stuff I have over 30 devices on my network and nothing is suffering.

Upstream bandwidth is regularly 15-20 Mbps, which frankly blows Comcast's upstream speed out of the water (on Comcast I can get 125 down but it's still throttled to 6 up).

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
    So I've signed up...

The gateway is a little larger than I was expecting. Maybe about 6 x 7 inches by 3 inches high.

I've connected my wireless router to one of the gateway's Ethernet ports and disabled the Gateway's own WiFi. I did move the gateway (and the router, etc) to an upstairs room next to my desktop PC for better cellular signal.
    The best signal strength I've seen is 4 of 5 bars but usually it's three bars. I've seen 50 Mbps but only in the middle of the night. Typically I'm getting 10-20 Mbps, but the thing is, that seems to be enough for me. I can stream on my TV and surf without any issues, and occasionally stream on the TV and the laptop at the same time. I'm the only one in the household, so I don't have to worry about multiple people streaming simultaneously. Between VOIP, cellphone, thermostat, some doorbell cameras and a few TiVos and other stuff I have over 30 devices on my network and nothing is suffering.

Upstream bandwidth is regularly 15-20 Mbps, which frankly blows Comcast's upstream speed out of the water (on Comcast I can get 125 down but it's still throttled to 6 up).
    I signed up but they haven't launched a pilot program in my market yet. but then again with Comcast I get 50 megabits for an upload and 940 down on Ethernet and 530 on Wi-Fi.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
    So I've signed up...

When I did use this... I was hitting 120-150Mbps down and 30-50Mbps up at my house. When I 'took it on the road', was 260Mbps down, 57Mbps up. Spectrum offers 1Gbps down service here , but I don't need to pay extra when I don't really see much benefit. I'm on their base 220Mbps/22Mbps plan.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    When I did use this... I was hitting 120-150Mbps down and 30-50Mbps up at my house. When I 'took it on the road', was 260Mbps down, 57Mbps up. Spectrum offers 1Gbps down service here , but I don't need to pay extra when I don't really see much benefit. I'm on their base 220Mbps/22Mbps plan.
    Charter's base plan is 200/10

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You're right... Looks like they only bumped my download from 110 to 220. Upload didn't increase. Spectrum over provisions. Typically hit closer to 230 on download and 12 on upload.
    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    You're right... Looks like they only bumped my download from 110 to 220. Upload didn't increase. Spectrum over provisions. Typically hit closer to 230 on download and 12 on upload.
    Yeah they usually over provision by 15%-20%

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7