Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile open up Wireless home Internet

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile open up Wireless home Internet

Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    As I said it's pretty bad including rush hour. Here's a good example.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Hopefully it gets better before too long. For me data wise att seems fastest overall

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Hopefully it gets better before too long
    I hope so too. I really like T-Mobile and they're compatibility with unlocked phones is unparalleled.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I hope so too. I really like T-Mobile and they're compatibility with unlocked phones is unparalleled.

Yeah a big complaint about att is some features don’t work on other phones. T-Mobile seems more friendly

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah a big complaint about att is some features don’t work on other phones. T-Mobile seems more friendly
    Yes I agree with that. That's why I stick with T-Mobile. T-Mobile is awesome. and I'm glad they don't lock it down like the other three carriers

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes I agree with that. That's why I stick with T-Mobile. T-Mobile is awesome. and I'm glad they don't lock it down like the other three carriers

Hopefully T-Mobile does well with all the sprint stuff. It’s been a long ride since they announced it back in 2018

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully T-Mobile does well with all the sprint stuff. It’s been a long ride since they announced it back in 2018
    It has been a long road. Luckily the phone I have a Pixel 3 unlocked from Google supports band 71 and all sprints LTE bands and all the other carriers in this country.

Feedback Score
    The more I think about it the more I’m surprised John would even think about leaving any time soon. I know his job probably feels done but I’m still surprised now that I really think about it

I think he could really disrupt things for a while after the sprint deal
    or--and you have to think like a big big big finance guy here--maybe he's getting out of town before his house of cards falls.

I'm not saying it is a house of cards. But maybe, just maybe, it is. And he doesn't want to be standing underneath when it does.

Think outside the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    or--and you have to think like a big big big finance guy here--maybe he's getting out of town before his house of cards falls.

I'm not saying it is a house of cards. But maybe, just maybe, it is. And he doesn't want to be standing underneath when it does.

Think outside the box.
    I have not heard anything that leads me to think that T-Mo and the T-Mo/Sprint deal is a house of cards. It does appear to me that the business risk is higher than average. If the T-Mo/Sprint deal proceeds, they would take on 40-something $billion of Sprint debt, along with converting 50-something million unprofitable Sprint subscribers to profitable T-Mo subscribers, needing to spend billions to build out to a network competitive with Verizon and AT&T. All of that while meeting the federal and state requirements and promises of expanded coverage, jobs, pricing and supporting Dish as the new fourth carrier.

That strikes me as a tough row to hoe. I'm sure T-Mo has a plan to accomplish all of this, but the plan being a complete success is nowhere near certain.

OTOH, T-Mo continuing on their own without the Sprint deal has significant challenges. I think mostly in the area of needing to acquire spectrum.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I have not heard anything that leads me to think that T-Mo and the T-Mo/Sprint deal is a house of cards. It does appear to me that the business risk is higher than average. If the T-Mo/Sprint deal proceeds, they would take on 40-something $billion of Sprint debt, along with converting 50-something million unprofitable Sprint subscribers to profitable T-Mo subscribers, needing to spend billions to build out to a network competitive with Verizon and AT&T. All of that while meeting the federal and state requirements and promises of expanded coverage, jobs, pricing and supporting Dish as the new fourth carrier.

That strikes me as a tough row to hoe. I'm sure T-Mo has a plan to accomplish all of this, but the plan being a complete success is nowhere near certain.

OTOH, T-Mo continuing on their own without the Sprint deal has significant challenges. I think mostly in the area of needing to acquire spectrum.
    Oh yeah where I live T-Mobile's max amount of spectrum is only 55 megahertz. That includes all their assets bands 2 4 12 66 and 71. So I'm very skeptical that band 71 alone will provide a decent 5G network.

Feedback Score
    Oh yeah where I live T-Mobile's max amount of spectrum is only 55 megahertz. That includes all their assets bands 2 4 12 66 and 71. So I'm very skeptical that band 71 alone will provide a decent 5G network.

5G over lowband will produce 10% improvement at best. 5G over band 71 is just to say "See we have more 5G coverage than anyone else". If they could convince Comcast to sell it's 600 MHz that would help some in certain areas. Of course Comcast will want more than the $1.7 bil they paid for it. Also perhaps do a deal with Dish to share 600 MHz spectrum

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    5G over lowband will produce 10% improvement at best. 5G over band 71 is just to say "See we have more 5G coverage than anyone else". If they could convince Comcast to sell it's 600 MHz that would help some in certain areas. Of course Comcast will want more than the $1.7 bil they paid for it. Also perhaps do a deal with Dish to share 600 MHz spectrum
    I can understand all that. Let me tell you something in my area T-Mobile is nowhere ready for 5G service. Between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. in the afternoon and evening T-Mobile crawls at 5 megabits a second.

Feedback Score
    I can understand all that. Let me tell you something in my area T-Mobile is nowhere ready for 5G service. Between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. in the afternoon and evening T-Mobile crawls at 5 megabits a second
    Well instead of 5.8 Mbps you'd get 6.4 Mbps with 5G! What's going to happen on Dec 6th is the tech press will get these new 5G phones that can access 5G over band 71 and when they test them they aren't going to get the 1 Gbps speeds Verizon gets or the 300 Mbps Sprint gets. It's going to be maybe 50 Mbps and that's only because literally no one else is on the 5G network yet. And people will say they can get faster speed than that over 4G and Legere is going to look very stupid.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well instead of 5.8 Mbps you'd get 6.4 Mbps with 5G! What's going to happen on Dec 6th is the tech press will get these new 5G phones that can access 5G over band 71 and when they test them they aren't going to get the 1 Gbps speeds Verizon gets or the 300 Mbps Sprint gets. It's going to be maybe 50 Mbps and that's only because literally no one else is on the 5G network yet. And people will say they can get faster speed than that over 4G and Legere is going to look very stupid.
    I totally agree it's going to look very stupid. I don't even care about 5G. Every time I hear about it I get annoyed. Heck I don't even have a phone I can access 5G so in reality I don't care about it.

Feedback Score
    I totally agree it's going to look very stupid. I don't even care about 5G. Every time I hear about it I get annoyed. Heck I don't even have a phone I can access 5G so in reality I don't care about it.

5G is fine for bands that aren't being used for anything else. Like mmwave or CBRS or CBAND. Also Sprint's 2.5 GHz because they have so much of it and possibly band 46. But 4G spectrum should be left alone until the vast majority of devices have 5G capability then 4G can be shut down like 3G is being shut down today but that's over a decade away.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    5G is fine for bands that aren't being used for anything else. Like mmwave or CBRS or CBAND. Also Sprint's 2.5 GHz because they have so much of it and possibly band 46. But 4G spectrum should be left alone until the vast majority of devices have 5G capability then 4G can be shut down like 3G is being shut down today but that's over a decade away.
    Yes but that high band spectrum is going to require massive densification efforts which would take decades to complete. and T-Mobile have the big four carriers is the third with the least amount of low band spectrum and cash. It would take years before T-Mobile offers 5G home internet here it's ridiculously slow. To be fair T-Mobile needs to densify significantly here. And even acquire that spectrum because for my county where I live alone they only have 55 megahertz and that's also through most of the state. So they are pathetically under capacity here.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast