Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile open up Wireless home Internet

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Yeah Iím sure there are plenty of spots where they stink and may be a long while before that changes even after acquiring sprint.

I think T-Mobile did a fast build with 600 so far where itís on a tower here and there and the will go back and fill in. Hopefully they will do similar with capacity bands from sprint.

One issue I see is from the maps it looks like quite a bit of sprint and T-Mobile seem to overlap. I was hoping sprint would add more coverage almost from the get go but seems like they have similar (although less) coverage when compared to T-Mobile

Is sprint generally considered an urban and city carrier? I donít have much experience with them mainly prepaid for a little bit
    Oh yeah for quite a long while both of them were considered urban only carriers. In my area the moment you leave the main highway and go a half a mile to a mile away Sprint service fades to almost nothing. T-Mobile is much stronger and actually in a lot of cases more consistent in terms of coverage than the other two.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Oh yeah for quite a long while both of them were considered urban only carriers. In my area the moment you leave the main highway and go a half a mile to a mile away Sprint service fades to almost nothing. T-Mobile is much stronger and actually in a lot of cases more consistent in terms of coverage than the other two.

The more I think about it the more Iím surprised John would even think about leaving any time soon. I know his job probably feels done but Iím still surprised now that I really think about it

I think he could really disrupt things for a while after the sprint deal

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The more I think about it the more Iím surprised John would even think about leaving any time soon. I know his job probably feels done but Iím still surprised now that I really think about it

I think he could really disrupt things for a while after the sprint deal
    Well in my opinion he really could lead the company forward even further. But also I've been with every single carrier going across state lines and in town I can tell you out of the four Nationwide carriers T-Mobile has improved significantly yeah okay I'll acknowledge Sprint has improved to an extent with speed but in my opinion speed is nothing without coverage. Sprint is destined to be reabsorbed into T-Mobile. Sprint doesn't have the resources to continue much longer in my opinion. But I'd like to see what Sprint would do if they had the money they don't have now. I'm curious actually. How is T-Mobile in your area?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Well in my opinion he really could lead the company forward even further. But also I've been with every single carrier going across state lines and in town I can tell you out of the four Nationwide carriers T-Mobile has improved significantly yeah okay I'll acknowledge Sprint has improved to an extent with speed but in my opinion speed is nothing without coverage. Sprint is destined to be reabsorbed into T-Mobile. Sprint doesn't have the resources to continue much longer in my opinion. But I'd like to see what Sprint would do if they had the money they don't have now. I'm curious actually. How is T-Mobile in your area?

Pretty good overall. Iím usually in city areas and it works well. Even in some rural areas coverage is decent. Main issue Iíve had was due to congestion. With all the customer gains it would really get congested in populated areas. Iím usually in va and nc. Some rural areas western part of va and nc it would struggle in the rural areas but has improved. The congestion can be really frustrating at times.

Iíve picked up 600 in central va and eastern nc. Iíve even had it rival Verizon in some rural spots but T-Mobile still needs to build out more rural

Iíve had much better experience with 600 when compared to their 700 band 12 even though 600 seems to have been a fast build so far, plus they are waiting on more to be available from the tv stations so that should improve next year

If T-Mobile adds more rural coverage and takes care of congestion I think they will have a lot of potential

Iíd say congestion is their worst aspect Iíve seen in recent times

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Pretty good overall. Iím usually in city areas and it works well. Even in some rural areas coverage is decent. Main issue Iíve had was due to congestion. With all the customer gains it would really get congested in populated areas. Iím usually in va and nc. Some rural areas western part of va and nc it would struggle in the rural areas but has improved. The congestion can be really frustrating at times.

Iíve picked up 600 in central va and eastern nc. Iíve even had it rival Verizon in some rural spots but T-Mobile still needs to build out more rural

Iíve had much better experience with 600 when compared to their 700 band 12 even though 600 seems to have been a fast build so far, plus they are waiting on more to be available from the tv stations so that should improve next year

If T-Mobile adds more rural coverage and takes care of congestion I think they will have a lot of potential

Iíd say congestion is their worst aspect Iíve seen in recent times
    I can actually attest to your entire statement. I remember just a couple years ago I will go to Delaware I had an iPad mini 3 this was way before 600MHz was even put up for auction and T-Mobile even along the coastal highway in Delaware would have huge spots of edge and no service. So they've improved significantly I will not deny that. But where I live I also agree congestion is a huge issue. I remember around this time last year I tried loading my email and I couldn't I ran a speed test and they slowed me down to 56K.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    And I usually have a backup prepaid on other carriers so that helps make it more bearable when Iím areas they lack in

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    And I usually have a backup prepaid on other carriers so that helps make it more bearable when Iím areas they lack in
    I'm using T-Mobile postpaid and project Fi. So for me it's no issue. Plus I'm using an unlocked Google Pixel 3A.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    And I do have a postpaid AT&t SIM chip if needed so for me it's no huge deal. But I'd like to see them improve significantly.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm using T-Mobile postpaid and project Fi. So for me it's no issue. Plus I'm using an unlocked Google Pixel 3A.

Thatís a nice combo.

Iíve tried to use just one carrier but I always go back to having a backup prepaid, mainly since I like having that backup and would also carry a second one even if my primary was Verizon or att.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thatís a nice combo.

Iíve tried to use just one carrier but I always go back to having a backup prepaid, mainly since I like having that backup and would also carry a second one even if my primary was Verizon or att.
    I try not carrying no more than one phone. I understand that I do have roaming with T-Mobile but still they need to improve a lot in remote areas of the country.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I try not carrying no more than one phone. I understand that I do have roaming with T-Mobile but still they need to improve a lot in remote areas of the country.

I think they will over time. I have a feeling the sprint resources will jump start things, hopefully.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think they will over time. I have a feeling the sprint resources will jump start things, hopefully.
    Hopefully it's the word I'm using. I'm glad they're optimistic and growing as a company. But one thing I don't like to do is get my hopes up. The only thing I'm saying is I will believe it when I see it when it comes to their network build out. and besides I'm not that fortunate when it comes to special capacity here they only have 55 megahertz of total spectrum before the Sprint merger happens. So for me I am looking forward to seeing things hopefully progress forward. Also they need to totally shut off edge and 3G here in order to bolster capacity a little bit. But they're only launching a 5 megahertz slice on LTE of the band 71 spectrum they acquired. they are a joke if they're thinking 5 megahertz of band 71 for 5G will happen here. It'll be so slow it's not funny.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully it's the word I'm using. I'm glad they're optimistic and growing as a company. But one thing I don't like to do is get my hopes up. The only thing I'm saying is I will believe it when I see it when it comes to their network build out. and besides I'm not that fortunate when it comes to special capacity here they only have 55 megahertz of total spectrum before the Sprint merger happens. So for me I am looking forward to seeing things hopefully progress forward. Also they need to totally shut off edge and 3G here in order to bolster capacity a little bit. But they're only launching a 5 megahertz slice on LTE of the band 71 spectrum they acquired. they are a joke if they're thinking 5 megahertz of band 71 for 5G will happen here. It'll be so slow it's not funny.

Yeah thatís not a lot. Thatís prob not very usable in many cases. For me band 12 would show signal but wouldnít do anything.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah thatís not a lot. Thatís prob not very usable in many cases. For me band 12 would show signal but wouldnít do anything.
    Through put on band 71 is also pathetic. So for me I just make my phone stay on bands 2 and 4 and 12 for coverage. But it's still laughably pathetic. every other carrier here has more spectrum than T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As I said it's pretty bad including rush hour. Here's a good example.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast