Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile open up Wireless home Internet

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile open up Wireless home Internet

Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    The network where I live can't even handle a minimum of 50 megabits a second during rush hour. So they have a long long way to go here before it's rolled out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Sprints spectrum should help a lot, thatís one thing I agree with T-Mobile on, the new T-Mobile will have the necessary capacity and allow them to do things they canít do now on a wide scale any time soon

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Sprints spectrum should help a lot, thatís one thing I agree with T-Mobile on, the new T-Mobile will have the necessary capacity and allow them to do things they canít do now on a wide scale any time soon
    but also you're going to have to increase density regardless of how much spectrum you have. Because the air link can get very saturated very quickly. Also around here there's not a whole lot of cell sites so density here is a big problem for all the carriers.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

but also you're going to have to increase density regardless of how much spectrum you have. Because the air link can get very saturated very quickly. Also around here there's not a whole lot of cell sites so density here is a big problem for all the carriers.

It will take time for sure. Years to really get it where they want it

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It will take time for sure. Years to really get it where they want it
    Yeah I understand that. But they really really need to limit where they roll it out. I don't see them rolling it out here for years and I mean at least 10 years.

Feedback Score
    I really, really want to support this. But my particular situation just doesn't make sense for this. I can get 60/60 fiber internet for $45.

If I were in an apartment, I would absolutely support this choice over whatever wire the building management contracted with at a high price. Or if I were in a DSL-only area, looking at slow service (a buddy of mine in a large metro area just got fiber a couple of years ago, after living with slow DSL for many many years).

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I understand that. But they really really need to limit where they roll it out. I don't see them rolling it out here for years and I mean at least 10 years.

Hopefully they can keep it competitively priced. The tv stuff they tried at first seemed really expensive to get it where they wanted it while being competitive also

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hopefully they can keep it competitively priced. The tv stuff they tried at first seemed really expensive to get it where they wanted it while being competitive also
    But I think T-Mobile will take a really really really long time to scale up their entire network to be able to handle home internet and other usage on their network.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    But I think T-Mobile will take a really really really long time to scale up their entire network to be able to handle home internet and other usage on their network.

Probably. Iím def willing to try a new option if the price is reasonable even if itís way down the road

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Probably. Iím def willing to try a new option if the price is reasonable even if itís way down the road
    I can understand that. I mean I have Comcast for my internet on Ethernet I get 940 down and 54 are upload so T-Mobile is going to have to be pretty reliable.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I can understand that. I mean I have Comcast for my internet on Ethernet I get 940 down and 54 are upload so T-Mobile is going to have to be pretty reliable.

And without sprint I think it will take even longer.

If John leaves and sprint doesnít come through I think it could be a long road for T-Mobile for a while

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    If T-Mobile fails to get sprint and lose john also, they will be behind in 5g and will most likely stop gaining customers. Maybe start losing them

Both of those things T-Mobile would be done

If John leaves and sprint doesnít come through I think it could be a long road for T-Mobile for a while

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score

I do not disagree with you. I feel the accusation of Sprint would actually be extremely beneficial for T-Mobile customers like me and you. I don't want to see T-Mobile be strung out to dry in terms of capacity. but the only issue I see with the EBS and BRS band is that it's going to take a lot of densification in order to make it work right. I know T-Mobile can do it and I know they have the money for it but still that's my concern. I'm a former Sprint customer. So I'd like to see all that wonderful spectrum go to use.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I do not disagree with you. I feel the accusation of Sprint would actually be extremely beneficial for T-Mobile customers like me and you. I don't want to see T-Mobile be strung out to dry in terms of capacity. but the only issue I see with the EBS and BRS band is that it's going to take a lot of densification in order to make it work right. I know T-Mobile can do it and I know they have the money for it but still that's my concern. I'm a former Sprint customer. So I'd like to see all that wonderful spectrum go to use.

Yeah Iím hoping the sprint deal works out and the spectrum put to use.

Iíd like to see John stay since he does get peoples attention and has built the company up. I think mike would do a good job but John is what most people seem to want so hopefully he stays.

At this point John could work out a deal to stay that is gravy in nature for him, such as on his terms etc

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah Iím hoping the sprint deal works out and the spectrum put to use.

Iíd like to see John stay since he does get peoples attention and has built the company up. I think mike would do a good job but John is what most people seem to want so hopefully he stays.

At this point John could work out a deal to stay that is gravy in nature for him, such as on his terms etc
    Yes I totally agree with you on that one. but over here where I live in Central New Jersey T-Mobile's sell-side density in my town is absolute garbage. Even for the other three carriers here including AT&t and Verizon their density is horrible.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Yes I totally agree with you on that one. but over here where I live in Central New Jersey T-Mobile's sell-side density in my town is absolute garbage. Even for the other three carriers here including AT&t and Verizon their density is horrible.

Yeah Iím sure there are plenty of spots where they stink and may be a long while before that changes even after acquiring sprint.

I think T-Mobile did a fast build with 600 so far where itís on a tower here and there and the will go back and fill in. Hopefully they will do similar with capacity bands from sprint.

One issue I see is from the maps it looks like quite a bit of sprint and T-Mobile seem to overlap. I was hoping sprint would add more coverage almost from the get go in spots T-Mobile doesnít cover but seems like they have similar (although less) coverage when compared to T-Mobile

Is sprint generally considered an urban and city carrier? I donít have much experience with them mainly prepaid for a little bit

The times I tried to get sprint postpaid they wouldnít let me bring my own phone that a friend was using not even a month before that. Fully paid off but they insisted I buy a new phone from them so I left

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast