Thread: Anyone use Skyroam? (Worldwide Unlimited Hotspot)

Feedback Score

Anyone use Skyroam? (Worldwide Unlimited Hotspot)

https://www.skyroam.com/

I may be undertaking the adventure of a lifetime and be passing through many different countries in the next year. I considered porting my number back over to Google Fi, but then I stumbled upon this service. It's $99 a month and uses AT&T here in the United States. Anyone else have any experience with this service? Seems like a good value if you're a digital nomad. Might even be worth it if you live in an area that only has satellite Internet for ISP options (assuming you still can't do the AT&T ipad hotspot trick).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I researched Skyroam prior to my recent trip to Italy. Bottom line, since I was only travelling for 2 weeks If felt it would be more economical to use my carrier Sprint's pay per use option and minimize my usage for data and phone calls. Text usage charges was very minimal and cheaper.

I had a great trip by not worrying about the details and using WiFi whenever available. If you expect to need constant access through the cellular networks for an extended trip this service might be the best option. Best wishes to you on your trip.

Please share any information that you learn about Skyroam and/or actual usage during your trip for future reference to the members on HOFO.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Have Skyroam on the older 3g/3g+ model using pay per day passes. Have used in Bermuda and Canada successfully. Prefer day pass over monthly or per GB plans since only lightly use when traveling overseas and for the USA have cheaper cellular WiFi options such as Mint, Karma and AT&T.

Note this service operates by using downloaded virtual sims on their device or on certain android esim phones such as one Blu model. Also this is cellular not satellite based so it must be able to access a cellular carrier that Skyroam has an agreement with. This includes many carriers and countries but not all (such as no agreement with Cubacel in Cuba but might work off the Guantanamo Bay US military base T-Mobile towers although have never been there).

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app