Thread: (TELUS)In Regards to those on the 50GB Peace of Mind plan and usage

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score

(TELUS)In Regards to those on the 50GB Peace of Mind plan and usage

THIS IS A TELUS QUESTION! Could not Choose TELUS from the drop down prefix box!

Just wondering.

Those of you wild enough to pay that $115/125 price for 50GB.

How many of you actually hit your 50GB cap a month?

And is the throttling for you any different since you are paying more? ie only throttled during prime time ?

Just curious, for those using that amount if their experience is different than others.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    LOL is no one willing to admit they spend that much, or are there really no people out there paying the top rate?

Enquiring minds want to know! please!

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Throttled, regardless

I'm on the 10GB plan. This is not America, Mexico, Singapore, Australia, Spain, Italy, France, United Kingdom, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Finland, Japan, Vietnam, India, Ireland, Portugal, Greece or China. You get the idea.

This is Canada.

You are throttled down to dialup speeds the instant you exceed the cap, regardless of which plan size, time of day or other network congestion or more appropriately lack thereof.

Have a good day!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I am on the 20GB peace of mind EPP plan. When you hit the cap, throttling is instant and any tethering is instantly terminated. On the upside, I find at 512kbps, data is still quite usable. Web pages load albeit slower, YouTube still works with little buffering up to 360p, music streaming works fine, notifications work and messaging / email are all good. While I’d prefer throttling to 1 or 2 mbps, things are still usable with the current set up. Beats shutting off your data or paying overages.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm on the 10GB No Overages plan. They obviously provisioned my plan incorrectly a i've consistently gone over my limit and have never gotten throddled. I'm averaging over 20GB of data a cycle.
    There are others that posted here that are the same. I think the people who moved over initially the front end staff didn't do it properly. It may change someday but I'm milking it for all I can now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJV View Post
    I'm on the 10GB No Overages plan. They obviously provisioned my plan incorrectly a i've consistently gone over my limit and have never gotten throddled. I'm averaging over 20GB of data a cycle.
    There are others that posted here that are the same. I think the people who moved over initially the front end staff didn't do it properly. It may change someday but I'm milking it for all I can now.
    Yes those were the initial “unlimited “ plans before they launched the Peace of Mind plans. They never properly implemented throttling on these but did so on the PoM plans. Enjoy it! How high did you push the data usage?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Last cycle I hit 27GB used. Someone in another thread when people were noticing they weren't being throddled said he used 50GB not seeing any slowdown.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    That’s great. Wish I had jumped on this plan before they launched PoM. These plans should have been truly unlimited in the first place.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    wow so there was a plan that was unlimited before peace of mind and it was the same tier prices as the current ones except they weren't throttled properly? that's amazing... wish I had known that 10gb plan woulda been amazing value