Thread: Question On Purchasing Unlocked Iphone 11

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question On Purchasing Unlocked Iphone 11

I want to get my wife a new Iphone 11 for her birthday. Currently she's on Verizon and although I doubt that will change I would still prefer the carrier unlocked version just in case. Is there a difference in purchasing the unlocked version from Best Buy or Target instead of Apple? I seem to remember a thread a while back where people were saying they purchased the unlocked version from Best Buy & when they inserted their Verizon SIM the phone was carrier locked to Verizon. It would save me a whole lot of time if I could go to Best Buy to purchase it instead of the closest Apple store but before I do that I want to make sure it would be unlocked either way & there won't be any issues. Of course I waited until the last minute to think of a gift to her so no I'm really limited for time to get it.

Feedback Score
    see this thread post #2 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-that-was-BYOP i think if you activate on Verizon first it'll be unlocked (post#6)

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    see this thread post #2 - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-that-was-BYOP i think if you activate on Verizon first it'll be unlocked (post#6)
    Thank you. It ended up being a non issue because I went to Best Buy tonight & they didn't have the 128GB in stock. So I'll have to leave work early tomorrow & go to the Apple store. Guess that's what I get for waiting until the last minute.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple iPhone Xs Max, Apple iPhone X, Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    Thank you. It ended up being a non issue because I went to Best Buy tonight & they didn't have the 128GB in stock. So I'll have to leave work early tomorrow & go to the Apple store. Guess that's what I get for waiting until the last minute.
    You need to purchase a SIM FREE / UNLOCKED version from Apple Store then put in your VZW sim. Then the phone will be unlocked from day 1. If you choose one with Verizon sim it will be locked for 60 days to Verizon.