Thread: Moto E5 Play can get to fastboot screen, but won't go into recovery mode?!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Moto E5 Play can get to fastboot screen, but won't go into recovery mode?!

I can get to the screen and menu, but when I get to recovery mode and hit the power button, nothing. The only thing I can do is hold it down and power back off. It also locks in so I can't scroll any more and have to power off if I do hit power.

Is there any kind of external utility that can push it into recovery mode? Really stuck here, last ditch effort before it goes bal=ck on warranty.

Device(s)
    Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am a little late to the party, and hopefully you have already got this beat, but just in case, have you tried to boot into recovery mode from adb?

Enable Developer Settings, enable USB debugging, connect the phone to a PC and in a command window, enter:

adb reboot recovery

Ideally tha will do it...

Sent from UNKNOWN because it runs xPrivacyLUA
    Sent from UNKNOWN because it runs xPrivacyLUA