Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile to cover 200M with 5G NR by end of year 2019

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Congrats T-Mobile on being the first to have a nationwide NR offering, giving your prepaid arm full access and not charging extra for it.

Iím looking forward to hearing an update on your MM high speed NR and of course integrating all that nationwide midband waiting in the wings because thatís where your service will really shine.

Iíd also like to learn more about New Radio VoiceOver options in the future. Iím sure you guys will be leaders in this space too as you were with VoLTE.
    ďThe Internet wasnít meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so itís insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead ó itís a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.Ē John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I’m sure you guys will be leaders in this space too as you were with VoLTE.
    Verizon was first with nationwide VoLTE but Ok whatever.

Nationwide means 200 million out of 330 million.

First doesn't mean diddly. Didn't T-Mobile chide Verizon last year when they were the 1st with a 5G home internet service? This is just for the court case because they think this will help. If the merger was already finalized T-Mobile wouldn't even be making this launch now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Verizon was first with nationwide VoLTE but Ok
    Well letís give Verizon a round of applause, shall we? ;-)

https://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-re...r-lte-service/

AT&T and T-Mobile have already announced their own VoLTE services. AT&T's service is available in a few select markets. T-Mobile offers its service nationwide. Verizon also plans a nationwide launch.

Feedback Score
    Well let’s give Verizon a round of applause, shall we? ;-)

https://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-re...r-lte-service/

AT&T and T-Mobile have already announced their own VoLTE services. AT&T's service is available in a few select markets. T-Mobile offers its service nationwide. Verizon also plans a nationwide launch.
    Verizon Nationwide vs T-Mobile's nationwide coverage in 2014 are quite different. enough fanboy stuff. Just be a normal person.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  65.0 KB

Just ordered one to prove how much of a joke this hype is. I figure at best Iíll see a 20-30Mbps increase in speeds, at best.....

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post

Just ordered one to prove how much of a joke this hype is. I figure at best I’ll see a 20-30Mbps increase in speeds, at best.....

So how did you get that 5G phone for $149? Granted don’t expect lightning fast speeds at this point but at least T-Mobile’s 5G works inside your home or car. AT&T and Verizon 5G is a joke since you have to stop your car and get out on the sidewalk if you are less than 300 feet from their transmitter providing there isn’t any trees, rain, snow or other obstacles including building to block their weak signal. Oh I forgot with AT&T and Verizon 5G you also have to have the highest priced levels of service since they don’t allow regular customers to access their 5G which provides only limited short distance service in mainly the downtown areas that limited less than 20 cities in the whole country.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    I have posted previously that it will be 2021 before this is real for most cell phone users. As the details of what big Magenta and the other cellular providers are doing comes out, I donít see anything that changes that.
    Agreed. Amusing article about this at ArsTechnica, "T-Mobile touts ďnationwide 5GĒ that fails to cover 130 million Americans." T-Mobile's "nationwide 5G" isn't nationwide and is just barely faster than 4G.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...ion-americans/

Feedback Score

Just ordered one to prove how much of a joke this hype is. I figure at best Iíll see a 20-30Mbps increase in speeds, at best.....

I've seen some internal tests from the company and well....um....I guess it depends what your base speeds are now whether or not you will see that increase. Enjoy the device though, the color schemes on their McLaren Edition devices are nice. Had the 6t McLaren Edition and it definitely is a beautiful phone, no doubt.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon was first with nationwide VoLTE but Ok whatever.

First doesn't mean diddly. Didn't T-Mobile chide Verizon last year when they were the 1st with a 5G home internet service? This is just for the court case because they think this will help. If the merger was already finalized T-Mobile wouldn't even be making this launch now.
    It especially doesn't mean diddly when they were not first, do not have a nationwide 5G network, and when the 5G they do have is only marginally faster than 4G. But I guess Legere gets to go out and make silly proclamations and that's what's the most important thing when you can't actually compete for real on coverage or speed.
    Last edited by CanadianAngela; 12-05-2019 at 12:49 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So how did you get that 5G phone for $149? Granted donít expect lightning fast speeds at this point but at least T-Mobileís 5G works inside your home or car. AT&T and Verizon 5G is a joke since you have to stop your car and get out on the sidewalk if you are less than 300 feet from their transmitter providing there isnít any trees, rain, snow or other obstacles including building to block their weak signal. Oh I forgot with AT&T and Verizon 5G you also have to have the highest priced levels of service since they donít allow regular customers to access their 5G which provides only limited short distance service in mainly the downtown areas that limited less than 20 cities in the whole country.
    Janice Kapner??? That you???....I guess most won't get that....but if it is you, shoot me a pm lol

Feedback Score

Right, according to the National Advertising Division as stated in this article:

"'nationwide' for wireless networks is defined by the National Advertising Division as covering 200 million people." We were able to confirm this in a November 2014 National Advertising Division (NAD) statement that "In general, a wireless network can claim to be nationwide or coast to coast if the provider offers service in diverse regions of the country and the network covers at least 200 million people."

https://arstechnica.com/information-...ion-americans/

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So how did you get that 5G phone for $149? Granted donít expect lightning fast speeds at this point but at least T-Mobileís 5G works inside your home or car. AT&T and Verizon 5G is a joke since you have to stop your car and get out on the sidewalk if you are less than 300 feet from their transmitter providing there isnít any trees, rain, snow or other obstacles including building to block their weak signal. Oh I forgot with AT&T and Verizon 5G you also have to have the highest priced levels of service since they donít allow regular customers to access their 5G which provides only limited short distance service in mainly the downtown areas that limited less than 20 cities in the whole country.
    Oh LOL itís not $149 total. I did Jump On Demand and that was the down payment. I did JOD in case itís unreliable so I can trade it in if need be or get one that supports mid-band and MMW next year.

T-Mobiles spokesperson said to expect about 20% faster speeds, so I just hope for more consistent speeds than I get now.

AT&T is launching low band 5G in February so itíll be interesting to see how theirs performs in contrast to T-Mobile.

Does anyone know how to find out how much spectrum T-Mobile is using for 5G in a particular area?

I hope they have an option to disable 5G to save battery unless 5G is supposed to be more battery efficient?

Feedback Score
    Oh LOL it’s not $149 total. I did Jump On Demand and that was the down payment. I did JOD in case it’s unreliable so I can trade it in if need be or get one that supports mid-band and MMW next year.

T-Mobiles spokesperson said to expect about 20% faster speeds, so I just hope for more consistent speeds than I get now.

AT&T is launching low band 5G in February so it’ll be interesting to see how theirs performs in contrast to T-Mobile.

Does anyone know how to find out how much spectrum T-Mobile is using for 5G in a particular area?

I hope they have an option to disable 5G to save battery unless 5G is supposed to be more battery efficient?
    A) February I heard att was launching this month.

B) What's the point of getting a $1300 5G phone if you're going to turn off 5G?

C) At most its going to be 10 MHz as little as 5 MHZ in areas where they only have 10X10 MHZ to start with. My area only has 15X15 so that mean a measly 5 MHZ for 4G which means no incentive to switch to T-Mobile. If they had kept it at 15X5 MHz for 4G I would have considered switching.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Verizon Nationwide vs T-Mobile's nationwide coverage in 2014 are quite different. enough fanboy stuff. Just be a normal person.
    This is a mobile enthusiast site Jack.

Weíre glad youíre here.

Feedback Score
    This is a mobile enthusiast site Jack.

We’re glad you’re here.
    One can be enthusiast and still be within reality.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast