Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cheapest ways to get more days? CDMA even worth it anymore?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Going back to at least the mid-2000s (when I got into the game - that would be around 2005 and forward), practically the ONLY MVNO prepaid by-the-minute type service that stacked service days was TracFone (and Net10, when it originated)). Every other company treated refill applications on an "apply-it-now, takes-effect-now" basis (as far as I know, maybe with some exceptions). The TracFone method was always a more convenient and useful one, but all of the companies had their particular draw that various customers liked.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    What's the best Verizon LTE Flip phone out there? Are there any that can do all 4 carriers?

If the OP converts to an LTE phone, will his balance multiply like it did for us on the past? Or did they close up that malfunction?

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    What's the best Verizon LTE Flip phone out there? Are there any that can do all 4 carriers?

If the OP converts to an LTE phone, will his balance multiply like it did for us on the past? Or did they close up that malfunction?
    pickings are slim for flip phones these days. Right now the MyFlip seems to be the popular choice for Verizon. And from what I gather reading these forums, most people seemed satisfied with theirs.

There's a new version of the my flip on the market,called the SmartFlip but at this time it doesn't have a Verizon version. It comes with a few more bells and whistles, but if all you're going to do is talk on the thing I don't see it's really necessary. However I did read one review, that said the battery life and voice quality are a little better than my flip so that does pique my interest.

If you don't need a new flip phone right now, I would wait and see how the Smartflip plays out. I purchased some My flips in anticipation of the changeover, but if the battery life or voice quality becomes an issue, I'll eat the cost paid for MyFlips and buy a couple of SmartFlips next year if Verizon version comes out. Otherwise I don't really need my flip phone to be a smartphone, that's what my smartphone is for. I just want is to talk on the thing. I currently use a Gusto 3 phone as my backup flip. If the Myflip can duplicate what I'm getting out of that that's good enough for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app
    Right now for the best price I'd say the MyFlip. Good on all TF (Vzw, Att, and I think TM). Here's a good review/summary posted in the Tracfone forum under a ATT Flip Thread. https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B07GBRB55Z

I think, now with another year to go till Vzw/VoLTE, you'll be seeing allot more reasonably priced options and smart flips. Even a decent android flip with a small touch screen.

Feedback Score
    Welp, I definitely wasted money.

I've always added my pins manually, and MegaSaver has no option that I can see to just email me the pins instead of auto-adding them. ****

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Even a decent android flip with a small touch screen.
    The one I saw of this nature didn't have a front screen.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You didn't exactly waste your money. At the end of the 120 day hitch, when it's time to refill (good to do the day before the listed date), your unused balance will be carried forward. So don't change your usage pattern.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ballo View Post
    Welp, I definitely wasted money.

I've always added my pins manually, and MegaSaver has no option that I can see to just email me the pins instead of auto-adding them. ****
    You didn't waste your money per se. The extra $10 still adds to your balance. You'll just have to refill sooner than you thought. But I feel your pain. I much prefer Tracfones method of stacking pins consecutively instead of concurrently. But PagePlus has the cheapest plan, $10 every four months. Can't beat that. So I stay.

Feedback Score
    Do you mean the ZTE Cymbal? It has a touchscreen, but I hear it's hard to use for typing. An awkward phone that is very large unfolded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Do you mean the ZTE Cymbal? It has a touchscreen, but I hear it's hard to use for typing. An awkward phone that is very large unfolded.
    No, a front screen. Flip phones have a front screen so you don't have to open them 90% of the time

Feedback Score
    Maybe this is what you're referring to, the LG Exalt ....
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/basi.../lg-exalt-lte/

VZW sold this phone for the longest time, but looks like it's not available on their site anymore.
    (The link is outdated, included just for reference).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankelstein View Post
    Maybe this is what you're referring to, the LG Exalt ....
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/basi.../lg-exalt-lte/

VZW sold this phone for the longest time, but looks like it's not available on their site anymore.
    (The link is outdated, included just for reference).
    interesting they aren't selling it anymore. I wonder if demand was low due to its ridiculous price. $140+ for a flip phone was outrageous. Especially for a flip that didn't have an exterior screen. I don't want to have to open up my phone to see who's calling. Horrible design.

$20 is about all I want to spend on a flip. I haven't activated my MyFlip yet so I can't speak to its voice quality but from what I've seen tinkering around setting it up, I am pleased enough with it.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    How big is the OP balance? If it's in the hundreds or thousands, it might be a good idea to sell the number.

Or he could convert it to an LTE/Smartphone and use it up.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2