Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What LTE bands do I need

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Oopsz View Post
    At a bare minimum, you want Band 12 or 17, 2, 4, and 5. These are the "classic" AT&T LTE bands that underlie their LTE network. (People are telling you 12 or 17 because 17 is actually included inside Band 12, and on AT&T either will work. If you were on T-mobile Band 17 wouldn't be good enough, because T-mobile's Band 12 network doesn't support Band 17.)

Ideally you would also have (in order of preference), 14, 66, 29, and 30. These are newer frequencies that AT&T has been deploying over the last couple of years, which increase coverage (especially Band 14) and speed (the others). But many phones do not support them.
    This. The Motorola phone the OP is looking at is NOT a US model. Period. Phones with 2/4/5/12 are OK on AT&T, but they will really struggle in markets like NYC where they don't have a lot of 2/4/5/12. B29/30 came first, then 66, then 14, so 14 is the least prevalent, even though for coverage, it is the most important of the non-core bands.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    The only thing missing is the OP. Where did he or she go????????? Would be nice to get a little feedback.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    The only thing missing is the OP. Where did he or she go????????? Would be nice to get a little feedback.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    I have been here all along. Thanks to all who have tried to educate me. Have not made any decision or bought anything yet.

Sent from my RCT6213W22 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojniles View Post
    I have been here all along. Thanks to all who have tried to educate me. Have not made any decision or bought anything yet.

Sent from my RCT6213W22 using Tapatalk
    Moto G7 Power has all the bands for AT&T and all the other US carriers if you ever switch. You can buy it factory unlocked from Motorola for $199.99 it says $249.99 but they subtract $50 once in the cart.

https://www.motorola.com/us/products...ower-gen-7#buy

Networks + Bands

Carrier Aggregation

4G LTE (DL Cat 7/ UL Cat 6),

CDMA / EVDO Rev A

UMTS / HSPA+, GSM / EDGE 2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8

CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10,

3G: WCDMA band 1/2/4/5/8,

4G: FDD LTE band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/14/17/20/25/26/29/30/66/71

TDD LTE band 38/39/40/41/41 HPUE

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Moto G7 Power has all the bands for AT&T and all the other US carriers if you ever switch. You can buy it factory unlocked from Motorola for $199.99 it says $249.99 but they subtract $50 once in the cart.

https://www.motorola.com/us/products...ower-gen-7#buy
    How good is the battery life?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    How good is the battery life?

https://www.gsmarena.com/battery-tes...hone=9527#show

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    No VoLTE/VoWiFi though. It should get VoLTE by the end of the year, as they are claiming they will allow all unbranded devices to get VoLTE. Still a great phone/series for the value, with incredible battery life on the Power.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Motorola's LTE banding is whacky. The G7 itself doesn't have B71, the other two models do, some have B14, some don't, it's sort of all over the place. It seems that they put the bare minimum banding in for where they sell them (like the G7 Power probably being sold on Cricket?), but they missed B71 on the G7, since it is sold for Google Fi.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure Edition
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Motorola's LTE banding is whacky. The G7 itself doesn't have B71, the other two models do, some have B14, some don't, it's sort of all over the place. It seems that they put the bare minimum banding in for where they sell them (like the G7 Power probably being sold on Cricket?), but they missed B71 on the G7, since it is sold for Google Fi.
    G7 Power does have Band 71 which can be used on T-Mobile's upcoming 600 Mhz. band.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werinshades View Post
    G7 Power does have Band 71 which can be used on T-Mobile's upcoming 600 Mhz. band.
    Correct. My point is that the G7 does not, and that's a shame because it's a Google Fi phone. The cheapest Google Fi phone that supports B71 is the Pixel 3a. B71 is not "upcoming", it's been online for over a year in some markets.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Correct. My point is that the G7 does not, and that's a shame because it's a Google Fi phone. The cheapest Google Fi phone that supports B71 is the Pixel 3a. B71 is not "upcoming", it's been online for over a year in some markets.
    Well where I live band 71 has been deployed but only in a 5 megahertz chunk...

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Well where I live band 71 has been deployed but only in a 5 megahertz chunk..
    Yeah, it will roll out over time. Right now 5mhz isn't bad since the majority of phones don't have B71, but over time as the repack happens, and as they deploy to more sites and with more backhaul, they'll get it fully turned up.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, it will roll out over time. Right now 5mhz isn't bad since the majority of phones don't have B71, but over time as the repack happens, and as they deploy to more sites and with more backhaul, they'll get it fully turned up.
    Well I live in the market where band 71 is widely deployed so I expect it to be totally congested in the very near future

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Well I live in the market where band 71 is widely deployed so I expect it to be totally congested in the very near future
    If they have more spectrum on B71, they should add that over time. I guess we'll see. My point is that the regular G7 doesn't have B71, and it should, since Google Fi uses it through T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If they have more spectrum on B71, they should add that over time. I guess we'll see. My point is that the regular G7 doesn't have B71, and it should, since Google Fi uses it through T-Mobile.
    So then maybe Motorola disabled it through a software update?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast