Feedback Score

What happens when your iPhone is stolen or lost and is also used for MFA?

What can you do if your phone is stolen and you need to login to iCloud to check Find My iPhone and maybe lock it or remote wipe it, but you are being prompted for a security code?

What about authentication apps from Google and Microsoft etc that you lose when your phone disappears?

Feedback Score
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202649

U should keep at least one other device where u can receive Apple security codes. I have 2 iPhone 4s that I still keep (1 for just calls txts on FreeUP, and the other for just receiving txts on TruPhone). I also still keep an older iPad but it’s of no use really bc I don’t keep it charged.

Phone
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202649

U should keep at least one other device where u can receive Apple security codes. I have 2 iPhone 4s that I still keep (1 for just calls txts on FreeUP, and the other for just receiving txts on TruPhone). I also still keep an older iPad but it’s of no use really bc I don’t keep it charged.
    The new Find My app has a help my friend link which lets you put in credentials without Two-Factor Authentication.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by web1b View Post
    What can you do if your phone is stolen and you need to login to iCloud to check Find My iPhone and maybe lock it or remote wipe it, but you are being prompted for a security code?

What about authentication apps from Google and Microsoft etc that you lose when your phone disappears?
    Specifically regarding Google Authenticator, when you restore your phone the codes are lost. Look for something that you can backup the secrets to iCloud or locally, e.g. OTP Auth on IOS - there is a similar app on Android as well. This way you can recover all auth* based secrts without having to setup everything from scratch again.