Thread: Need Help Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown

Feedback Score

Exclamation Need Help Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown

Hi,
    I just got this phone from HSN and charged it up so I can test it out before I activate it. I took the Sim card out of my LG Fiesta 2 to try out the phone signal and call quality. This work fine. Then I replaced the Sim cards back to each of the phones. Now my problem when I turned on my LG and turned on the Samsung they both show phone signals! I tried to make a call with my LG and it said for emergency only!!! Then I tried to make a call with the Samsung and it was going through!! Now I thought how did I mix up these sim cards! So I took them both out again and separated them like I did before and got out the magnify glass to read the sim numbers on each and matched the Samsung one up with the activation card and they were in correctly! So how can this happen? Now what do I do? I have not activated this new phone and I do not want to loose all my buckets if some how it has become activated just by switching sim cards!!!
    I just turned my LG Fiesta 2 back on and clicked on system, about phone, status and where my phone number is it shows unknown! When I had the New Samsung on I went to system, google services so I could sink my contacts I clicked on the LG that was listed. And all my contacts transferred over for my phone. Could that have also somehow switched my phones sims? I do not understand any of this so I am not really sure if this is making any sense to anyone. I just know that I do not have phone service on my activated LG! I have reset the Samsung back to factory settings hoping that would help. But I still do not have phone number or service on my LG. I hope someone can help me.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if the Samsung got activated when TF/the carrier system saw its IMEI "in use". The SIM and IMEI of a TF-branded phone are paired in TF system. Switching the SIM into another TF-branded phone could cause some weird things.

Do you have both phones in your TF account? If yes, log and check their status to see which one is shown as ACTIVE.

Feedback Score
    I got my LG Fiesta 2 phone back working!! I feel like a dummy! I was having trouble with both of these sim cards being so small that they kept falling out of the tray before I could get them in. I did have the right sim cards for the right phones but I had the LG sim card in wrong. Instead of the notch at the top it was at the bottom or something like that so it was not recognized! This is the 1st time I have had any trouble with my TracFone's and I have had many. So glad I was able to help myself!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shay3 View Post
    I did have the right sim cards for the right phones but I had the LG sim card in wrong.
    If you had the right SIMs in the right phones, then how did a call that you made on the Samsung was going to go through? Did you complete the call?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I got my LG Fiesta 2 phone back working!! I feel like a dummy! I was having trouble with both of these sim cards being so small that they kept falling out of the tray before I could get them in. I did have the right sim cards for the right phones but I had the LG sim card in wrong. Instead of the notch at the top it was at the bottom or something like that so it was not recognized! This is the 1st time I have had any trouble with my TracFone's and I have had many. So glad I was able to help myself!
    Did you figure out why/how Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown has active service?

Feedback Score
    I called my home number it did not ring here at home but the phone was showing it ringing?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I called my home number it did not ring here at home but the phone was showing it ringing?
    It's possible that the phone was ringing a few times before a message from Verizon would kick in saying the phone has no service (not activated yet) and to pay for your call with a credit card.