Thread: FCC Approves T-Mobile-Sprint Merger

Device(s)
    iphone 6s plus
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,T-mobile,Cricket,Fi
    Feedback Score

FCC Approves T-Mobile-Sprint Merger

Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    If you really want to raise your misery level with isp’s, then give Frontier a try if their in your area.
    Oh man. Don’t get me started about Frontier. The day I cancelled my Frontier services is a day I will always fondly remember. Micro outages of a few minutes were almost daily occurrences.

I have actually been reasonably happy with Comcast Business. Two outages in the last 5 years. One was fixed in 4 hours. The other in two hours. I don’t bother with TV, just internet.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Oh man. Don’t get me started about Frontier. The day I cancelled my Frontier services is a day I will always fondly remember. Micro outages of a few minutes were almost daily occurrences.

I have actually been reasonably happy with Comcast Business. Two outages in the last 5 years. One was fixed in 4 hours. The other in two hours. I don’t bother with TV, just internet.
    Did Frontier try to assess a broadband disconnection fee when you left? There all about fees on top of their base price.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm no longer a T-Mobile customer. Got too expensive compared to the deal I got with att.

One thing we can be sure of, if this deal goes through T-Mobile will surely raise prices after the 3 years.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I'm no longer a T-Mobile customer. Got too expensive compared to the deal I got with att.

One thing we can be sure of, if this deal goes through T-Mobile will surely raise prices after the 3 years.
    There is no reason for T-Mobile to charge less than the market price once they have coverage that rivals that of AT&T and Verizon. In fact, if they reach that level they could put price pressure on AT&T and Verizon. Where I work, T-Mobile has been pitching their service to our IT director but he said that even though we'd save about $50,000 per year it's not a viable option until T-Mobile coverage matches that of Verizon who we currently use. I have a company issued iPhone on Verizon and my personal iPhone on T-Mobile. The difference in coverage is substantial. But my own T-Mobile family plan is less than what I could get on a Verizon family plan, coverage is sufficient, and the international roaming is a big attraction.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    ...... it's not a viable option until T-Mobile coverage matches that of Verizon who we currently use. ......
    And this is the reason why T-Mobile must continue to expand their rural coverage. They won't get corporate customers without it.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    And this is the reason why T-Mobile must continue to expand their rural coverage. They won't get corporate customers without it.
    I agree with that. I have corporate line on AT&T (work has +10,000 cell lines), and only offers service on AT&T, Verizon and ... Sprint. I don't think that T-Mobile has the setup for 'large' businesses the way that AT&T/VZW and Sprint did.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    The existing broadband providers that have already run fiber to the home will be able to compete on price and undercut the wireless carriers. 5G is more for IOT because of the extremely low latency. It won't replace broadband to the home unless the carriers are very aggressive with price.
    Well, Mediacom and Centurylink here run a duopoly. Nobody has run fiber to the home. ImON is planning to . HURRY UP!!! Mediacom cable, few here have the seething hate for them that Comcast has earned, but they are expensive; if you don't want a forced TV/Internet bundle they are very expensive. Centurylink DSL maxes at 40mbps VDSL2 (IF you are on a remote DSLAM... puzzlingly, their phone switch downtown continues to run late 1990s vintage DSL hardware that tops at 8mbps ), they charge nearly the same as Mediacom for a fraction the speed, and rely on getting customers entirely via people who are pissed at Mediacom, or who don't want a TV bundle.

They actually have high enough price for speed that I almost got SATELLITE INTERNET -- if it had had a typical amount of taxes and fees, not $40 worth... , it would have actually cost less than CL and Mediacom here.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Not sure that they are all that interested in spending the money necessary to expand rural coverage just to compete in the corporate and government sectors. Let's say they did expand their coverage, that's no guarantee that they'll actually win any of that business because AT&T and Verizon would suddenly come up with a way to reduce costs. IT departments (or whatever department manages corporate cell phone contracts) are extremely conservative because they don't want a lot of angry employees.

It may be more profitable for T-Mobile to continue to sell service at a slightly lower price and not make the capital expenditures necessary to compete against AT&T and Verizon for customers for whom coverage is an important consideration. T-Mobile has done a great job in offering things that enhance their value proposition to end users, like free Netflix and T-Mobile Tuesdays. However corporate customers are not really going to care about these things.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post

LOL . Say something interesting next time you try to attack T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T- Mobile never had the spectrum for rural before 600 MHz that is still deploying. The tiny 5x5 MHz of Band 12 was a bandaid for penetration in metro areas. . If this merger goes through and they are successful with Wireless Internet Service I think T-Mobile will increase customers by over 300 % including their WISP customers.

It is amazing that T- Mobile stayed on their 600 MHz deployment as they when through this BS interference over the Sprint merger. Nothing seems to stop T-Mobile despite the effort of many T-Mobile haters on this board which I don’t consider you as one.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not sure that they are all that interested in spending the money necessary to expand rural coverage just to compete in the corporate and government sectors. Let's say they did expand their coverage, that's no guarantee that they'll actually win any of that business because AT&T and Verizon would suddenly come up with a way to reduce costs. IT departments (or whatever department manages corporate cell phone contracts) are extremely conservative because they don't want a lot of angry employees.

It may be more profitable for T-Mobile to continue to sell service at a slightly lower price and not make the capital expenditures necessary to compete against AT&T and Verizon for customers for whom coverage is an important consideration. T-Mobile has done a great job in offering things that enhance their value proposition to end users, like free Netflix and T-Mobile Tuesdays. However corporate customers are not really going to care about these things.
    I suspect that in the long term they will increase rural coverage 'somewhat'. There's a lot at stake for TMobile. From IoT to media... It's a 'go big or go home' approach, especially if you have the spectrum to deploy and win. Some government contracts are :meh: while others may be like a pot of gold. Future logistics and driverless vehicles will require big infrastructure, and it would be a game changer. That being said... TMobile has a long ways to go ... Including backup generators.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I don’t know what you are talking about but T-Mobile has build out it’s new 600Mhz from the rural areas to the Metro areas. If you don’t have a 5G NR phone by 2020 then you have obsolete equipment. T- Mobile will be the First Nation Wide 5G NR Network and that is without the merger. With the merger the new T-Mobile Mobile is going to fly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I don’t know what you are talking about but T-Mobile has build out it’s new 600Mhz from the rural areas to the Metro areas. If you don’t have a 5G NR phone by 2020 then you have obsolete equipment. T- Mobile will be the First Nation Wide 5G NR Network and that is without the merger. With the merger the new T-Mobile Mobile is going to fly.
    5G over 600 MHz is stupid and only hurts people on 4G. precious spectrum that is need for 4G will be used for 5G making the 4G experience worse and a few MHz of spectrum for 5G won't do anything for speeds. Low band should be left for 4G until 4G is ready to be retired.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T- Mobile never had the spectrum for rural before 600 MHz that is still deploying. The tiny 5x5 MHz of Band 12 was a bandaid for penetration in metro areas. . If this merger goes through and they are successful with Wireless Internet Service I think T-Mobile will increase customers by over 300 % including their WISP customers.

It is amazing that T- Mobile stayed on their 600 MHz deployment as they when through this BS interference over the Sprint merger. Nothing seems to stop T-Mobile despite the effort of many T-Mobile haters on this board which I don’t consider you as one.
    300% gain in customers?! They’re covering Canada now, too?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    5G over 600 MHz is stupid and only hurts people on 4G. precious spectrum that is need for 4G will be used for 5G making the 4G experience worse and a few MHz of spectrum for 5G won't do anything for speeds. Low band should be left for 4G until 4G is ready to be retired.
    From a technical standpoint, I tend to agree with this. A 5x5 LTE carrier plus a 10x10 5G NR carrier is scant gain (if any) over a 15x15 LTE carrier. But this isn't about what makes the best technical sense. It has a lot to do with marketing. Having T-Mobile phones showing "5G NR" just about everywhere they have service is a big deal to the folks in Marketing because it will be a big deal to the customers, regardless of the technical truth. I suppose, sooner or later, we'll get Vo5G and eventually LTE will go away, just as 2G and 3G are going away but that's for the far distant future, like in 4 years.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast