Thread: Moto G6 on Red Pocket CDMAS?

Feedback Score

Moto G6 on Red Pocket CDMAS?

When I enter my phone's IMEI on the RP activation page, it tells me that the phone can only be activated for 3G, presumably not LTE. Perhaps I'm not doing something right; this is my wife's phone and we have no experience with Sprint.

Is this limitation to 3G accurate?

Unfortunately, while I have had RP for my own GSM phones for a while, the information they give you is very unreliable.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    there are various g6 models. where did you get it from originally?

Feedback Score
    It's the unlocked US version sold by Motorola.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    dial *#06# to use the MEID

Feedback Score
    I don't know about RP sprint service, but I don't think they provide you with a sprint sim, so maybe that is what it is indicating. that w/o a sim it'll fall back to 3G. You can get a sim for like $3, unless you already are using sprint with it. In that case the sim can be reused

Feedback Score

CDMAS on RP for Moto G6 (SOLVED)

Tl;dr: RP will get you there eventually but it takes effort and persistence.

I sorted this out but not without going through some hoops with RP c/s. Before I ordered the plan I ebay messaged them to find out which of the device specific sims they recommended for the US G6, which is clearly compatible with Sprint. Instead of answering my question, I got a canned response telling me to check the imei on the website. So I took a chance and ordered the SIM for the Galaxy 9+. Could not activate it online and chat concluded I had the wrong sim and they would send me a different one.

Meanwhile my wife needed her phone asap so I Googled until I found out the answer for myself. There are four different Sprint sims for four different types of phone. You cannot get the correct sim from a Sprint corporate store without activating a new line (for $30). It turns out that Amazon sells all four sims in an official Sprint BYOD bundle for $2.99 (fs with prime).

Attached is the most up to date list from Sprint of compatible phones and the correct sim for each, helpfully letter-coded to correspond with the sims in the Amazon bundle. Perhaps it will save someone who stumbles on this thread some trouble.

That said, while the inadequate communication with RP was typical of my experience with them over two years, RP c/s *chat* was very helpful and knew what they were doing. Even once I had the correct sim, I could not activate and port in online. Chat was able to activate and port for me without issue, so thank you for that. However, I was told that an email would be sent when the port was complete. We never got an email.

Lastly, once the new plan was active it was not linked to our online account so I had to go back into chat to fix that. But again, chat was effective.

Why go through all of this? My wife has been on H2O (AT&T) since Ptel went out of business Paygo cost her 5 cents per text and minute and 10 cents per data MB. Her monthly cost could be as high as $30. At $2.50/month this new RP plan gives her the equivalent of $80 of H20 units. So yeah, worthwhile.

sprint compatible-phones-sims.pdf

Feedback Score
    If coverage is available...