Thread: Best family plan lots of data no long term committment?

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Best family plan lots of data no long term committment?

What's the best family plan right now with at least 5 GB of data per line and no long term commitment? I've used Yeswap's site, but there may be other deals out there. I came off Sprint's Free plan and switched to their Unlimited Basic plan. After taxes and fees, I'm paying about $110/mo. for 4 lines. No VOLTE, even though our phones support it. Data is slow. The voice quality is so bad sometimes I can't understand the other person. It's too expensive for bad service. Here's my current contenders:

Total Wireless family plan for 4 lines with 100 GB shared data for $95/mo with autopay. Knowing I can buy the refill cards at Target,com with no tax and the 5% red card discount, I would expect the monthly price to be around $90. I know TW is on Verizon's network, so I would expect better service and quality than Sprint. Is data deprioritization bad on TW?

Red Pocket's family plan, $95/mo for 4 lines with 5 GB of data each (3 GB on Verizon). TW seems cheaper and offers a lot more data.

Hello Mobile, Tello, Boost and all other Sprint MVNOs aren't in consideration because of the poor network.

Cricket isn't in contention with their 3 mbs unlimited plan. I tried it one month and found it just slowed down all the apps on my phone.

Any others?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    TW is probably the best choice with significantly more data than any other option. Depriotitization will vary based on local tower conditions, but me too soon don't notice it in our area with TW, and speeds are very fast.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Metro PCS has 4 unlimited lines for $100 or $120 depending on your need for hotspot.

Feedback Score
    TotalWireless works great for my family (4 lines in VA), especially now that I have 100GB to use. If your kids use Instagram while out and about you will be tankful.
    I never notice any de-prioritization, I just run the speedtest now and I got DL 45Mbps, UL 18Mbps, ping 170ms.

The voice is VoLTE and I just found out that not only it's HD Voice (AMR-WB) but also HD+ Voice (EVS:SWB) between compatible phones (my S10 and iPhone 11 Pro). Huge audio quality boost IMO, almost startling how natural the call sounds.

PS: You can use this code to get 6000 points for each of the 4 lines (redeemable towards service) when you get new service: RWOI-B602

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    @SoNic67 Thanks for the info. Can you or someone else tell me if the refill cards at Target.com are limited to individual or shared plans? The $20-$50 cards are listed as individual plan cards while the $60-$100 cards are listed as shared plan cards. Can I buy 2 of the $50 "individual plan" cards to get the get the current Target buy 1 get 1 for 10% off, add them to an account and pay for the $100 shared plan for 4 lines? I assume the semantics of individual plan and shared plan on the cards are just based on the monthly cost, but I wanted to check before buying refill cards at Target.

Feedback Score
    Probably you are right but I would ask TW support about that. I never use them, I just take the 5% discount for the automatic payment...

PS: Check all your phones IMEI to see if they are accepted. https://www.totalwireless.com/activa...sn?carrier=VZW

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Darn. Total Wireless doesn't allow tethering, and several of my family members need to tether occasionally using their iPhones. I've read that many Android users can tether but not iPhones on Total Wireless. I guess this is going to eliminate Total Wireless from contention.

That leaves me with Red Pocket's family plan ($95/mo), or one of the Sprint MVNO's like Tello ($76/mo for 4GB/line), Boost ($95 or less per mo using Target refill cards).