Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Major issues on Verizon Wireless' network for Android 10 / Pixel phone users

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,046
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0

    Major issues on Verizon Wireless' network for Android 10 / Pixel phone users

    Is anyone else with Pixel hardware experiencing significant signal loss, no signal, roaming indicators, other issues, since the Android 10 update last month? It seems to be only impacting those on Verizon Wireless. Hundreds of people posting between Google's support forum, Google's bug tracker, and Reddit, yet VZW nor Google will acknowledge / confirm the issue.

    Does anyone have any contacts for who this can be escalated to at Verizon? Seems like VZW and Google need to work together on a fix...

    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/141578664
    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/140787988
    https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/13566467
    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/137816396
    https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/15864710

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    205
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have this issue with my Pixel 3xl after the update. I now have a couple locations to/from work where my phone has no voice/data connectivity.

    I dont have any contacts but hopefully Verizon can get this worked out with Google soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Settings
    Apps & Notifications
    See all apps
    Show system
    Clear cache and storage on "Phone Services"
    Restart device


    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,575
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    I blame Google entirely for not properly testing the Android update on their own branded devices .

    Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,046
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I blame Google entirely for not properly testing the Android update on their own branded devices .

    Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Technically this has not been an issue since just the Android 10 update 6 weeks ago but 2-3 months prior as it was evident in Beta bug reports. So yes, I think Google should be blamed for releasing something with Beta testers reporting issues but does Verizon help create/test the "radio" firmware? In the past, I believe they did. Is it possible VZW created/reviewed/approved the radio code that was included in Android 10 and had a hand in it? Either way, they need to work together to get this fixed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    71
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm on 10 (QP1A.191005.007, just updated to the latest patch today, no issues since the update ~1 month ago. Even after doing a bit of traveling, worked as well as it always has on 9 etc... Pixel 3, same for another pixel 3 on Verizon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,286
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    Technically this has not been an issue since just the Android 10 update 6 weeks ago but 2-3 months prior as it was evident in Beta bug reports. So yes, I think Google should be blamed for releasing something with Beta testers reporting issues but does Verizon help create/test the "radio" firmware? In the past, I believe they did. Is it possible VZW created/reviewed/approved the radio code that was included in Android 10 and had a hand in it? Either way, they need to work together to get this fixed.
    Verizon does NOT create any firmware code for the phone manufacturers.
    But they certify some phones, if manufacturer agrees to pay for the testing. Apple, Samsung, Motorola, and other phones sold in their store are certified to work on their network and updates are not pushed without reverification. Even Pixel 3 is there.
    Pixel 4 software is only under Google control.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    745
    Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    0
    I haven't. Neither has my wife, at least she hasn't said anything about it. I got my Pixel 2 from Google and she got her's from Verizon. I know she has the Verizon bloatware app preinstalled on her phone (or did until I hid them in settings) but afaik everything else is the same between the two.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,046
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    I escalated to VZW executive office. They said the best they can do is post on an internal forum. If lots of people complain by calling in, tech support will add to the posts. Then some other team of moderators reviews the posts and tries to contact the manufacturer. Sounds a bit ridiculous and apparently they have no direct contacts at Google which is absurd. If every Google phone had an issue on their network, apparently they would have no way to contact Google directly. They'd have to make posts on an internal VZW forum.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,286
    Feedback Score
    0
    Why they would have contacts? Should they have also with Motorola, Samsung, LG, Nokia.... and every manufacturer of phones out there?
    If the issue manifests only on one phone model, obviously it's that manufacturer job to fix the issue.

    The network provider doesn't need to change his network for that one phone... Example - if your TV suddenly doesn't display your local station , but every other brand of TV works fine, you don't call the TV station to fix your TV.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    327
    Feedback Score
    0
    The whole cellphone business is a big over complicated mess .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,046
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Why they would have contacts? Should they have also with Motorola, Samsung, LG, Nokia.... and every manufacturer of phones out there?
    If the issue manifests only on one phone model, obviously it's that manufacturer job to fix the issue.

    The network provider doesn't need to change his network for that one phone... Example - if your TV suddenly doesn't display your local station , but every other brand of TV works fine, you don't call the TV station to fix your TV.
    If they are a billion dollar company, someone should have peer contacts at companies where there is some sort of relationship, so, yes.

    I have worked at several big companies and engineering teams / executives have had contacts whether for simple relationship purposes or if there is a severe issue.

    Bad example regarding the TV because years ago there was a feed issue where my cable service wasn't displaying a local station properly. I called one of my contacts (someone at the executive level at the cable company) and he called his contact and they had the feed fixed within an hour.

    Its simply ridiculous to hear that no one at Verizon has a direct contact at Google, especially given that Verizon SELLS Google products.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    18,575
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    You must remember that Verizon doesn't manufacture the phones, write the code for the OS or the ability to fix it. Clearly this entirely up to Google to correct. Put the blame where it belongs.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    1,046
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    You must remember that Verizon doesn't manufacture the phones, write the code for the OS or the ability to fix it. Clearly this entirely up to Google to correct. Put the blame where it belongs.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    In some cases Verizon tests and certifies. I am told that is likely the case with the Pixels. So there is some blame on Verizon if that is the case. Regardless, Verizon should have direct contacts if a significant number of their subscribers have a Google phone, they SELL Google phones, AND there are tons of additional subscribers with other brand phones that run Android some of which they SELL. There is really no excuse and its ridiculous.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Roanoke
    Posts
    215
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    In some cases Verizon tests and certifies. I am told that is likely the case with the Pixels. So there is some blame on Verizon if that is the case. Regardless, Verizon should have direct contacts if a significant number of their subscribers have a Google phone, they SELL Google phones, AND there are tons of additional subscribers with other brand phones that run Android some of which they SELL. There is really no excuse and its ridiculous.
    Yea Verizon is supposed to test everything that’s deployed to their network... or at least they used to.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tracfones on Verizon Wireless Network
    By ChasHam in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
  2. iPhone on Verizon Wireless Network
    By ramnj in forum Apple
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 11:22 AM
  3. Verizon Wireless Network Ready for Harsh Winter Weather
    By Dewars in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:09 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 08:17 AM
  5. For Sale: Blackberry 7280 on ATT Wireless network
    By bitablespore in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks