Thread: Verizon sim

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Verizon sim

Need to get a new Verizon sim for my palm phone where can I get one? Can't get one from online can't order one over the phone, and can't get one in person at the store since the Verizon system thinks this phone doesn't have any sim slot... To make matters even more worse if i was able to at least order a sim only in store they won't give me one unactivated so I'm forced to pay a setup fee for having them do it in store... I've ordered on Amazon and eBay many times but have always gotten expired sims that won't activate.. suggestions on where to get a sim from?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Need to get a new Verizon sim for my palm phone where can I get one? Can't get one from online can't order one over the phone, and can't get one in person at the store since the Verizon system thinks this phone doesn't have any sim slot... To make matters even more worse if i was able to at least order a sim only in store they won't give me one unactivated so I'm forced to pay a setup fee for having them do it in store... I've ordered on Amazon and eBay many times but have always gotten expired sims that won't activate.. suggestions on where to get a sim from?

Um. Odd situation. Pay the setup fee and then call CS and wave it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    Um. Odd situation. Pay the setup fee and then call CS and wave it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Won't give me a sim card because my device is listed to not have a sim card so there for can not het a sim for it

Feedback Score
    Won't give me a sim card because my device is listed to not have a sim card so there for can not het a sim for it Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
    can you not go to wally world and buy the Verizon byod sim kit ??

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What Palm phone are you talking about? It's been a very long time, and I could be remembering this wrong, but I think there were some old Verizon phones that only had a SIM slot for international roaming on GSM carriers. You could get a Verizon SIM, but it only worked overseas. For domestic use, they only worked on the Verizon CDMA network. If that's the case here, it'd explain why their system doesn't show the phone having a SIM slot, since, for domestic use, it wouldn't use one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app
    The 411 on Free 411
    Hanging Up on Telemarketers
    Need to waste some valuable time? Read my blog![/COLOR] Marion's Time Waster

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Which Palm device ? Verizon only introduced the new Palm device this year with a LTE/VOLTE SIM card. Any older model cannot be activated.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    can you not go to wally world and buy the Verizon byod sim kit ??
    Don't think I can but I'll check next time I go to Walmart.. i don't trust Walmart's website since they turned it into a site like ebay.. they allow anyone to sell on Walmart's website now

Carrier(s)
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Please post the phone model information and what size SIM card is required. Does Verizon fully support this phone? (I have my doubts since you say that Verizon's system indicates that the phone does not have a SIM slot.) Does the phone support Verizon VoLTE?

If you have a Verizon-supported phone that takes the same size SIM card, you can always request a new SIM for the supported phone, activate it on the supported phone, and then physically move it to the Palm.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the old Verizon SIMs were strictly for GSM roaming. The one I had, although it had a Verizon logo on it it was actually a Vodafone NL SIM (I suppose Verizon had no GSM-compatible billing system so they worked it out that way ...), the phone actually had a netherlands-based number. Verizon's system did some auto-call-forwarding voodoo to forward your US number to the NL one when the SIM showed up overseas GSM roaming, and cancel the call forward when you were back on CDMA.

Verizon has it so you can move the SIM over and the CDMA side is set up on the 4G phones, but this doesn't work with anything older. If you get the SIM activated and pop it in there, I think it'd work when you're overseas (if they still have the EDGE or UMTS on bands the phone supports...) but no service domestically, not too useful.