Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Democrat AG Jim Hood settles his concerns and now supports T-Mobile-Sprint Merger

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Democrat AG Jim Hood settles his concerns and now supports T-Mobile-Sprint Merger

Mississippi state attorney general Jim hood has now settled any concerns he has to the T-Mobile Sprint merger. This leaves 17 state attorney generals still fighting, suing, and opposing the T-Mobile-Sprint Merger. 16 democrat attorney generals and 1 Republican state attorney still oppose and are suing to block the merger. He was one of 18 Attorney general suing to stop the merger. Now he supports the merger dropping the number of state AGs suing to block merger from 18 down to 17.

https://www.ago.state.ms.us/releases...ississippians/

Mississippi state Attorney general JIM Hood originally opposed the T-Mobile – Sprint merger as part of multistate litigation filed to prevent it. Before the agreement reached between Mississippi and T-Mobile, the merger did not include any specific commitments benefiting Mississippi. Only two percent of Mississippians would have benefited from future 5G services by the stand-alone T-Mobile.

Instead, as a result of Mississippi State Attorney General Jim Hood’s agreement, the following commitments were made:

1-Within three years of closing on the merger, the New T-Mobile will deploy a 5G network in Mississippi with at least 62 percent of the state’s general and rural populations having access to download speeds equal to or greater than 100 Mbps.

2- Within six years of closing, it will cover at least 92 percent of Mississippi’s general population and 88% of Mississippi’s rural population.

3-These commitments include 5G service in rural areas, including but not limited to Amite, Carroll, Choctaw, Covington, Franklin, Greene, Issaquena, Kemper, Lawrence, Marion, Perry, Smith, Tippah, and Walthall counties.

4- The parties also made limited price commitments and, in discussions with the Attorney General’s Office, vowed to decrease prices as supply increased, particularly as DISH enters the mobile market.

“The world around us is almost fully digital, but Mississippi is lagging behind with internet deserts across the state” General Hood said. “My agreement with T-Mobile will help fill this gap, and I appreciate their commitments made specifically to Mississippi counties that lacked service. Access to the internet results in better access to education, jobs, and health care.”

This 5G technology is expected to drastically decrease latency or buffering, which will be more convenient for consumers and will enable access to valuable technologies in Mississippi, such as telemedicine, in ambulances and hospitals, and automated farming. The 5G internet service will be available to customers in their homes and businesses and beyond their smart phones, thanks to mobile routers. However, T-Mobile has also promised to roll out a broadband service that will be available to hundreds of thousands of Mississippians including those in rural areas.

In conversations with the parties, the Attorney General’s Office also confirmed that there would be no retail job loss and that new stores would be opened in rural areas.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Feedback Score
    Why bring up political party other than to advance an agenda? Which last time I checked was against the rules. Get over it. If I was a mod would give you a 2 week vacation to give you a chance to stop your BS before permabanning you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes another moderate for said talk politics, Hillary Clinton etc in another thread. I am not making the thread to divide deep into politics but rather the fact that Jim hood now supports this merger for the good of all those who support the merger and the state of Mississippi.

Hi my biggest fan did you miss the other thread where veritz who is a mod said mention political party is fine as long as it doesn’t cause things to get out of hand.

Now my biggest fan guess what I give major props to mr. Jim hood as he sees that this merger will be good for all American. Guess what Jim hood is a Democrat state attorney general and I highlighted a story that came out about a Democrat showing his support for the merger. Obviously the point of this thread was missed by you. Jim hood a Democrat state Attorney General now is in support of the merger. I give him him Props. What he did is awesome to help this merger move forward.

Jack you have so much hate in your heart for a poster like me it is sad. Have a great day!

Oh if I was trying to advance my agenda I would have not posted this article because it shows a Democrat state attorney General now getting on board with this merger. Which again I give AG Jim hood a high five for!

I also highlighted all the things t-Mobile Promised to the state of Mississippi if they allow this merger to go through.

Thanks to Jim hood there now 17 instead of 18 attorney general involved in the lawsuit to block the merger. Mr Hood is making this easier for T-Mobile to get this merger pushed through. Thank you Jim hood!
    Last edited by trees12; 10-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I don't think just putting a (D) or (R) (or independent or third party name) up there is advancing any agenda. I found this post very informative; after all, the most I'd really heard before amounted to "some state AGs are blocking/delaying T-Mobile/Sprint merger", it's quite informative to see what concessions MS got as an indication of what the other state AGs might be seeking.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I don't think just putting a (D) or (R) (or independent or third party name) up there is advancing any agenda. I found this post very informative; after all, the most I'd really heard before amounted to "some state AGs are blocking/delaying T-Mobile/Sprint merger", it's quite informative to see what concessions MS got as an indication of what the other state AGs might be seeking.
    Hwertz you get it and you’re awesome. Thank you!!
    Thank you! That’s all I was trying to do is highlight that one of the state AGs that was originally against the merger and was one of 18 state AGs suing to block the merger has now pulled out of the lawsuit. Therefore leaving 17 state AGs in the lawsuit opposing the merger. Also as you hwertz noticed I have highlighted in my original post what concessions T-Mobile has agree to do for Mississippi if the T-Mobile-Sprint merger is approved.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I'll point out that Hood is the Democratic candidate for governor and is presently taking a lot of heat for his relationships with trial lawyers. He may have political motivations for wanting to get this off his desk.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    This laundry list of benefits mirrors my speculation that the opposing states were merely looking to "Wet Their Beak" on the deal. Politicians are so predictable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I'll point out that Hood is the Democratic candidate for governor and is presently taking a lot of heat for his relationships with trial lawyers. He may have political motivations for wanting to get this off his desk.
    +1 pretty sure why he settled it.

Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    This laundry list of benefits mirrors my speculation that the opposing states were merely looking to "Wet Their Beak" on the deal. Politicians are so predictable.
    This too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Why bring up political party other than to advance an agenda? Which last time I checked was against the rules. Get over it. If I was a mod would give you a 2 week vacation to give you a chance to stop your BS before permabanning you.
    I did not know we had minutemen mods. Everything in OP is totally in line with the rules.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    +1 pretty sure why he settled it.....
    Maybe also he can now claim that he's responsible for "bringing 5G to rural Mississippi."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Maybe also he can now claim that he's responsible for "bringing 5G to rural Mississippi."
    Sure thing, at 4G speeds but I'm sure that detail will be omitted.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Any coverage in some of these places would be a good thing. I grew up very close to Issaquena County, and I can tell you that that place is about as rural as you can get. I'd be surprised if any carrier had 4G there. If he could get T-Mobile to agree to cover it at all, that was an accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Sure thing, at 4G speeds but I'm sure that detail will be omitted.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app
    The 411 on Free 411
    Hanging Up on Telemarketers
    Need to waste some valuable time? Read my blog![/COLOR] Marion's Time Waster

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I use Verizon but do want to see this Sprint/T-Mo merger go through. It seems like Sprint's been kind of treading water literally for a decade or more, and it'll be nice to have T-Mo make good use of all that spectrum Sprint has.

I'm also interested to see what Dish Network will do. They had bought some uplink-only and dowlink-only AWS-3 and AWS-4. From what I've read, the purchasers who have tried to use this spectrum (unlike Dish up to now...) found they really needed paired spectrum and got the FCC to lift the uplink-only/dowlink-only restrictions on these blocks. They've got about 25mhz paired nationwide. They've bought 700mhz and 600mhz, and have about 15mhz nationwide paired. They're also getting 14mhz paired of 800mhz nationwide from Sprint/T-Mo. So they'll have a bit over 50mhz nationwide, plus some additional chunks of spectrum in more populated areas. Not a lot but

Feedback Score

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Interesting take on Mississippi dropping from the suit:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...unique-analyst

"Mississippi presents something of a unique case … as a preliminary matter, we note that Mississippi got an even worse deal than Florida and arguably worse than what the FCC negotiated for the nation as a whole,” New Street Research policy analyst Blair Levin told investors in a research note Friday. “Florida got marginally better 5G coverage requirements than the FCC on a variety of metrics… Our point is that this deal, on its face, is not likely to cause any jealously in the hearts of policy makers in California, New York or the other more populous and wealthier states that remain in the litigation.”

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Interesting take on Mississippi dropping from the suit:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...unique-analyst

"Mississippi presents something of a unique case … as a preliminary matter, we note that Mississippi got an even worse deal than Florida and arguably worse than what the FCC negotiated for the nation as a whole,” New Street Research policy analyst Blair Levin told investors in a research note Friday. “Florida got marginally better 5G coverage requirements than the FCC on a variety of metrics… Our point is that this deal, on its face, is not likely to cause any jealously in the hearts of policy makers in California, New York or the other more populous and wealthier states that remain in the litigation.”

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    I fully support this merger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast