Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Democrat AG Jim Hood settles his concerns and now supports T-Mobile-Sprint Merger

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    I fully support this merger.
    I'm not sure anyone here reading any of your posts from the last few months ever doubted that...

What *I* found interesting is that T-Mo essentially "settled" separately with Mississippi to get them to drop their suit.

I'm not sure that was a good precedent for T-Mo. It might encourage other states to join in to get their own custom settlements, or encourage the remaining states still in the suit to up the ante and get a higher level of concessions in return for backing out one by one.

One of the concessions was a pair of low cost wireless plans available to all residents of Mississippi for at least 5 years following the merger: unlimited talk and text w/2GB data for $15/month, and unlimited T&T w/5GB data for $25/month.

As long as T-Mo is felling so conciliatory, maybe I'll call the Rhode Island AG and ask him to demand that T-Mo guarantee coverage at my mom's house as part of any settlement with that state. It's a real PITA not to have decent service when I visit! It's the smallest state in the union for crissakes! How hard can it be to cover?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ..... It's the smallest state in the union for crissakes! How hard can it be to cover? ....
    I once got an official state road map of RI. Same size as the official road map of Texas but rather than the dots representing towns and cities, they're houses.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I once got an official state road map of RI. Same size as the official road map of Texas but rather than the dots representing towns and cities, they're houses.
    It's a state of 1 million people, and they have 150 state legislators. When I was a kid, I thought it was wild that my state senator lived on my street. When I got older, I realized everyone's did!

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    It's a state of 1 million people, and they have 150 state legislators.....
    That's one legislator for every 7000 people! What? Does everyone just take turns?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure anyone here reading any of your posts from the last few months ever doubted that...

What *I* found interesting is that T-Mo essentially "settled" separately with Mississippi to get them to drop their suit.

I'm not sure that was a good precedent for T-Mo. It might encourage other states to join in to get their own custom settlements, or encourage the remaining states still in the suit to up the ante and get a higher level of concessions in return for backing out one by one.

One of the concessions was a pair of low cost wireless plans available to all residents of Mississippi for at least 5 years following the merger: unlimited talk and text w/2GB data for $15/month, and unlimited T&T w/5GB data for $25/month.

As long as T-Mo is felling so conciliatory, maybe I'll call the Rhode Island AG and ask him to demand that T-Mo guarantee coverage at my mom's house as part of any settlement with that state. It's a real PITA not to have decent service when I visit! It's the smallest state in the union for crissakes! How hard can it be to cover?

Well people might know my stance on the merger. But most probably don’t know my politics. Except for my biggest fan on this site and some of my friends who happen to be on this site. Lol

Anyways let’s get the merger done.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Well, FWIW if all the state AG’s settled that way it would be a fine outcome. Coverage is a good thing, and would make the new company have a “Truly Nationwide” network.

Even a dyed in the wool NY republican like me (an endangered species) can support that “nationwide” should really mean nationwide (not just around the periphery). It may be a long time before I set foot in Mississippi but they and all states should have some high percentage of their populations have coverage from any carrier who claims to have a nationwide network.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Well, FWIW if all the state AG’s settled that way it would be a fine outcome. Coverage is a good thing, and would make the new company have a “Truly Nationwide” network.

Even a dyed in the wool NY republican like me (an endangered species) can support that “nationwide” should really mean nationwide (not just around the periphery). It may be a long time before I set foot in Mississippi but they and all states should have some high percentage of their populations have coverage from any carrier who claims to have a nationwide network.
    I like you already as I am a CA Republican. Oops I let the cat out of the bag. I agree any nationwide carrier should be covering a high percentage of the population in each state.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    .... I agree any nationwide carrier should be covering a high percentage of the population in each state.
    It's easy to cover a high percentage of the population of rural states. Just cover the capital city and a few other population centers. The trick is covering the land area of a rural state with few customers per square mile.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's easy to cover a high percentage of the population of rural states. Just cover the capital city and a few other population centers. The trick is covering the land area of a rural state with few customers per square mile.
    Correct me if i am mistaken on Mississippi since I have yet to travel to that particular state. Isn't most of Mississippi including many of its big cities poorly covered by T-Mobile at the moment?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Correct me if i am mistaken on Mississippi since I have yet to travel to that particular state. Isn't most of Mississippi including many of its big cities poorly covered by T-Mobile at the moment?
    Major cities: Jackson, Biloxi, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Vicksburg, etc are reasonably well covered as are the major highways. However, the coverage is still pretty much the spiderweb that was developed by T-Mobile's predecessors: PowerTel and DigiPH. You get a few miles off a covered highway and your phone's a paperweight. When I visit friends who live in the affluent town of Diamondhead, just a few miles off I-10, I have to use their WiFi or I have no service. CSpire owns the 700A licenses in all but a couple of MS counties. This is why I've eagerly awaited the clearing of TV stations and deployment of band-71 but they seem to be taking their time (as usual). Needless to say, Mississippi is not a high priority for the folks in Bellevue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Major cities: Jackson, Biloxi, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Vicksburg, etc are reasonably well covered as are the major highways. However, the coverage is still pretty much the spiderweb that was developed by T-Mobile's predecessors: PowerTel and DigiPH. You get a few miles off a covered highway and your phone's a paperweight. When I visit friends who live in the affluent town of Diamondhead, just a few miles off I-10, I have to use their WiFi or I have no service. CSpire owns the 700A licenses in all but a couple of MS counties. This is why I've eagerly awaited the clearing of TV stations and deployment of band-71 but they seem to be taking their time (as usual). Needless to say, Mississippi is not a high priority for the folks in Bellevue.
    interesting! Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2