Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Pocket - $2.25/30 Days - 200/1000/200 - Sprint

Feedback Score
    I have a FreedomPop Sprint SIM in a Moto e 2nd I have used it for almost 3 years. So I bought the $2.50 SIM and just got the activation number. Well it turns out Red Pocket doesn't get to use all of Sprints towers and they would not let me activate. What kind of service is this.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-sage View Post
    I have a FreedomPop Sprint SIM in a Moto e 2nd I have used it for almost 3 years. So I bought the $2.50 SIM and just got the activation number. Well it turns out Red Pocket doesn't get to use all of Sprints towers and they would not let me activate. What kind of service is this.
    It's just like ~98% of other MVNOs. Most MVNOs use only the network's native towers and exclude roaming partner towers.

Carrier(s)
    Tello (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Yep, this is very temping as an alternative to my Tello line, but since I have my Tello number on a Sprint-branded Samsung Galaxy S D700 which has no SIM card, I'm probably out of luck. I got the phone used on eBay and transferred my Tello number from an old flip phone in order to have a 4G device. At that point I thought I could continue with Tello paygo indefinitely.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Yes, you'll need a SIM for the Moto E4. Activation should not be possible without it. (Just in case, if your XT1768 is the U.S. Cellular version, it may not be whitelisted for Sprint. Otherwise you're good.)

If you buy the $30/$27 Red Pocket plan on Ebay, the drop-down selection menu has a 'send me a SIM' option, at no extra charge. Unfortunately, they've changed the options there in the last day or 2 to limit the number of SIM choices, and to make it a lot harder to use.....

The Moto E4 XT1768 needs SIM0LW416Q.
    From the drop-down menu, the Galaxy S8/Note8 choice also uses SIMOLW416Q according to the chart from S4GRU, so you could pick that option.

As a fallback, any of the 3-SIM or 4-SIM Sprint 'Universal SIM Kits' will also include this SIM. Currently $2.99 at Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SWDX7BF
    You should be training Red Pocket customer service. Having just bought this plan only to find RP not much help in suggesting which sim works with a Moto G6 and having guessed wrong initially, I also discovered the "universal" sim kit on Amazon and decided not to wait for RP to figure out which sim to send me.

I still had issues with activation and port in (from an AT&T mvno) but I did find the chat reps I worked with *much* more capable than the phone reps from a couple of years ago. I used to recommend Facebook messaging RP with difficult issues but chat seems more efficient and faster.

Attached is the most up to date official Sprint list of unlocked compatible phones and the correct sim for each. The letter code for each sim corresponds to the labelling in the Amazon bundle.

sprint compatible-phones-sims.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2