$30/360 Days ($2.50/30 Days) After 10/13/19

200/1000/200

Sprint Network

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    So, my question is, what's the best way to get the Prestige 2 phone I put on Tello paygo onto this $2.50/30 days RP plan if I want to port the phone # from Tello to RP?

When I tried to port the Prestige 2 to RP before, RP said I couldn't because the phone was already active on Ting, who had the service after acquiring the line from FreedomPop.

Tello was able to port the Prestige 2 to their service, so I moved the line to Tello, but then shortly thereafter Tello changed the paygo rules, so I now want to move it again!

Feedback Score
    Swap the phone with a placeholder meid. Then do the transfer. If you haven't one someone might lend one to you.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    So, my question is, what's the best way to get the Prestige 2 phone I put on Tello paygo onto this $2.50/30 days RP plan if I want to port the phone # from Tello to RP?

When I tried to port the Prestige 2 to RP before, RP said I couldn't because the phone was already active on Ting, who had the service after acquiring the line from FreedomPop.

Tello was able to port the Prestige 2 to their service, so I moved the line to Tello, but then shortly thereafter Tello changed the paygo rules, so I now want to move it again!
    Have you tried the port yet? You may be able to port directly from Tello to RP if you port both the phone and the phone number in one transaction. That worked for me when I ported from Ting to Tello.

Feedback Score
    This is tempting. Just when I thought red pocket was not as competitive, then this plan comes out. For low usage, this is better than page plus's $10 plan every 4 months.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Have you tried the port yet? You may be able to port directly from Tello to RP if you port both the phone and the phone number in one transaction. That worked for me when I ported from Ting to Tello.
    I did this when I ported from Sprint to Tello.
    Need a Tello referral? Get $10 when you sign up. https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3RNHB4D

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    Swap the phone with a placeholder meid. Then do the transfer. If you haven't one someone might lend one to you.
    Thanks for the reply. Would I need only a compatible phone MEID? Or would I also need another Sprint SIM card to go with that other MEID? I have an Moto E4 XT1768, which should be compatible with Sprint, but I don't have a Sprint SIM card for it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    As I mentioned above, I DID try to port from Ting to RP Sprint with the Prestige 2, but although RP successfully validated the IMEI and let me purchase the plan, when it came time to port, RP said it couldn't because the phone was already in use (on Ting).

RP offered to send me an AT&T SIM card to port the # to, which would supposedly release the Prestige 2, so RP could then put it on the 200/500/200 Sprint plan I was trying to buy.

But at the time, the Tello paygo with $10 top ups and no expiration with usage every 90 days would have been just as good for the usage the line was going to get, so I ported it to Tello. Tello, was able to port the Prestige 2 in directly.

Unfortunately for me, shortly thereafter, Tello changed their paygo rules!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Would I need only a compatible phone MEID? Or would I also need another Sprint SIM card to go with that other MEID? I have an Moto E4 XT1768, which should be compatible with Sprint, but I don't have a Sprint SIM card for it.
    Yes, you'll need a SIM for the Moto E4. Activation should not be possible without it. (Just in case, if your XT1768 is the U.S. Cellular version, it may not be whitelisted for Sprint. Otherwise you're good.)

If you buy the $30/$27 Red Pocket plan on Ebay, the drop-down selection menu has a 'send me a SIM' option, at no extra charge. Unfortunately, they've changed the options there in the last day or 2 to limit the number of SIM choices, and to make it a lot harder to use.....

The Moto E4 XT1768 needs SIM0LW416Q.
    From the drop-down menu, the Galaxy S8/Note8 choice also uses SIMOLW416Q according to the chart from S4GRU, so you could pick that option.

As a fallback, any of the 3-SIM or 4-SIM Sprint 'Universal SIM Kits' will also include this SIM. Currently $2.99 at Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SWDX7BF

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Yes, you'll need a SIM for the Moto E4. Activation should not be possible without it. (Just in case, if your XT1768 is the U.S. Cellular version, it may not be whitelisted for Sprint. Otherwise you're good.)

If you buy the $30/$27 Red Pocket plan on Ebay, the drop-down selection menu has a 'send me a SIM' option, at no extra charge. Unfortunately, they've changed the options there in the last day or 2 to limit the number of SIM choices, and to make it a lot harder to use.....

From the drop-down menu, the Galaxy S8/Note8 choice also uses SIMOLW416Q according to the chart from S4GRU, so you could pick that option.

As a fallback, any of the 3-SIM or 4-SIM Sprint 'Universal SIM Kits' will also include this SIM. Currently $2.99 at Amazon
    Thanks a lot for the info!

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post

Yes. That is the sim that I use in my factory in moto e4's on Tello.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone successfully gotten this deal to work?

I bought the plan on Ebay and I got no data connection. Voice and SMS were fine. I did all the usual activation, provisioning, and resetting steps. I swapped to another known good Sprint device. No dice.

The OLAM shows "Voice balance: Unlimited. Text balance: Unlimited. Data balance: 200 MB" The unlimited part is obviously wrong. I believe this plan is not correctly configured in their systems because it's so new.

I can't escape the suspicion that RP is growing faster then they can sustain, and quality is suffering. ( See: the RP/FP miscommunication/misconfiguration debacle where they still can't decide if 500 MB is really 200 MB.)

Feedback Score
    Those that bought this how long did it take to receive the activation code?
    The Ebay ad says they will send the code via email after purchase but here it is 24 hours later and nothing.
    Maybe they took Columbus Day off...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdenton61 View Post
    Those that bought this how long did it take to receive the activation code?
    The Ebay ad says they will send the code via email after purchase but here it is 24 hours later and nothing.
    Maybe they took Columbus Day off...
    You might want to check your spam filter if you haven't already. They sent the activation code rather quickly after they shipped the SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonysjenning View Post
    You might want to check your spam filter if you haven't already. They sent the activation code rather quickly after they shipped the SIM.
    I sent them an Ebay message after posting here and they responded a couple of hours later with the code.
    I activated the service this morning, at first I could only send/receive texts - no phone service and no data.
    I called their CS and got the phone service working pretty quickly but it took another ~3 hours with 3 different CS reps to get the data working.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast