Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pageplus message "your network is changing...buy a new phone"

Feedback Score
    For what it's worth I sent an email to Tracfone Corp. imploring them to publish exact information with dates on all their brands web sites and also include in any text or emails they send out to those with current active accounts. My emphasis is still the many people I encounter that still Know nothing about this and what to do. Recent PP texts, emails and links provide nothing. Elderly people relying on their 3G flip as a life line don't all have someone looking out for them. Even my sister in law that has been on Verizon everything for decades and my father in law on Verizon Prepaid autopay 3G flip knew absolutely nothing about it. Elderly don't use text to get a message.Verizon's notices are on some link on their website that most customers would never come across, especially those on autopay. And Verizon Tracfone/MVNOs don't even have that.
    Anyway, for what it's worth. I'm already set but that's only because I once came to HOFO on another issue and stumbled on the whole VoLTE/ no cdma change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know there are some phone that have VoLTE, but they do not support Verizon's VoLTE system tho.

Look at the Galaxy S4. I think the T-Mobile version of the S4 does support VoLTE on T-Mobile, but I know the Verizon version of the S4 does not support VoLTE at all. The Verizon version of the S4 has LTE and a SIM card, but can't be reactivated because it has no VoLTE. I have tried it with my Verizon S4 on Verizon based Straight Talk already.
    The problem is with Verizon branded phones that are VoLTE capable but have Advanced Calling 1.0. The Galaxy S5 was, but only works with VoLTE if on Verizon service. Some phones were later upgraded to 2.0, but many were not. These will not run on VoLTE on the MVNOS. There are other phone models with this situation as well. Can't be changed. The Galaxy S4 was not capable AFAIK

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The problem is with Verizon branded phones that are VoLTE capable but have Advanced Calling 1.0. The Galaxy S5 was, but only works with VoLTE if on Verizon service. Some phones were later upgraded to 2.0, but many were not. These will not run on VoLTE on the MVNOS. There are other phone models with this situation as well. Can't be changed. The Galaxy S4 was not capable AFAIK
    Yea, but if you read the previous posts, someone made it sounds like if it is a LTE phone, you was fine type thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    For what it's worth I sent an email to Tracfone Corp. imploring them to publish exact information with dates on all their brands web sites and also include in any text or emails they send out to those with current active accounts.
    Again, for what it's worth. Here's the reply to my email I received so far. I replied back that the issue applies to all Tracfone companies, not just Page Plus. As I also did in my original email to Tracfone. And that I await the follow up on the escalation to the higher office. Note the "we cannot verify yet the exact date". So again, stay tuned.

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your interest in Page Plus Cellular. We are responding to
    your recent inquiry.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any
    inconvenience you may have experienced with this issue.

We have read your message today, October 15, 2019, 5:20 PM EST. We were
    unable to call you back since there was no contact number available.

This is regarding your concern about the network migration.
    We want to let you know that we understand your place in this kind of
    situation, and we truly appreciate your effort for bringing this
    information to our attention. However, we cannot verify yet the exact
    date when those affected phones will no longer work. In regards to this,
    we already sent an escalation to our higher office for further
    information about your inquiry. Thus, allow us 24-48 hours to receive a
    feedback.

In addition, we will assure you that we are continuously working in
    improving our products and services to provide you the best service
    possible.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us via
    chat or by calling one of our customer care representatives at
    1-800-550-2436. For your convenience, our representatives are available
    Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Thank you for being a Page Plus Cellular. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Executive Resolution Department

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Again, for what it's worth. Here's the reply to my email I received so far. I replied back that the issue applies to all Tracfone companies, not just Page Plus. As I also did in my original email to Tracfone. And that I await the follow up on the escalation to the higher office. Note the "we cannot verify yet the exact date". So again, stay tuned.
    They may not know the exact date of the CDMA shutdown if Verizon has not clearly stated it to the MVNOs. It's safer to assume the earlier June 2020 date.

As far as a master list of affected phones, there has to be one in order for the Tracfone companies to send out notices. They should just publish it. With BYOP you are on your own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2