Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pageplus message "your network is changing...buy a new phone"

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Pageplus message "your network is changing...buy a new phone"

Today, I got a text from Pageplus telling me I had to buy a new phone because of an upcoming "network change". I thought the Verizon 3G service had been extended till November 2020. Are they just trying to sell phones?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie3738 View Post
    Today, I got a text from Pageplus telling me I had to buy a new phone because of an upcoming "network change". I thought the Verizon 3G service had been extended till November 2020. Are they just trying to sell phones?
    The dates all over the place. Was end Dec 2019, then Vzw announced end Dec 2020. Some TF companies indicating summer 2020. PPC told me June 2020 subject to change. Now u must have heard Nov 2020 somewhere. Haven't seen anything really stake in the ground. My mom's old Flip got the text yesterday too. But nothing specific, and the internet address if gives doesn't give a date just words on how wonderful life will be and their normal phone offers.

Feedback Score
    I got an email from Page Plus this morning with the same message talking about "A rad network more powerful than before...epic benefits..." but no deadline. I logged into the site but could not find the date when my phones will no longer work. (I'm not worried about this as the time had come to phase out these little Moto E phones anyway, but I would like to get the exact date.)

I tried to edit to add a link to Verizon's announcement saying "the Verizon CDMA Network remains available as-is until December 31, 2020," but I'm not allowed to post links. Anyway, I had assumed that Page Plus would follow the same time schedule, but apparently not.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    The dates all over the place. Was end Dec 2019, then Vzw announced end Dec 2020. Some TF companies indicating summer 2020. PPC told me June 2020 subject to change. Now u must have heard Nov 2020 somewhere. Haven't seen anything really stake in the ground. My mom's old Flip got the text yesterday too. But nothing specific, and the internet address if gives doesn't give a date just words on how wonderful life will be and their normal phone offers.
    Yea, the dates are for sure all over the place, but November 2020 is a new one to me.

Feedback Score
    Hey All

Am I correct in assuming that the email I got is in regards to my mom's old Samsung flip phone and not my iPhone 7?

wyophoneguy

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    Hey All

Am I correct in assuming that the email I got is in regards to my mom's old Samsung flip phone and not my iPhone 7?

wyophoneguy
    More then likely the old flip phone, but you want to check the iPhone for data and voice setting in the menu tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Yea, the dates are for sure all over the place, but November 2020 is a new one to me.
    Quick chat today with them and the CSR, who also claimed he asked his supervisor, said end of this year. (Jan 2020). Stay tuned for tomorrow.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Quick chat today with them and the CSR, who also claimed he asked his supervisor, said end of this year. (Jan 2020). Stay tuned for tomorrow.
    When I asked Straight Talk, I got June 2020 and July 2020 from two different CSR. When I asked Total Wireless, I got January 2020 and January 2021 from two different CSR. When I asked Tracfone, I got June 2020 and January 2021 from two different CSR.

Feedback Score
    i got the email and also message with a link, which didn't really tell me anything

google search "page plus network changes" will lead you to their webpage, which does show 01/01/2020, i don't think the page is fully functional, i can't really enter my phone number and check

I have old phone on there 3G PAYG plan, so I assume for the change, I will need to upgrade to a 4G phone, and switch to 4G PAYG plan, isn't it?
    do i also need to get a new SIM card? (I don't remember I have SIM before)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lyiu18 View Post
    i got the email and also message with a link, which didn't really tell me anything

google search "page plus network changes" will lead you to their webpage, which does show 01/01/2020, i don't think the page is fully functional, i can't really enter my phone number and check

I have old phone on there 3G PAYG plan, so I assume for the change, I will need to upgrade to a 4G phone, and switch to 4G PAYG plan, isn't it?
    do i also need to get a new SIM card? (I don't remember I have SIM before)
    I tried that search and the PP web page is the one they had up for awhile earlier this year under I believe their Support tab. They then pulled it when Verizon announced the extension to end of 2021. Being a web page that popped up on a google search doesn't mean it's a currently active or accurate site. Google searches give you all kinds of currently defunct results.

You'll need a new SIM. I use all my current VoLTE phones on the 4G PayGo. You can use a Vzw/TF company phone or BYOP Vzw/TF SIM from a local big box store.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    Hey All

wyophoneguy
    In general if the phone uses a SIM card you should be fine as it would support LTE. If no SIM card then the device is designed to use CDMA and will eventually need to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    In general if the phone uses a SIM card you should be fine as it would support LTE. If no SIM card then the device is designed to use CDMA and will eventually need to be replaced.
    That's wrong. LTE is NOT the issue. Vzw VoLTE / HD Voice support is what matters!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I hope you realize that LTE is the backbone of VOLTE. Granted that LTE is only the data, but you can't have VOLTE without the other.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I hope you realize that LTE is the backbone of VOLTE. Granted that LTE is only the data, but you can't have VOLTE without the other.
    You told wyophoneguy "you should be fine as it would support LTE".

That's WRONG. Or at best, incomplete info.

There are a number of phones that support Vzw LTE, but NOT VoLTE / HD Voice, which is now required for activation on the Vzw network.

But as a specific answer to wyophoneguy's question, yes, the message would be regarding "mom's old Samsung flip phone", because all Vzw compatible iPhones from the iPhone 6 on support Vzw VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I know there are some phone that have VoLTE, but they do not support Verizon's VoLTE system tho.

Look at the Galaxy S4. I think the T-Mobile version of the S4 does support VoLTE on T-Mobile, but I know the Verizon version of the S4 does not support VoLTE at all. The Verizon version of the S4 has LTE and a SIM card, but can't be reactivated because it has no VoLTE. I have tried it with my Verizon S4 on Verizon based Straight Talk already.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast