Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pageplus message "your network is changing...buy a new phone"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    For your reading enjoyment here's the latest from Tracfone/PagePlus I received today:

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your interest in Page Plus Cellular. We are responding to
    your recent inquiry.

We have received a response today, October 22, 2019, 10:48 AM EST. This
    is about your inquiry about our network change and the escalation that we have forwarded
    about the exact date when will be the 3G phones will not work. .

Please be informed that our Brand Manager for Page Plus informed us that
    the deadline will be on December of year 2020. However, we encourage our
    customers to purchase their devices now instead of waiting until the deadline.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us via
    chat or by calling one of our customer care representatives at
    1-800-550-2436 extension 2722. For your convenience, our representatives
    are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST.

Thank you for being a Page Plus Cellular customer. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Executive Resolution Department
    Page Plus Cellular
    December 2020 is good news. I wonder why PPC won't issue a formal statement to everyone.. Perhaps they are keeping mum to get people to migrate now instead of waiting until the absolute deadline. I'm not mad at them. You know they're going to be tons of people who'll wait then will get caught by the deadline when their phone is dead and then start complaining. Better to get them to switch early than too late.

I purchased some MyFlips to activate but now they will stay in the drawer until next year. I have zero complaints about our Gusto 3 phones and will continue using them until such time that we cannot. Although I will say, the Gusto voice quality is a tad shakey so I do look forward to the crisper quality of 4G.

Speaking of the my flip phones, I said this in another thread, but I highly recommend getting the phone through TracFone on eBay because it comes with a shell case. I was so impressed with the case that I ordered another phone just to get a backup case because unfortunately I can't seem to find the case anywhere else. I've seen a lot of my flips selling for $15. The eBay TracFone one is selling for $20, but the extra $5 to get the case is well worth it in my opinion. It eliminates accidentally pressing the side buttons, which my elderly father found quite aggravating especially when he would turn on the speaker phone by accident in a public place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Yea, I have picked up two MyFlip's from a Walmart Neighborhood Market that had them on clearance for $3 each. I have them ready just in case for people that need them.
    What I am waiting for is a TF/VZW version of the upgraded Alcatel Flip series like the new AT&T Smartflip and T-Mobile Go Flip 2. The use of Google Assistant on these looks interesting.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    What I am waiting for is a TF/VZW version of the upgraded Alcatel Flip series like the new AT&T Smartflip and T-Mobile Go Flip 2. The use of Google Assistant on these looks interesting.
    I know people around here that like to use very basic phones because they don't know how to use anything more then a basic phone. It is like my grandma, she does not even use the phonebook in a phone, and she even does not know how to use it too.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I hope you realize that LTE is the backbone of VOLTE. Granted that LTE is only the data, but you can't have VOLTE without the other.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Then why won't PP activate a Verizon iPhone 5 or 5S that supports LTE?

Device(s)
    iPhones 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    The iPhone 5s doesn’t support Voice over LTE. But it does support LTE for only data

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hamradio View Post
    The iPhone 5s doesn’t support Voice over LTE. But it does support LTE for only data
    There were also lots of LTE Android phones that don't support VoLTE. A number of older Verizon branded phones only support it if on direct Verizon service. Depends on which version of Advanced Calling is programmed in the phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Then why won't PP activate a Verizon iPhone 5 or 5S that supports LTE?
    Just to clear things up and try to make it simple for you, VoLTE and LTE are two different things. LTE is a data connection, and VoLTE is voice over LTE which is voice over that data connection.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    Just to clear things up and try to make it simple for you, VoLTE and LTE are two different things. LTE is a data connection, and VoLTE is voice over LTE which is voice over that data connection.
    Yes I'm well aware of that as I sell Page Plus, I was responding to a "Supermoderator" that said,"In general if the phone uses a SIM card you should be fine as it would support LTE". My point is that this isn't the case since the iPhone 5/5S uses a SIM card and supports LTE but is not VoLTE capable

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    In general if the phone uses a SIM card you should be fine as it would support LTE. If no SIM card then the device is designed to use CDMA and will eventually need to be replaced.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's wrong. LTE is NOT the issue. Vzw VoLTE / HD Voice support is what matters!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown Z View Post
    Yes I'm well aware of that as I sell Page Plus, I was responding to a "Supermoderator" that said,"In general if the phone uses a SIM card you should be fine as it would support LTE". My point is that this isn't the case since the iPhone 5/5S uses a SIM card and supports LTE but is not VoLTE capable
    Yes, that was already covered.

Feedback Score
    Yea, I have picked up two MyFlip's from a Walmart Neighborhood Market that had them on clearance for $3 each. I have them ready just in case for people that need them.
    Wish I could buy one from you for that price! I'll keep my eyes open.

Does ANYONE know how the speaker phone quality sounds on the MyFlip? My husband is a bit hard of hearing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3