Thread: Does anyone know if Verizon ever has sales on phones for customers on existing plans?

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play (unlocked version)
    Feedback Score

Does anyone know if Verizon ever has sales on phones for customers on existing plans?

Does anyone know if Verizon ever has sales on phones for people who just want a new phone to use on their existing plan? Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time on the Verizon Wireless website so maybe I've missed some past deals. However, the sales that I have seen always seem to involve either getting a new plan or adding a line. I don't want to trade in my existing phone either.

I want to get a phone directly from Verizon in order to be sure all features will be enabled. I don't want to buy an unlocked phone elsewhere only to find out afterward that Verizon won't enable wifi calling or some other feature. I'm highly unlikely to change networks in the future as Verizon has the best coverage in my area.
    I can't believe I made a typo when entering my screen name....

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The best place we usually find the best sales is at Best Buy. They'll run phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S series and the Note series at $200-400 off depending on the sale. A few months ago they were selling the S10 line at $400 off. I've even seen $500 off on the right model phone. No trade in or new line requirement. They just pay that as a down payment on the phone lowering your monthly payment. If you prefer to pay it off you can let it go on the payment plan at purchase then just pay it off after a bill cycle goes through. They offer sales on the Pixel phones and iPhones too. Just have to check their site weekly to see what the sale is that week. My wife and I have bought our last 3 phones there at discounted prices.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play (unlocked version)
    Feedback Score
    At some point I did look at Bestbuy's dedicated Verizon prepaid phones online but all I saw was low-end 16GB models. I've already had to delete apps on my current 16GB phone because I was running out of space so I want my next phone to have larger capacity. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place on Best Buy's website?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Does anyone know if Verizon ever has sales on phones for customers on existing plans?

Quote Originally Posted by itssjustme View Post
    At some point I did look at Bestbuy's dedicated Verizon prepaid phones online but all I saw was low-end 16GB models. I've already had to delete apps on my current 16GB phone because I was running out of space so I want my next phone to have larger capacity. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place on Best Buy's website?
    Do you want a brand new phone? Or would you be ok with a used phone. On the used side try Swappa and eBay, you can get a lot of bang for you buck on year old phones that work on Verizon. I saw a LG V40 ThinQ for $265 on eBay, is it the latest and greatest? No, but it’s pretty close since it’s only a year old. I mainly get my phones from eBay b/c they have my back if I get a phone that was not described, believe me it’s happened a couple of time before and I got my money back. Just look at their rating and how many sales they’ve had. Good luck in finding your phone.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    Last edited by icdvtrvt; 10-09-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itssjustme View Post
    My bad I was thinking you were looking at postpaid phones. That's still a good option for prepaid though. Whenever I buy my next phone I'm just going to buy a postpaid one from Best Buy and use it. I'm currently using my postpaid purchased Galaxy Note 9 on my prepaid account. Seems like they offer some sale prices even if not activating on a postpaid account. I asked the sales guy at Best Buy when I was just browsing around and he said you don't get the full discounts unless you activate on postpaid, but you can still get some off the full price. Buying phones from the verizon pre pay site never seems like a good deal unless you're looking at a cheap phone. Like the S10s I mentioned at $400 off he said I could still get the $200 off if I'm using on prepaid. Still a savings vs buying from verizon. Catching a sale on the Pixel 3a or 3aXL is a pretty good value for a solid phone.