Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Standard Pay-As-You-Go Plan not eligible for VoLTE or visual voicemail

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I bet this question could easily be answered by any page plus user that owns a iPhone. Anyone out there fit these qualifications?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelf View Post
    Under Cellular data options > Voice, I have LTE checked.

In this configuration, am I using VoLTE when I make voice calls?

I just made a test call and there does not seem to be anything displayed on the phone's screen to show whether or not it was a VoLTE call.
    A VoLTE call does not need cellular data on. It is a separate LTE channel.
    It will only be an HD Voice call if calling to another phone on Verizon that has it enabled. Does not work between carriers on an MVNO.
    If VoLTE is working, the LTE symbol in the Status bar will stay on during a call.
    If VoLTE is not working, the LTE symbol in the Status bar will turn off or change to another symbol.
    Android phones will show an HD symbol somewhere on the call screen. Don't think iPhones show anything.
    Note: There is some variance between phone models.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    I presume once CDMA is totally shut down, the standard plan subscribers will have to be converted to VoLTE. Whether that will include visual voicemail and/or wifi calling is still a question in my mind.
    Makes some sense that the 3G Standard plans would not support VoLTE, but not the 4G plans. They should have made an announcement about this issue like Straight Talk and Tracfone have. Those announcements state no CDMA support beyond June 2020.

Feedback Score
    Just did a chat. The 4G PayGo is good to use with/for VoLTE and VVM. Of course not the 3G PayGo if the OP accidentally chose that. OP may just not have the correct APN. Seems iPhones have all kinds of issues on MVNOs.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The profile I have installed on both phones is ivzwinternet.tracfone.com, not the one ending in entp.

Based on problems this user had removing the profile ending in entp from an iPhone 7 running iOS 11, I've always preferred ivzwinternet.tracfone.com.
    https://howardforums.com/showthread....lar-data/page2

This could very well be the cause of my inability to get VoLTE and visual voicemail on these two iPhone 6s devices, which are now running iOS 13. When I have a chance sometime over the next few days, I will attempt to remove the ivzwinternet profile and install the entp profile and see if that makes a difference.

It still doesn't change what I was told by the customer service rep yesterday. She could very well be wrong, but I was simply reporting what I was told.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    She could very well be wrong, but I was simply reporting what I was told.
    Thx for the report. It gives us all a heads up. I've found chat is better but even then you need to check with several CSR's to really find a consistent answer on any issue with them. As far as your phone profile I don't understand anything on iPhone set ups.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Iphones.... Great phones but such a pita to get working %100 on mvnos... Funny thing is that It's always been harder on AT&T mvnos to get those iPhone specific functions working like iMessage and Visual Voice because I think the sims you get from AT&T mvnos might actually be forced to block access to the Apn settings/profiles.

It was never known to be an issue on Verizon mvnos like Red Pocket(because they seem to use the default apn VZWINTERNET. Maybe Boom, Selectel and Straight Talk fall into that group.

But it seems like tracfone Verizon mvnos are a different animal.... More like following the GSM restrictions, if only because you definitely need to change the APN to tracfone.vzwentp

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 10-08-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    It will only be an HD Voice call if calling to another phone on Verizon that has it enabled. Does not work between carriers on an MVNO.
    This is not true in my experience. I just upgraded my dad's 3G flip phone to 4G flip phone (Tracfone Alcatel MyFlip 4G). Initially MyFlip showed 4G LTE in the status bar. I turned data off, 4G LTE disappeared (I am 90% sure, can't check now). But then I called my own phone (Pixel 3a on AT&T prepaid) and my Pixel showed call as HD and the sound quality was much better than "regular" call, Skype-like.

Feedback Score
    VoLTE phones do not need cellular data turned on to make calls over LTE. It's a different channel in the LTE radio. You just can't use data during a call. Have not tried HD Voice between carriers, as everybody I know is on Verizon like me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2