So simple question here. My brother has two original SERO premium lines (that had been upgraded from the oldest version of SERO). He has two iPhone SE's from about 3 years ago.

Now before people get snarky and say 'one cannot get subsidy' for these plans now, we did 3 years ago, even when folks in the forums said it was impossible to do so. We could get the 64Gb iPhone SE for free, and they offered us the 128Gb phone for $49 ea (which is what they have now).

So the questions:
- Is there any benefit from calling a SERO specific number (the way we've always upgraded in the past)?
- Can a SERO premium plan holder go to a Sprint store and upgrade their phone and keep their plan as-is?

My brother and his wife both pay $50/mo for their phone so say about $55/mo ea with taxes, but these old SERO plans definitely do include unlimited data. And until the last phone replacement, definitely did include subsidized price for new phones.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm less concerned about them losing the subsidy on phones, which maybe really is gone now. I would be concerned if their plan has to change to get a new phone. I also have no idea how the SERO pricing mentioned in this note compares with modern pricing.

-Dan