Thread: App to split long mp3's?

Feedback Score

App to split long mp3's?

I want an app that will simply split mp3 files into multiple files. ie. 2 hour long podcastts. I've tried a couple that seemed to claim to do that but all they did was let you cut out clips of audio to save to make ring tones, and were only workable in the seconds level, so would take forever to slice up a 2 hour long podcast (also because you had to try to find the same spot each time you selected). May Sounds easy but it's not. I just need something that works at the file level. ie. split file evenly in 2, 3, 4 parts, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack9 View Post
    I want an app that will simply split mp3 files into multiple files. ie. 2 hour long podcastts. I've tried a couple that seemed to claim to do that but all they did was let you cut out clips of audio to save to make ring tones, and were only workable in the seconds level, so would take forever to slice up a 2 hour long podcast (also because you had to try to find the same spot each time you selected). May Sounds easy but it's not. I just need something that works at the file level. ie. split file evenly in 2, 3, 4 parts, etc.
    Audacity is the Swiss Army Knife of audio editors. I have used it for multi-hour long file editing.

Feedback Score
    I 2nd Audacity. It is a PC program though. Not sure if there in an android version.

Quick Google search finds no Audacity for Android. There are alternatives, though. I haven't tried any of them. Good luck!

Audacity Alternatives

Feedback Score
    Sorry I guess I should have said Android app. Usually when people say apps, they mean phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack9 View Post
    Sorry I guess I should have said Android app. Usually when people say apps, they mean phone.
    Sorry, I posted about Audacity as I was due to go out and did not notice that you meant phone app.

Feedback Score
    Have you checked the alternatives I linked above?

Feedback Score
    Try Timbre. The reviews about it are great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    Have you checked the alternatives I linked above?
    Timbre seems to be the only one that will work. I tried Audio Recorder & Editor but it wouldn't import the file to edit. Reading the descriptions for the others on the page, it doesn't seem they offer the capability.

Timbre is tedious to try to select the time you want, but it does work. It should offer the ability to directly enter a number for the times.
    I was hoping to find an app where you say I want to split the file into x number of parts, and it automatically splits them into equal parts. Quick and easy.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Definitely audcaity