Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Page Plus Cellular customer with a warning if you buy a phone from Page Plus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdomaz View Post
    Earlier this morning, when I typed in AGENT, it sent me to a page with just a phone number. No option to chat. At that point, I was beginning to think they had eliminated the Live Chat feature. I wonder if too many people were using it so they temporarily shut it down. Who knows. I am just happy that it still exists and thanks again for all the tips on how to find it in the future. It shouldn't be this difficult, but I have noticed other companies are hiding their Live Chat feature, as well.

Now I just found out that my PP phone no longer works in Canada. That is a bummer!! I still use pay as you go with an old LG FLip PHone. I only average $3 a month useage for texts and calls, so I have stuck with PP. It may be time to look around, but that is another thread! I am glad to see you still on the PP forum. You are always so helpful and have such valuable information. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge. I am one who has definitely benefited over the years.
    I'm happy that I'm able to help.

PPC support hours are 8 AM - 11:45 PM Eastern. Is it possible that you tried online chat this morning before 8:00 AM Eastern?

PPC will always be special for me. I was one of the early-ish adopters after PPC got into the Vzw MVNO business, I first signed up in 2001, and PPC definitely helped save me A LOT of money for 14 of my first 16 years of cellular phone usage.

Even after PPC was purchased by TF/America Movil, it has remained relevant, mostly due to it's Standard Plan (paygo) product.

Also, as far as I know, PPC still the only TF-related Vzw MVNO that fully supports SIM swaps, auto-updating the device IMEI in the PPC system, without having to give a CSR the IMEI of the new device, which is needed for other TF-related Vzw MVNOs to get the correct IMEI in their system.

Good luck with your search for a service that supports Canadian roaming. Maybe I'll see you in that thread, too!

Feedback Score
    I was on at 9:00 a.m. EST, so either I was blind or it just wasn't working at the moment I tried. Either is possible, for sure. Just happy I was able to get in touch with them for the issue I needed to discuss. I like having a record of what was said to me, which is why I prefer Live Chat. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdomaz View Post
    Now I just found out that my PP phone no longer works in Canada. That is a bummer!! I still use pay as you go with an old LG FLip PHone.
    What was your phone roaming on in Canada? I thought there was no CDMA network there from Canadian carriers. Near the border you might still be reading US towers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    What was your phone roaming on in Canada? I thought there was no CDMA network there from Canadian carriers. Near the border you might still be reading US towers.
    There aren't now, as far as I know, but I was using PPC and Selectel in Canada until 2015. I have no recollection as to which Canadian network was being used.

Feedback Score
    I see this topic has become very, VERY long. I simply wonder, (1) Why would/did PPC sell you or anybody a phone that is not compatible on Page Plus Cellular? (2) Did you ever think, just remove SIM card from old device and put it into the new iPhone 11, and would or did that work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I'm happy that I'm able to help.

PPC support hours are 8 AM - 11:45 PM Eastern. Is it possible that you tried online chat this morning before 8:00 AM Eastern?

PPC will always be special for me. I was one of the early-ish adopters after PPC got into the Vzw MVNO business, I first signed up in 2001, and PPC definitely helped save me A LOT of money for 14 of my first 16 years of cellular phone usage.

Even after PPC was purchased by TF/America Movil, it has remained relevant, mostly due to it's Standard Plan (paygo) product.

Also, as far as I know, PPC still the only TF-related Vzw MVNO that fully supports SIM swaps, auto-updating the device IMEI in the PPC system, without having to give a CSR the IMEI of the new device, which is needed for other TF-related Vzw MVNOs to get the correct IMEI in their system.

Good luck with your search for a service that supports Canadian roaming. Maybe I'll see you in that thread, too!
    Att prepaid includes Canada roaming.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6