Thread: Data Issues

Feedback Score

Data Issues

Is anyone noticing any data issues lately? Seems like speed test app isnít working and I heard others having intermittent problems as well.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been having some issues with wi-fi and BT, but I think those are just my phone flipping out. That said, I did experience one problem yesterday while trying to use Waze/Google Maps/Apple Maps where nothing would update in a location where I normally have good service. Again, this could just be my phone.

I just ran a speed test at my desk with wi-fi off and got 29.1 down and 10.0 up with a 32ms ping and 2.2ms jitter.
    Durham, NC

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Is anyone noticing any data issues lately? Seems like speed test app isnít working and I heard others having intermittent problems as well.
    Iíve been seeing my data on the $65 plan just stop working until I cycle airplane mode for the last month or so. I know itís not congestion throttling, because Iíve had speed tests peak over 100Mbps upon cycling the radio.

I thought my iPhone was bad so I got a new one, even switched from a physical SIM to and eSIM and still have the same issues. Itís strange when I experience it. During general web browsing Iíll be on a page, then try to click a link and itís dead. Any messaging that requires data stops working. Sometimes I can get a really slow 0.0x Mbps speed test through and other times nothing.

On the flip side, I can stream internet radio stations for my whole commute and it never skips a beat. It seems like it goes ďidleĒ or something and canít come out of it. Really weird.

Iíve tried other carrier SIMs in my phone to rule out any hardware issues too. It only happens with my AT&T prepaid line.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing things similar to this, I figured itís just me!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Seems like my data is intermittent lately like at times apps load ok other times it will take longer than it should and sometimes my messages sending out take longer a few times than they should. Idk what the deal is but Iíve done restarts, airplane mode nothing seems to be fixing it. Att said they are aware of the data problems and trying to get a fix but itís been over a week....

Feedback Score
    Probably not the same thing you guys are dealing with, but like two weeks ago, I very randomly started getting forwarded to a webpage claiming "AT&T Free Msg: It looks like you want to use data but have none available. You may need to add a data package or change to a plan that supports data for your device. To check your plan and manage your account, login to att.com/myprepaid."

I was using a call-enabled tablet - which might have been the issue - but it was a phone and I had used it error free for about a year prior.

I put my sim in an older "phone" (Xperia Z3 tablet), and my data worked, although I had to cycle Airplane Mode on a couple of occasions.

I solved the issue by porting to Straight Talk AT&T, which I was planning to do anyways.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Started noticing data issues today as well. I'm getting the small X through LTE and H indicating no data. This is happening in more than one area even with a strong signal. What's weird is some apps work and others don't.

Update; there appears to have been an outage in the area as data was out most of the day. Everything seems to be back to normal now.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by Digital Rules; 10-05-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Iíve been seeing my data on the $65 plan just stop working until I cycle airplane mode for the last month or so. I know itís not congestion throttling, because Iíve had speed tests peak over 100Mbps upon cycling the radio.

I thought my iPhone was bad so I got a new one, even switched from a physical SIM to and eSIM and still have the same issues. Itís strange when I experience it. During general web browsing Iíll be on a page, then try to click a link and itís dead. Any messaging that requires data stops working. Sometimes I can get a really slow 0.0x Mbps speed test through and other times nothing.

On the flip side, I can stream internet radio stations for my whole commute and it never skips a beat. It seems like it goes ďidleĒ or something and canít come out of it. Really weird.

Iíve tried other carrier SIMs in my phone to rule out any hardware issues too. It only happens with my AT&T prepaid line.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing things similar to this, I figured itís just me!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I have been having the same problem over the past few weeks. Horrible speeds where I can't even surf the web anymore. I have begun transitioning to another carrier. AT&T was good for a couple of years and is beginning to crap out nis. It happens. It runs in cycles. I switch intermittently between Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T. Back to Sprint now. Much better speeds ( over 30 Mbps downloads) with no congestion since most hate Sprint.

Sent from my Pixel using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Looks like my data issues finally got fixed. Agent had me turn off the phone refresh my network and boom everything is good again