Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: MNVO to accept Verizon S4?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Data storage devices like disk drives and flash memory are measured in base 10 units. So 1 GB of flash memory is 1000 MB.

However other areas of computing, including mobile broadband, use binary arithmetic and define an MB as 1024 KB. Technically that should be called an MiB but it's conventional to use MB for both the 1024 and 1000 MB variants.

For the gory details of how we got to this confusing state of affairs see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte.
    MiB = Men in Black (movie starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones)

MB = Megabyte

Obviously I am having a little fun here with the term Mib and I did read the attached article.

When data storage was first quantified it was measured in KB (kilobytes) > 1024 KB =1 MB (megabyte) > 1024 MB = 1 GB (gigabyte) > 1024 GB = 1 TB (terabyte) and so on and so on.

My first personal computer in 1977 (Apple II) only came with 8 KB of memory and maxed out at 64 KB. Modern memory is almost exclusively measured in MB, GB, and TB with the average consumer computer/memory storage.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, there's contact information at the bottom of each carrier profile. I'll add it to the Help and About pages.

When I set the filter to 1 line, Verizon only and scroll down to the $40 plans Visible is there. For 4 lines is there at the $100 price point. What criteria are you entering where Visible is missing?
    Okay, if I uncheck "Unlimited Slow Data" then Visible shows up. With that box checked it does not show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    Okay, if I uncheck "Unlimited Slow Data" then Visible shows up. With that box checked it does not show up.
    I will fix that. It makes sense to show plans with "unlimited" fast data even when unlimited slow data is selected. Update: fixed.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 12-23-2019 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Bug fixed.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Data storage devices like disk drives and flash memory are measured in base 10 units. So 1 GB of flash memory is 1000 MB.

However other areas of computing, including mobile broadband, use binary arithmetic and define an MB as 1024 KB. Technically that should be called an MiB but it's conventional to use MB for both the 1024 and 1000 MB variants.

For the gory details of how we got to this confusing state of affairs see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebibyte.
    Dumbed down because your average consumer doesn't understand the concept of base 2 compared to base 10.

1GB should be 2^30 or 1,073,741,824 bytes. By using a base 10, you're technically getting less space (or data usage) for your money because they define it as 1,000,000,000 bytes. Years ago, this was probably marketed, but I guess there were complaints.

kilo = 10
    mega = 20
    giga = 30

Worse yet, you buy a 1 TB drive but windows reports it as 931 GB available. Customer upset because they're missing 7% of their space.

Mind blown

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I will fix that. It makes sense to show plans with "unlimited" fast data even when unlimited slow data is selected.
    Visible is complex because you can get the $25 per month price by teaming up with strangers. On Reddit there's a sub-group with people looking for, or offering, Visible partners.

I was talking to a very cheap friend who doesn't want to pay for Internet service but is paying $24/month for basic AT&T wireline service. I told her to port her landline number to Visible and tether her computer to her Visible phone and it'd be cheaper than paying for her Ultra Mobile cell phone plus AT&T landline. Or she could use an Obi ATA with a OBIWIFI5G adapter and port her AT&T landline number to Google Voice.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I'll look at the IE issue. i doubt that I'll be able to fix it without rewriting the filter code to run server side just for IE, which is something I'm not willing to do.

Update: I was able to fix the IE 11 issue. It should work now. You might need to clear the browser cache.
    I just decided to check, and saw that prepaidcompare.net is once again working correctly with IE 11, so I came back to this post to mention it.

Unfortunately, I didn't see the edit to your post back on 12/22/19.

But thank you very much for fixing it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3