Thread: off billing question

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

off billing question

I've had Tmobile for a few years now. I believe in 2017, I purchased an iPhone 8 as part of a T-Mobile promotion whereby I got a credit of $300.00. I never understood how Tmobile handles the monthly credits but I was getting the monthly credit for the iPhone 8. About 6 months ago, I had paid off the installment plan on the iphone 8. Last year, I also got an iPhone XR and I'm getting a credit on the bill for that one. My bill has pretty much been the same for the last year since I got the XR. Today, I got a notice that my new bill was ready and it was about $7.00 more than last month. I hadn't changed anything. I logged into my account and it says it went up $5.85 because of an expiration of the 2017 $300 off iPhone launch offer. What is this? I don't have time yet to reach out to customer service but if I paid off the iPhone 8 which I believe this is what they are referring to, why did my bill go up?? Or, did I not understand the promotion at the time? That I was just getting a a credit for 24 months against my bill for purchasing an iPhone but that my bill would go up after 24 months regardless of paying off the phone?

Feedback Score
    Yes, they often do discounts with monthly credits. That's incentive for the customer to keep service in order to get the full credit. If they leave early, the credits end.