Carrier
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score

What about the speakerphone on the iPhone 6s?

I purchased a Moto E4 for my wife when I got mine and she's never really been happy with it. She uses the speakerphone often and the sound quality is poor using the speakerphone. Also, the Moto E4 has a slow volume increase on incoming calls so she doesn't always hear the first couple rings and by the time she gets to her phone, she's missed the call.

I can get her the iPhone 6s through PagePlus for $149 which is very reasonable. She doesn't need a newer, faster, better phone than the 6s since she really only calls, texts and uses Facebook on her phone. Occasionally Google Maps but nothing else. Email, YouTube, etc. she does on her laptop.

What is the sound quality of the speakerphone? How far away from it are you able to stand and still carry on a conversation?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    For the best sound quality using the speaker phone, I hold the device or keep it about 1-3 feet away on a flat surface. No need to hold it up to your face directly. Try experimenting to find the sweet spot for you or your wife.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    If you want a smartphone with a OUTSTANDING speaker (regular or on speakerphone) get a Alcatel Idol 5 (cricket had them as refurbs for $19., but sold out) as these phones have 2 front facing powerful speakers. Like your wife, I need loud so I can work hands free, especially when driving with GPS and listening to directions. Some Cricket dealers still have them as a fyi. I have 4 lines for my reps and have used many phones and this one is tops. The iPhone 6S is pretty good, but speaker is on bottom and not front facing. Avoid any phone with a rear speaker.

Carrier
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the suggestion, jimxx200. I'll look into it.

Feedback Score
    When on speaker phone, the distance from you to bottom mic and speaker also depends a lot on how loud your normal speaking voice is. Some people’s voices are naturally loud. Some people’s voices are just loud enough to be heard just by the person right next to them. I find, regardless of brand or model, I have to hold the phone just a few inches away. If I place the phone down on the desk beside my keyboard), I have to speak in (to me) a public speaking-loud volume which, for some people, would still be low volume (judging by how really really really loud some people speak to their phones on trains/subway/buses).