Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Disney world/orlando

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    281
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Disney world/orlando

    I recently took a trip to Disney World in Orlando and I must say Tmobile service was pretty horrendous. We tried to do a facebook live video during the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and it kept trying to reconnect becayse there wasnt enough service. Even while driving around on main roads, service was weak. In the hotels, Lowes, Dolohin and swan, some parts of the hotel had zero service.

    What is going on with Tmobile? I feel the signal had diminished. NYC is still good and thats where I spend 99% of my time so I will stick with Tmobile but this is pathetic. I feel like the signal strength in NYC has gone down just a little as well. My company issued At&t phone worked flawlessly as did my verizon company issed iPad in Orlando.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,753
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Disney controls everything at Disney World. AT&T is their preferred carrier. T-Mobile has to take hind teat. You and a million other folks were trying to live stream the fireworks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    578
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    This is what concerns me. You have Neville Ray tweeting every couple of weeks with LTE enhancements and new 600 MHz upgrades but I don’t see better service. In many places I visit m, service is non-existent for the last year. I actually was busting Neville Rays chops on twitter and he eventually responded and told me that I would see better service by mid 2020 in the NY/NJ area. I guess I have wait another year to have service in my local grocery store.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,393
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's really strange. I was there ~3 years ago, and coverage was good. I also hit +100Mbps near the 'lake'
    Cellmapper has it mapped out pretty good, and there are at least 1/2 dozen sites in each of the parks.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,393
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    This is what concerns me. You have Neville Ray tweeting every couple of weeks with LTE enhancements and new 600 MHz upgrades but I don’t see better service. In many places I visit m, service is non-existent for the last year. I actually was busting Neville Rays chops on twitter and he eventually responded and told me that I would see better service by mid 2020 in the NY/NJ area. I guess I have wait another year to have service in my local grocery store.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Much of Neville's tweets are for an individual site in a town/city that has had 'some' form of update performed.
    I got a kick out of a YouTube video actually ranting on T-Mobile outside the city:
    https://youtu.be/B3F3qiZ79e0?t=353

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    281
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    That's really strange. I was there ~3 years ago, and coverage was good. I also hit +100Mbps near the 'lake'
    Cellmapper has it mapped out pretty good, and there are at least 1/2 dozen sites in each of the parks.
    I was there in January and had good service with my Note 8 and my wifes iPhone 7. This time it was a disappointment. I had the new Note 10 and my wife had her old iphone 7 which she used in January. I assumed I would have better reception but hers was the same as mine and her phone in January had better reception so I was able to confirm it was not my phone with the issue. I know there are more important things in life than complaining about reception issues but trying to find your family and not having service sucks. Tmobile needs to do better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,393
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    I know there are more important things in life than complaining about reception issues but trying to find your family and not having service sucks. Tmobile needs to do better.
    I do agree. I had issues in Estes Park, CO where T-Mobile claims its service is great... only to not be able to make calls (3/5 bars) and end up with 98% packet loss with speed test. Similar in Cambria, CA where service goes from 140Mbps in East Cambria to 'No Service' 1 mile away in Cambria Village next to Pacific Coast Highway. It sucks when they give me an 'upgrade of service' timeline of 8 to 12 months to fix the issue.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    7,044
    Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have no personal experience at the parks with steaming,but i often view a regular Disney streamer on you tube, resort tv1, i believe and i think he uses tm. He comments often about coverage and issues, with the basic observation,each carrier,each location,each ride, etc and crowd size all effect deftl results,which world appear to make sense. I've not noticed voiced issues in my experiences there, but heavy data usage is a another animal.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    47
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ve been several times, most recently in January, and had no issues. It wasn’t terribly crowded, but I’ve been during large crowds before and had no problem with basic call and data services like messaging and mapping.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,439
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    I recently took a trip to Disney World in Orlando and I must say Tmobile service was pretty horrendous. We tried to do a facebook live video during the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and it kept trying to reconnect becayse there wasnt enough service. Even while driving around on main roads, service was weak. In the hotels, Lowes, Dolohin and swan, some parts of the hotel had zero service.

    What is going on with Tmobile? I feel the signal had diminished. NYC is still good and thats where I spend 99% of my time so I will stick with Tmobile but this is pathetic. I feel like the signal strength in NYC has gone down just a little as well. My company issued At&t phone worked flawlessly as did my verizon company issed iPad in Orlando.
    Here’s a thought, put down the phone watch the fireworks! You spent lots of money to visit the Magic Kingdom and friends don’t really need or want to see fireworks on a phone. Or just record it and send it later.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,498
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Here’s a thought, put down the phone watch the fireworks! You spent lots of money to visit the Magic Kingdom and friends don’t really need or want to see fireworks on a phone. Or just record it and send it later.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Off topic, but it's a personal pet peeve: I *hate* all of the stupid fireworks shows and parades at Disney parks. I'm trying to ride rides and every couple of hours they reroute all the foot traffic and block off big sections of the park so people can queue up a half hour early to stand around and watch people in costumes wave at them from floats. The nighttime fireworks are even worse, since they shut down rides too close to the launch area.

    I can see fireworks anywhere. I can only ride Disney park rides at Disney parks!

    Rant over!



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,753
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ... I *hate* all of the stupid fireworks shows and parades at Disney parks. ....
    Maybe someone should calculate the "carbon footprint" of one of those fireworks shows and multiply by 365.
    Donald Newcomb

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,498
    Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Maybe someone should calculate the "carbon footprint" of one of those fireworks shows and multiply by 365.
    But then you'll just make me sad calculating the carbon footprint of the many, many trips my family have taken to Orlando and Anaheim over the years!



    Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    15
    Feedback Score
    0
    There is a DAS system at Disney. The three biggest nos on it. So coverage is perfect. However, congestion can happen of course.

Similar Threads

  1. Walt Disney World Florida Coverage
    By BearDenBob in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 05:12 PM
  2. How is the coverage at Disney World and in Orlando
    By lgreenberg in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 05:17 PM
  3. Reception in Orlando, FL. / Disney World
    By cranway in forum AT&T
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 09:42 AM
  4. Service in Disney World (Florida)??
    By Larko in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 11:30 AM
  5. Disney World Coverage
    By FLATMOBILEBOY in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 08:30 AM

Bookmarks