Thread: Disney world/orlando

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Disney world/orlando

I recently took a trip to Disney World in Orlando and I must say Tmobile service was pretty horrendous. We tried to do a facebook live video during the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and it kept trying to reconnect becayse there wasnt enough service. Even while driving around on main roads, service was weak. In the hotels, Lowes, Dolohin and swan, some parts of the hotel had zero service.

What is going on with Tmobile? I feel the signal had diminished. NYC is still good and thats where I spend 99% of my time so I will stick with Tmobile but this is pathetic. I feel like the signal strength in NYC has gone down just a little as well. My company issued At&t phone worked flawlessly as did my verizon company issed iPad in Orlando.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Disney controls everything at Disney World. AT&T is their preferred carrier. T-Mobile has to take hind teat. You and a million other folks were trying to live stream the fireworks.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is what concerns me. You have Neville Ray tweeting every couple of weeks with LTE enhancements and new 600 MHz upgrades but I don’t see better service. In many places I visit m, service is non-existent for the last year. I actually was busting Neville Rays chops on twitter and he eventually responded and told me that I would see better service by mid 2020 in the NY/NJ area. I guess I have wait another year to have service in my local grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's really strange. I was there ~3 years ago, and coverage was good. I also hit +100Mbps near the 'lake'
    Cellmapper has it mapped out pretty good, and there are at least 1/2 dozen sites in each of the parks.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    This is what concerns me. You have Neville Ray tweeting every couple of weeks with LTE enhancements and new 600 MHz upgrades but I don’t see better service. In many places I visit m, service is non-existent for the last year. I actually was busting Neville Rays chops on twitter and he eventually responded and told me that I would see better service by mid 2020 in the NY/NJ area. I guess I have wait another year to have service in my local grocery store.

Much of Neville's tweets are for an individual site in a town/city that has had 'some' form of update performed.
    I got a kick out of a YouTube video actually ranting on T-Mobile outside the city:
    https://youtu.be/B3F3qiZ79e0?t=353

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    That's really strange. I was there ~3 years ago, and coverage was good. I also hit +100Mbps near the 'lake'
    Cellmapper has it mapped out pretty good, and there are at least 1/2 dozen sites in each of the parks.
    I was there in January and had good service with my Note 8 and my wifes iPhone 7. This time it was a disappointment. I had the new Note 10 and my wife had her old iphone 7 which she used in January. I assumed I would have better reception but hers was the same as mine and her phone in January had better reception so I was able to confirm it was not my phone with the issue. I know there are more important things in life than complaining about reception issues but trying to find your family and not having service sucks. Tmobile needs to do better.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    I know there are more important things in life than complaining about reception issues but trying to find your family and not having service sucks. Tmobile needs to do better.
    I do agree. I had issues in Estes Park, CO where T-Mobile claims its service is great... only to not be able to make calls (3/5 bars) and end up with 98% packet loss with speed test. Similar in Cambria, CA where service goes from 140Mbps in East Cambria to 'No Service' 1 mile away in Cambria Village next to Pacific Coast Highway. It sucks when they give me an 'upgrade of service' timeline of 8 to 12 months to fix the issue.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    I have no personal experience at the parks with steaming,but i often view a regular Disney streamer on you tube, resort tv1, i believe and i think he uses tm. He comments often about coverage and issues, with the basic observation,each carrier,each location,each ride, etc and crowd size all effect deftl results,which world appear to make sense. I've not noticed voiced issues in my experiences there, but heavy data usage is a another animal.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been several times, most recently in January, and had no issues. It wasn’t terribly crowded, but I’ve been during large crowds before and had no problem with basic call and data services like messaging and mapping.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselguy26 View Post
    I recently took a trip to Disney World in Orlando and I must say Tmobile service was pretty horrendous. We tried to do a facebook live video during the fireworks at Magic Kingdom and it kept trying to reconnect becayse there wasnt enough service. Even while driving around on main roads, service was weak. In the hotels, Lowes, Dolohin and swan, some parts of the hotel had zero service.

What is going on with Tmobile? I feel the signal had diminished. NYC is still good and thats where I spend 99% of my time so I will stick with Tmobile but this is pathetic. I feel like the signal strength in NYC has gone down just a little as well. My company issued At&t phone worked flawlessly as did my verizon company issed iPad in Orlando.
    Here’s a thought, put down the phone watch the fireworks! You spent lots of money to visit the Magic Kingdom and friends don’t really need or want to see fireworks on a phone. Or just record it and send it later.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Here’s a thought, put down the phone watch the fireworks! You spent lots of money to visit the Magic Kingdom and friends don’t really need or want to see fireworks on a phone. Or just record it and send it later.

Off topic, but it's a personal pet peeve: I *hate* all of the stupid fireworks shows and parades at Disney parks. I'm trying to ride rides and every couple of hours they reroute all the foot traffic and block off big sections of the park so people can queue up a half hour early to stand around and watch people in costumes wave at them from floats. The nighttime fireworks are even worse, since they shut down rides too close to the launch area.

I can see fireworks anywhere. I can only ride Disney park rides at Disney parks!

Rant over!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ... I *hate* all of the stupid fireworks shows and parades at Disney parks. ....
    Maybe someone should calculate the "carbon footprint" of one of those fireworks shows and multiply by 365.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Maybe someone should calculate the "carbon footprint" of one of those fireworks shows and multiply by 365.
    But then you'll just make me sad calculating the carbon footprint of the many, many trips my family have taken to Orlando and Anaheim over the years!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    There is a DAS system at Disney. The three biggest nos on it. So coverage is perfect. However, congestion can happen of course.