Thread: TF wont update my unliimted balance with my refill purchase (corporate elevation)

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score

TF wont update my unliimted balance with my refill purchase (corporate elevation)

moto e4 unlocked

8/26 started the 20 dollar plan with expiration date of 9/25. all was well except the only way to get balances was texting 611

9/23 i decided to buy my next month. date updated fine. data never has. new updated expiration was 10/23 and i think i got shorted a day but thats secondary.

9/26 called and wont bore you with the 3 people i talked to except to say last guy said he added it and its probably stuck in the cell towers. call tomorrow if no update. yes he said it was stuck in the towers. all admitted it wasnt added to my line. strangely enough balance updated 10/26 from 10/23 but data still didnt add the gig. but 'something' took to update that date

9/27 1st line person said gotta wait for update. um its been 4 days. then a supervisor accused me of burning thru the gig. i have a firewall and data manager on my phone. i use maybe 30 MB a weekday. zero on weekends. cant you see my usage. no i cannot sir. so then how do you know i burned thru the data? insulting!

transferred to corporate supposedly. talked to manager. he said it was added and showed on their system. i asked him what the balance was. he said 1.53. however my unlimited balance is .69 so it should be 1.69. now here's the weird part. my paygo balance reported since i started the unlimited plan is .53. i think something weird happened and it was put on the paygo plan but doesnt register. the manager tried to tell me that the text i get was really the amount used. not the balance. more lies. it clearly shows a declining balance since 8/26. idiot! then he told me that he can have someone work on the app to enable me to get the balance the the app. so i guess they are gonna rewrite code just for me. i feel special! the website says text balance to 611. he thinks you can see unlimited balance thru the website. they have no clue what they can even see on their own site. i just feel continual incompetence and lying. he said if i ran the balance to zero id still have a gig but how do i know that. no one will send me a text, an email. nothing!

i had a temp H20 phone a few months and never had any billing or balance issues. i dont even need 1 gig a month but 500 mb that h20 offers is the same cost as TF now.

so does anyone know why they cannot send my proper balance to my text, my app or the website.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    New stuff with TF is always problematic at first.

There have been several tImes when balances were unavailable. Sometimes for just one carrier. And times when one method worked for one carrier, but a different method worked for another.

In time they'll figure out how to report all the info, unlimited plan data and all the pay-go balances.

For now, it appears the 1GB went to wrong bucket. Since you revert to that bucket when the other is empty you should be good.

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    New stuff with TF is always problematic at first.

There have been several tImes when balances were unavailable. Sometimes for just one carrier. And times when one method worked for one carrier, but a different method worked for another.

In time they'll figure out how to report all the info, unlimited plan data and all the pay-go balances.

For now, it appears the 1GB went to wrong bucket. Since you revert to that bucket when the other is empty you should be good.
    except i have zero proof they owe me 1 gig. its not in the new or old balance on the phone. i can see me calling in a month saying you owe me last month and when i went to renew this month it didnt work either.

also he said it didnt go to my paygo. he said it went to my unlimited but their data number doesnt match mine even. nothing they say really makes sense. isnt this their business to know and keep track. i realize im probably the only one out there that even has an issue because i'm so lucky lol.

i have a lot of other phones laying around. can i just put the sim in those phones and they work or must i go through some kind of process. was gonna test things.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    BBB them.

I though you said it was in the pay-go balance.

But typical TF. Roll out something new with support half baked, even by TF standards.

SIM swapping should still work fine.

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    BBB them.

I though you said it was in the pay-go balance.

But typical TF. Roll out something new with support half baked, even by TF standards.

SIM swapping should still work fine.

nothing on my phone shows 1 gig has been added. id be OK if it showed in paygo

he told me its in my unlimited balance of 1.53. but my unlimited balance is .69 on the phone. which should be 1.69.

if it's truly 1.53 on his end then its on the paygo but NOT on my phone balance. thats the problem. i want SOMETHING in writing somewhere i got 1 gig. i have zero proof of my 1 gig purchase. online on TF site it says 1gb purchase but you cannot view ANY balances at all online. i also get totally random balance inquiries sent to me thru text thruout the day. weird!

maybe its the moto phone. i havent been able to find a single instance of anyone having issues with balances

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydriver View Post
    maybe its the moto phone. i havent been able to find a single instance of anyone having issues with balances
    It's not the phone, it's Tracfone!

A couple of days ago, a family member's Unlimited T&T service expired and the phone reverted back to paygo. The talk and text balance report correctly, but the account shows 0 for data and the Service End Date is blank. She has internet access so her data is out there somewhere, unless she has got totally unrestricted data into the future Will be following up with TF when we have time.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    tfu2215, further evidence of the half baked roll out.

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    tfu2215, further evidence of the half baked roll out.
    imagine how auto refill on unlimited is gonna be. you will literally never know your data balance. im betting even the worst prepaid around gives you a balance

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    They'll fix it. . . Eventually

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    so i gave up on my other gb. i know its lost forever... yesterday my unlimted balance was .41 gb and of course should have been 1.41 with my missing gig from my 2nd month.

but what bugs me is thru the texting balance to my phone i got zero gigs in paygo plan. they wiped it away. BUT on the website its correct at 537 mb. but the texts are off by 7.

so i decide maybe its different when you recharge on the phone instead of the computer. my expiration is 10/26. so i buy the 20 dollar plan now and it shows the gig correctly added to my balance 1.41 when i text for balance but the paygo still shows zero. which is wrong. also i find that the widget part of the app now shows the 537 mb from paygo. which it hasnt done since the unlimited plan started.

so in summary

i got the gig i bought this month
    last months is gone forever
    texting data balance is wiped out for paygo but shows up on the widget and online

someone is doing 'something' and its just so whacked. why cant they hire professional programmers to test things out before deploying

Device(s)
    LX770 Ericsson
    Carrier(s)
    ex-Free2Go now cing.
    Feedback Score
    well today they updated the app and it shows the amount of the unlimited plan in the widget. i still lost my gig from my 1st month..sigh. no one from the executive team ever cared enough to resolve my issue. the rich get richer...

also when i text balance my paygo balance here's somethign funny.

it shows total plan data 1.54 and .54 of that is my last provable paygo balance. maaaaybe that 1 gig is the gig i lost from a while ago. then it lists my paygo expiration and then it says plan balance of 1.02. 1.02 is my current unlimited balance.

on the website it lists paygo as only 537 mb. under other plan. so will they recognize my extra gig ....we may never know...

can you follow all that? there will be a test tomorrow. the biggest improvement is the app being current with unlimited though in my case its not correct. but it does seem like the gig got put on paygo at least.

should i call that a win

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    We had to contact Chat for our missing Data (plus the missing BUNDLE minutes) not fun! Been on chat for over 3 HOURS!
    (Our) Phone History At-a-Glance:
    '08-on Tracfone (Vz) using:
    1. '19- : Vzw on Moto E5 (with unl talk $30)
    2. '17-'19 : BYOP(Vzw) on UsC Moto E4 + LG Rebel 3
    3. '16-'17 : BYOP(Vzw) on HTC Desire 526
    4. '14-'16 : Huawei Glory H868C
    5. '12-'14 : LG800g
    6. '08-'12 : Motorola W376g
    '05-'08 Verizon & Sprint used: Moto Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    '03-'05 Alltel & Cingular
    '01 AT&T