Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Press 1 for English

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Press 1 for English

I have successfully activated two phones on Page Plus over the last two days.

With each phone when I try to make the first call, the Page Plus announcement comes on that the last 4 digits of your number is your passcode.

Then the announcement says Press 1 for English or Press 2 for Spanish.

I press 1 and then get the message "That choice was invalid".

I cannot get any further than that!

I was on another phone with three different levels of customer service for over two hours yesterday without a solution.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggested solutions?

Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    Just call customer service and tell them what going on

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Hi Chris,

I was on a different phone line for over two hours yesterday with 3 different levels of customer service trying to resolve the problem.

Phone #1 is a MyFlip that I purchased directly from PagePlus. Level 3 customer service finally said we have been having a lot of problems with that phone. That was his final answer.

So I went out and purchased a LG Rebel 4 Lte ( Phone #2) today. I am experiencing the same problem with it.

Feedback Score
    Did it just happen with the first test call after activation? Is it activated and working fine after that ? You mention they were successfully activated.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Hi Rpz1,
    I activated each of the phones on the Page Plus website. For each phone I got message saying the activation was successful.
    Each activation included adding a $10. pin.

When I try to make a call I get the statement press 1 for English or press 2 for Spanish.
    It then says that my input (pressing 1) was invalid.
    After that I get a message from Verizon saying that the call cannot be completed because of restrictions on the line. Verizon message 24.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    So when you go to make any call you get that message after dialing a number ? So you can't make a call at all.
    I have a MyFlip too, never an issue. When you first activated did you do it online or chat? You didn't do that *22890 thing when activating did you ? Their site says to do that, but not suppose to do that for 4G phones. It's an error on their site.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I activated the two phones online. I did not use *22890.

When I try to make a call I get a Verizon message saying the line is restricted. This happens with both phones.

I can send and receive texts and have been able to add each of the phones to My Account on the Page Plus site.

I have spent a lot of time talking to Page Plus customer service, but in each case they ended up saying the could not resolve the problem.

Feedback Score
    Never heard of this. All I can say is keep bugging PP. Chat "technical support" is better. Just tell them the phones didn't activate. Have them reset/reactivate. Are you using the same SIM you activated on the MyFlip in the Rebel?
    I assume you restarted the phones after activation. Keep after them till you find a rep that isn't clueless.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Rpz1
    Customer Service reps have had me try many things including telling me to take the SIM out of the phone and put the SIM in a known good phone that has been working for months on Page Plus. Even with the SIM in a phone that been working on page plus, I get the same message about the line being restricted.

And I find it strange that I am getting the same failure mechanism with two new phones that each have their own SIM and their own PIN and their own phone numbers. (I am not going to go out and buy a third phone!)

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do you have good Verizon LTE service in your area? From what I understand, the MyFlip is a CDMA-less phone. Not sure on the Rebel 4 tho.

Did you use their online chat or phone system? I have seen people get better luck with their online chat over their phone. I am wondering if a number got typed in wrong if you used the phone system. I would not know tho.

Feedback Score
    @advcomp2019 may be on to something with cdma-less. I know the My Flip is cdma-less but likewise don't know about a Rebel 4 LTE. The LTE may imply it's cdma-less. Any specs I find only list LTE bands. From what I've read in some other thread, if it's cdma-less and you have a very poor LTE signal in your area you'll still be able to do text but not voice. Have you tried data to see if that works ?
    Don't know how these cdma-less phones will work with roaming partners that are cdma.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    On the working MyFlip that I have, I get a 4GLTE icon and the browser works. On the non working MyFlip and the non working Rebel4 I do not get 4GLTE icons and the browsers do not work.
    So, the working MyFlip seems to be telling me that there is a 4GLTE signal at this location.
    Data is turned on in the settings on both non working phones.
    And, as I said before text does work on both of the non working phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleAndy View Post
    On the working MyFlip that I have, I get a 4GLTE icon and the browser works. On the non working MyFlip and the non working Rebel4 I do not get 4GLTE icons and the browsers do not work.
    So, the working MyFlip seems to be telling me that there is a 4GLTE signal at this location.
    Data is turned on in the settings on both non working phones.
    And, as I said before text does work on both of the non working phones.
    Just to be clear. You have another "My Flip" with absolutely no issues: working fine with talk, text, data?? I didn't see you ever mentioned the SIM swap you did was from an identical phone. But you said that your not working phone SIM in the working phone doesn't work. How about the working phone SIM in the none working phone ?

Have you checked what the network settings and/or APN is set to in the working phone vs the none working ?

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I have a working MyFlip that has no issues (talk, text, and data).

I have checked the APN settings on the two phones that do not show a 4GLTE icon and do not work on talk or browse.
    All three phones have cellular data ON and the APN on all three phones is "VZWINTERNET".

Please tell me if there is anything else I should check.

Finally, the good phone SIM when placed in either of the non-working phones allows the 4GLTE icon to come on and I can make calls.
    Last edited by UncleAndy; 09-27-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Feedback Score
    Since the good phone SIM works in the non-working phones certainly sounds like a SIM activation issue.
    Since the good SIM works it shouldn't be the network setting but check it anyway: On The FLIP Settings>Network and Connectivity>Cellular & Data>Carrier>Network Type. Mines set to Auto(LTE/WCDMA/GSM).
    All I can say is keep bugging customer service. They should be able to reactivate the SIMs. Other then that I'm out of guesses.

Just as a side note, if you get the 4GLTE icon on the MyFlip (with the good SIM) that says data is turned on. FYI, You don't need data on for VoLTE. Doesn't mean anything for your issue, just a FYI.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast