Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Press 1 for English

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried pressing "2"for Spanish, at least to attempt to get past that prompt and make the call? You can later worry about setting it back to English.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info Rpz1,

Yes, Network Type is Auto(LTE/WCDMA/GSM) on both the working and non-working MyFlip phones. On the Rebel 4 Network says 4G-113db.

Maybe I will try Customer Service tonight.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Hi Jairzinho,

Yes I did try hitting the 2 key - but I get the same old "That choice was invalid" and then it tries to call customer service but the call does not go thru.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleAndy View Post
    Yes I did try hitting the 2 key - but I get the same old "That choice was invalid" and then it tries to call customer service but the call does not go thru.
    All this sounds like when you activate on Verizon directly, not on a MVNO. Happened to me when I first got a 4G and mistakenly did the *22890 thing which you said you didn't do. If you activated your recent non-working SIMs using the same process I'd say there's the problem. Again, keep doing online chats with service and tell them the phones are NOT activated. Because they're not. I wouldn't even mention what works or what doesn't, or the message you get. They just flat aren't activated. If the chat rep doesn't fix it just log into chat again and try another rep. It's the CSR lottery.

Also your phone should be off when activating. Then re-started after activation is complete.

Feedback Score
    Page plus may be having a run on glitches. This isn't related to the op's dilemma, but yesterday I had to get in touch with PP service reps because out of the blue my paygo acct had been deactivated.

I was able to use the number to the automated line, and eventually got transferred to a live cs rep. It took about twenty minutes for him to get my acct up and running again. Naturally, he didn't have an explanation as to why this happened, other than it was a 'glitch in the system'.

So, maybe PP is having some problems with their system and it is affecting some users in different ways.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankelstein View Post
    Page plus may be having a run on glitches. This isn't related to the op's dilemma, but yesterday I had to get in touch with PP service reps because out of the blue my paygo acct had been deactivated.

I was able to use the number to the automated line, and eventually got transferred to a live cs rep. It took about twenty minutes for him to get my acct up and running again. Naturally, he didn't have an explanation as to why this happened, other than it was a 'glitch in the system'.

So, maybe PP is having some problems with their system and it is affecting some users in different ways.
    The balance on my mom's line was mysteriously zeroed out for no apparent reason several months back That was around the time I moved her line from a ZTE LTE flip phone to a MyFlip.

As I was about to contact CS, her balance reappeared. No issues since then.

Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    @UncleAndy: Any luck?

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Rpz1

I did a chat with customer service today about the MyFlip that I purchased from PPC. He was unable to resolve the problem and told me to call customer service.
    After letting customer service do their tricks - when I try to make a call, the MyFlip gives me a message of "Data Plan should add HD voice feature for the call" and then disconnect. But customer service does not seem to be able to fix this.

I plan on calling about the Rebel 4 tomorrow.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That sounds like you might not have VoLTE enabled on that phone now. The MyFlip needs VoLTE enabled to be able to call because the MyFlip does not have a CDMA radio from my tests here. I know of a few places that still has 3G and 1x signals, and the MyFlip does not switch to 3G or 1x like most of my other phones in these locations.

Feedback Score
    When I activated mine VoLTE was enabled/provisioned. I thought they do that now by default, like VVM. There's no toggle in that phone to enable VoLTE. Don't know why when the OP said chat resolved the issue they then had him call CS. Maybe CS did their trick of messing it up again.

Device(s)
    Kyocera 2325
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I gave you the wrong impression RPZ1. Chat tried a few things. Had me restart the phone a few times while he tried things. He had me take out the SIM and put it in my working phone. But neither chat or the following call to customer service resolved the problem. The problem at this point with the MyFlip is that when I try to make a call I get the message "Data plan should add HD voice feature for the call". Then nothing.

Feedback Score
    No, I misread your post sorry. You said chat was unable to resolve.
    Well the old problems gone but a new one. So something they're doing on their end is changing something. If it was just your new MyFlip I'd say a bad phone, but you have the same issue on the Rebel. Is it a new Tracfone Rebel with the SIM that came in it? We'll see how you make out with that one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    After re-reading the message, I misunderstood it at the start. I am thinking there is no data on the phone or account for VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    After re-reading the message, I misunderstood it at the start. I am thinking there is no data on the phone or account for VoLTE.
    That's what I was thinking too. I don't know what plan the OP has. But even on the standard PayGo there's data. And he said he never could get data working either, just text. But of course it is PP so maybe somehow they zero'd his data bucket if he has one. Or wonder if they have him on 3G plans. On a VoLTE phone, what does text use ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That is a good question that I don't know. I would think it would be another part of LTE network like VoLTE does. I know if a phone without certified CDMA network that does not have "CDMA-Less" enabled has MMS issues mainly tho.

Edit: I found it. SMS on LTE phones uses IMS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast